Why Ignore Zimbabwe?

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 04:29 pm
My request the borrowed power of the world is this.
Build your streets and concentrate your community.
Your arrogance and barbaric war every few years
had disqualified you to make any staments.
Africans know how to live and what to get.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 04:35 pm
When you compare the proportional contribution (according to the polulation)
to uplift povery
Venezuela, Cuba take lead than any xyz country.
When you think of decency, democracy and other niceities you and your coharts get not the first 8 places.
Search in Googgle and get informed.
0 Replies

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:19 pm
Rama, seriously, man, your English is bad enough that you're not really contributing to the conversation here. I'm sorry your English isn't any better. Perhaps you'd like to participate in discussions on message boards in your native language, where your views could be better-appreciated?

At the same time, the US hasn't ever resorted to confiscating food shipments because the government's anti-business policies are so bad that the grocery companies don't even want to operate anymore. Nor do people in the US hop on little rafts and attempt to float to another country, except as a very odd sort of survival sport!

If the US was so terrible, why would poor people be so desperate to get here?

Back on topic. Specifically, what do you propose doing about Zimbabwe? If we take your "build your streets and concentrate on your community" advice, that means we should do nothing - i.e. ignore it as it descends into even more hellish conditions. Is that actually what you recommend? If not, what do you recommend DOING? Not just "oh I would change things!", but what specifically would you do to change things?
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Fri 25 Apr, 2008 06:25 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
My request the borrowed power of the world is this.
Build your streets and concentrate your community.
Your arrogance and barbaric war every few years
had disqualified you to make any staments.

I guess that means you definitely have no answer to this question, huh:

nimh wrote:
Ramafuchs wrote:
I am not a Judge nor I wish to qualify myself
to be the judge of other's view.

I did not ask you to judge anyone else's views.

I asked you what you would suggest we could do, specifically, about "this kind of hypocracy" in Zimbabwe.

What kind of action do you suggest?

I mean, why actually want to do something about anything if you can just lecture people in fuzzy platitudes?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 12:55 pm
fuzzy platitudes?

Educate me to Able2Know the intellectual life without indecency please.
0 Replies

nimh

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:36 pm
Ramafuchs wrote:
fuzzy platitudes?

Educate me to Able2Know the intellectual life without indecency please.

Well, ok, I will try.

Step one in order to progress beyond generalities and become Able2Know about something: become concrete about what you mean. Try to phrase concrete proposals, ideas. That way you can test them, and learn from the responses you get.

Let's start with the subject of this thread. What should we do, specifically, about "this kind of hypocracy" in Zimbabwe? What kind of action do you suggest?

If you suggest something concrete, a specific idea, then we could discuss it, see what the merits of it are, what the drawbacks are, what the opportunities to make it happen are. And when we do something like that, then would we be able to learn something from each other.

So give it a go. Zimbabwe. What do you suggest the EU could do, for example? I dont suppose you would want the US to do anything. What about ordinary citizens like you and me, what could we do?
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:40 pm
leave the people as they are and try not to expolit with your intellectual views( with the help of commerice and industry)
0 Replies

Reply Sat 26 Apr, 2008 07:47 pm
Well, but we're already doing that. I'm not doing -anything- with respect to Zimbabwe, other than shaking my head and occasionally talking about it a bit.

The US isn't doing anything about Zimbabwe either, really; we provide a bit of food aid, and we certainly let the government there know that we don't approve of the way they run their country, but we haven't done anything to STOP them.

Is your contention that this is a good thing, and that we're pursuing the proper course of action? That, in effect, we SHOULD forget Zimbabwe?
0 Replies

georgeob1

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 12:55 pm
The question at the opening of this thread is a good one. Why isn't there more public outrage in the West, and more action by Western governments, against the obvious attempts of the reprehensible Mugabe regime to hang on to power - in the face of widespread public opposition there?

I suspect the answer involves two main components: (1) A (perhaps overly-complacent) belief that Mugabe is on his last legs and that his regime will fall soon enough.; and (2) general disgust with the passivity of the neighboring African states, particularly South Africa, in closing their eyes to the human tragedy taking place on their borders, apparently based on an absurd "loyalty" to a fraternal post colonial revolutionary leader.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sun 27 Apr, 2008 01:47 pm
There are a few ( very few)civilized Europeans who engage to expose this.
But who cares about civilization now-a-days?.
Theose who type perfect English to project their intellectual views are more civilized.
And people like me who lack in the art of proficiey in English strive hard to seek decency and failed to achieve what they seek.
0 Replies