Does history repeat?

Equus

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 11:43 am
It isn't that history repeats itself. It's just that God's writing staff runs out of fresh ideas for new episodes and tends to rehash their biggest hits from time to time.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Sun 6 Apr, 2008 01:11 pm
Re: Poor Set
blucher wrote:
So what are you saying? Are you alluding to the idea that the appearance is false?

Yes . . . that is what is meant when i wrote: " . . . but it is apparent, as opposed to real."

Perhaps English is not your first langauge?

As for the rest of your drivel, my view of history is based upon a lifetime of study, not a cookie-cutter view which is "Marxist" or "Judeo-Christian-Moslem [sic]"--it is worth pointing out that your claims about history repeating itself, and about "cycles" represent a shallow and untutored view which has always been popular among those with an agenda to forward. Mutilating history for the purpose of supporting one's political agenda (which is precisely what you are doing) is actually exactly what Marx calls for. There is nothing in your babble which is threatening to me; you provide nothing to substantiate what you claim is true, one is, apparently, simply to take your ex cathedra statements without asking for evidence, or a plausible argument. Sounds like religion to me--but then, it is usually difficult to distinguish the religious and the political fanatics merely by method.
0 Replies