Speech Class

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 07:57 pm
In speech last (last friday) we had an assignment to write a 2-4 minute speech on an if question. One of those questions was "if you could recieve a package from anyone who would it be what ill it contain and why?" i decided to write on that and i want to know what you think.

To recieve a gift from someone famous or deceased would be great but if i could recieve a package from anyone it would be my brother. My brother has been with me through think and thin and has helped me when im down or upset. What i would recieve from him would be a letter of advice because i find advice very valuable especially from him.

Advice is a motivator for many, so is family and friends. So a combination of both would be great. I need adive because i usually lack motivation in the school environment, but it doesnt help that im lazy as well. My brother has been with me to help me push the boulder up the hill, and also help me tackle obstacles that hinder my performance. Since my brother is away at college i dont have the chance to talk to him often. Anytime when we talk he usually gives me some motivation to last me through the week but sometimes it wont last. A letter from him chock full of advice would really help me through any difficulties i may have.

A package from someone, anyone would be great, but something from my brother coming from the heart would benift me most during my life.
___

Ive timed myself and i get 1 minute 25 seconds. I really dont know how to lengthen it any more can someone give me some pointers
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,321 • Replies: 11
No top replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:07 pm
That's so sweet, Tyrius!

Quote:
Advice is a motivator for many, so is family and friends. So a combination of both would be great. A problem i have in school or in anything were i must put effort, i usually dont have motivation and i am also quite lazy. My brother has been with me to help me push the boulder up the hill, and also help me tackle obstacles that hinder my performance.

You might consider adding a few specific pieces of advice that he's given to you here.

Since my brother is away at college i dont have the chance to talk to him often. Anytime when we talk he usually gives me some motivation to last me through the week but sometimes it wont last. A letter from him chock full of advice would really help me through any difficulties i may have."
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:08 pm
Hehe thx
lemme rewrite
0 Replies

fealola

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:21 pm
That sounds good. My simple advice to you comes from my high school speech teacher a long time ago.

Don't say uh or um! And project. Make sure everyone hears you!
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:21 pm
Re: Speech Class
My brother, a mentor, a friend, picking me up when i am down, directing me when i am lost. He has always been there in a time of need. To receive a gift from someone famous or deceased would be great but if i could receive a package from anyone it would be my brother. My brother has been with me through think and thin and has helped me when i am down or upset. What i would receive from him would be a letter of inspiration because i find advice very valuable especially from him.

Advice is a motivator for many, so is family and friends. So a combination of both would be great. I need advice because i usually lack motivation in the school environment, but it doesn't help that i am lazy as well. My brother has been with me to help me push the boulder up the hill, and also help me tackle obstacles that hinder my performance. For example, once i was real down about some comments that where spreading around school, my brother gave me some advice that i've been using since that day 3 years ago, " Who cares what people think, you know the truth so it doesn't matter". Another fine example is when i felt i would fail on making the lacrosse team he reassured me by making remembering how hard i practiced for the tryouts and how much i have improved.Since my brother is away at college i don't have the chance to talk to him often. Anytime when we talk he usually gives me some motivation to last me through the week but sometimes it wont last. A letter from him chock full of inspiration and advice would really help me through any difficulties i may have.

My brother has helped me through so much, i am surprised he hasn't written a book on inspiration for the young and helpless. Reassuring me on something I have worked hard on or something i could do well. An inspiraional letter from my brother would be the best thing i could receive.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:33 pm
I think that sounds nice thanks alot for the help guys. I wonder how politicians do this Smile
0 Replies

LibertyD

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:37 pm
I think it looks great! Sounds like you've got a great bro.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:43 pm
Heheh yea. Havent had much of a "traditional family" especially the father son part but that is for another time and date Smile
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:45 pm
Sounds like you've got a great brother - and that you are a great brother, yourself.

Good speech.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:11 pm
You guys helped a ton. I aced the speech thanks again.
0 Replies

fbaezer

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 11:49 am
Tyrius wrote:
I wonder how politicians do this Smile

They don't.
They have people who write their speeches for them, and then they sprinkle some ideas here and there.
I can tell you, because I write political speeches for a living.

BTW, your speech is quite fine for a jr. high student.
0 Replies

Tyrius

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 04:55 pm
freshmen
Thank you
0 Replies