Condoleeza Rice

gollum

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 05:31 am
Before Pres. Bush appointed Condoleeza Rice as Nat'l Security Advisor how was she rated as a political scientist? Did she author important books and/or articles or was she otherwise highly regarded?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 688 • Replies: 6
No top replies

woiyo

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 07:16 am
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Condoleezza_Rice

Check it out. She is an exceptionally talented person.
0 Replies

gollum

Reply Fri 1 Feb, 2008 05:34 pm
Condoleeza Rice
woiyo-
Thank you.

I am not stating that she is not talented -- or that she is.

I guess she advised the president to invade Iraq and to handle it in the way that he did. It appears to be a mistake.

Her academic experience was as a sovietologist. But I don't believe that she predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union.

I don't believe she predicted or prepared for the rise of Al Quaeda or anything similar.

So if we judge "a tree by its fruit," what has she produced? Are the American people better off because of the services she has rendered?

My original question was about any books or articles that she may have written and if they have been significant to the field in which she worked.
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 09:54 am
Re: Condoleeza Rice
gollum wrote:
woiyo-
Thank you.

I am not stating that she is not talented -- or that she is.

I guess she advised the president to invade Iraq and to handle it in the way that he did. It appears to be a mistake.

Her academic experience was as a sovietologist. But I don't believe that she predicted the breakup of the Soviet Union.

I don't believe she predicted or prepared for the rise of Al Quaeda or anything similar.

So if we judge "a tree by its fruit," what has she produced? Are the American people better off because of the services she has rendered?

My original question was about any books or articles that she may have written and if they have been significant to the field in which she worked.

You will need to do your own research and draw your own conclusion. Then we can debate the issue.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 10:01 am
Rice is no dummy... but her main qualification for a postion with bush is the same as everyone elses' who cares to be in the inner bush circle.... kiss his ass without question.... and slip in the tongue/....metaphorically of course (although one never knows)

simplistic perhaps, vulgar to be sure... accurate to a fault.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 10:08 am
Ms. Rice is most noted for her expertise on the Soviet Union and having Chevron name a freighter after her.
0 Replies

Ramafuchs

Reply Sat 2 Feb, 2008 01:11 pm
As a vegitarian I always fry, cook, boil rice.
But the lady who reciprocate the views of the few has a name whichis not edible for non-vegitarians.
0 Replies