how can i tighten extra skin...

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 02:15 pm
i weigh 260...ive lost some weight, and i plan to loose 100..
im 5'8-5'9. and im a diabetic. im jsut really afraid that im going to have alot of extra skin wobbling...how can i make it tighter or not have it at all.
please help.
is it possible i can still have a great body with abs or what not?[

advice.

thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,551 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 02:26 pm
April--

The older you get, the less elastic your skin becomes.

How old are you? Where do you notice your loose skin?
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 02:44 pm
You'll find some of it will tighten up but with weight loss that dramatic (congrats by the way) often the skin does not get tight.

The only way to get rid of loose skin like that is surgery.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 03:00 pm
I have NO idea if this works, but I can recall looking this up when people were talking about loose skin on another thread, and just filing it away.

It may just be advertising, for all I know:

"This is our general advice on tightening skin.

Look at www.skinbiology.com/skintightening.html and www.skinbio.com/beforeafterpicts.html

1. Many women and men have had good results in reducing loose skin or excess skin after weight loss. It is slow but usually works and several people have avoided recommended surgery to remove skin.

Some women said they got a mini-breast lift and decided not to have a surgical lift.

2. Start with Trireduction Cream in the morning and or LacSal Cream at night. (You can use either cream in the morning or evening, but this is the order most people use.) Let your skin adjust to this. Just rub the cream on the skin. If there is initial stinging, it will diminish with time but use less if it is a problem.

3. Later, get a stronger hydroxy acid like a 15% to 30% lactic acid or glycolic acid and use this in the evening.

4. After a time, some people use a hydroxy acid in the morning, a SRCP at noon, the hydroxy again about 6 pm, and an SRCP at night. Your skin may be on the edge of irritation so back off if irritation becomes too much.

5. You can later switch to stronger products such a 30% lactic acid or glycolic acid and Super Cop cream but be careful of irritation. For stronger hydroxy acids, see www.skinbiology.com/resellers.html.
The process will take six months to a year but you should start seeing an improvement in about 2 months.

6. The same procedure will reduce scars.

7. You can use the products all over your body.

8. If your skin is dry, use either Emu Oil for Skin or Retinol in Squalane as a moisturizer.

9. Daily supplements of 1 gram of MSM, 1 gram borage oil, and 1 gram vitamin C also help.

10. Combining the above with exercise gives even better results."
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 06:10 pm
Hi april! This is a question I can relate to. I've lost 116 pounds, with about 14 to go to get to goal. (I'm 5' 7" - I weigh 173.2 as of my last weigh-in.) I've been going to Weight Watchers meetings for almost three years, and exercising almost since the beginning.

I've read up on this a lot, and losing weight slowly seems to be a big factor in avoiding loose skin after major weight loss. Also exercise in general, and toning exercises in particular, are supposed to help.

Your age and genetics will definitely affect your skin. Also, I've read that yo-yo dieting can create worse loose skin issues.

I have some skin weirdness in various places - stomach, thighs, and upper arms especially - but I think I can live with it. Or maybe I'm just too scared of the surgery.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 09:34 pm
mac11 wrote:
Hi april! This is a question I can relate to. I've lost 116 pounds, with about 14 to go to get to goal. (I'm 5' 7" - I weigh 173.2 as of my last weigh-in.) I've been going to Weight Watchers meetings for almost three years, and exercising almost since the beginning.

I've read up on this a lot, and losing weight slowly seems to be a big factor in avoiding loose skin after major weight loss. Also exercise in general, and toning exercises in particular, are supposed to help.

Your age and genetics will definitely affect your skin. Also, I've read that yo-yo dieting can create worse loose skin issues.

I have some skin weirdness in various places - stomach, thighs, and upper arms especially - but I think I can live with it. Or maybe I'm just too scared of the surgery.

Doesn't surgery need nasty scars, anyway??????
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:56 am
Yep, nasty scars, plus more money than I can afford and more recovery time than I have available.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:47 pm
To my mind, flaps are better than fat.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 02:59 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
To my mind, flaps are better than fat.

Healthier, certainly.

I am doing lots of weights.......if I can't fly with 'em, they have no business being there....
0 Replies