Kids say the Darndest Things!

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 02:55 pm
Howd Y'all Laughing

Long time no see... Just passing thru and wanted to relay a story I thought was kinda funny-

My sister and brother-in-law went to the Netherlands to see The Rolling Stones in concert. They had to leave behind their 2 year old daughter, Camryn. When she was asked where her parents were she replied, "Hamsterdam" Exclamation

What other cute sayings have you heard?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 904 • Replies: 11
No top replies

Eva

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 03:58 pm
Ah, Hamsterdam.
Real-life home of A2K...?
0 Replies

pueo

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 04:34 pm
hey jose! have not seen you around for a really long time. hope you stop by more often.
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 04:39 pm
Hey! Jose and Pueo!!! Wow!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 04:58 pm
Cute!

Well, I was gonna put these in "What Made You Smile Today", but they could probably use a sozlet break over there...

We have been moving to a new phase of independence in terms of bedtimes, and she's being a little impy as a result. (As in, "you little imp!")

Yesterday, she spent much of the day with E.G., which she normally is fine with/ enjoys. But when she got back, she went under the a shelf we have in her art area (about 1 foot off the ground) and started talking, mostly to herself, about how she was in her doghouse thinking about her sad day. The mama dog went to a meeting and left her and she was sad. I saw this and went over to her and asked if she wanted a kiss from the mama dog, and she said, "No, I will kiss myself" and gave herself a smack on the arm. Sad

Independence is nice, but...

She also has been playing with an older girl who is more rough than we usually tolerate. So today I chastised her for something she had done that she knew she wasn't supposed to, and she started bawling, a literal "WAAaaaAAaaah!" Then she was kind of half-talking between sobs, and I couldn't see what she was saying, and she signed "baby", so I said "are you a baby?" and she said as she continued to bawl, "I'm... cwying... like... a... little... baby... human!"

For some reason the "human" really got to me (she often acts out being a baby animal, and she's recently started saying "human" to differentiate) and I cracked up, which didn't really help with the discipline I was trying to administer.

(I have been trying to spend a lot of time with her and pay a lot of attention to her -- we've read about 2,000 books today. Shocked)
0 Replies

quinn1

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:32 pm
jose! grand to see ya guy!

Nothing cute to add...but, Ill keep my ears open. Do adults count...cuz Im around them much more often.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Mon 25 Aug, 2003 08:36 pm
Hey JC, how are you? Good to see you here!

Laughing
0 Replies

kev

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 03:41 am
True story, About thirty years ago I had taken my five year old daughter for a walk through some fields near to where we live, and we came to this chapel, there were six big fella's carrying this enormous casket (the deceased was either very well respected or very rich) the casket was expensive with lots of brass ornaments decorating it.

My five year old ,who had no concept of death said, in a perplexed voice, what are those men doing? I had no idea what to say and the best I could manage was"erm well one of those men is going to heaven"

To which she replied "why is he taking his sideboard with him"
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 07:22 am
very funny everone! Working with 2 kids I get funnies a lot, I just tend to forget them. I'll remember to post here next time.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:16 am
We live near a major hospital, so we have rescue helicopters flying over regularly. When my son was almost three, he would point up in the sky and exclaim, "Heckerdocker!" whenever one flew by. This cracked us up!

To this day, they are heckerdockers around here.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 09:38 am
My wife used to operate a daycare from home. They'd play in the front yard, and everytime a truck went down the street this one little boy would yell out "F-ck!".

My older daugter invented the words "tomorning" and "hangamer".

One year my younger daughter asked when we were going to make "killed eggs"? It took awhile before we realized she meant "dyed eggs".
0 Replies

Jose Cuervo

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 04:17 pm
He, he, he... ;^}
0 Replies