editing of compositon for Year 3 students

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 02:09 pm
Hi

Could someone please edit this short composition meant for Year 3 students for me? Many thanks.

One day, Joseph went to a shop selling storybooks.. While he was in the shop, his wallet dropped out of his trouser pocket. He was not aware of it. When he had chosen the books he wanted to buy, he went to the cashier. He put his hand in his trouser pocket and was shocked to find that his wallet was missing.

Joseph left the books on the cashier's counter and went to look for his wallet. Soon a little girl, seeing that he was looking for something, approached him and asked, "Hello, are you looking for something?"

"Yes, I've lost my wallet." The girl showed him the wallet, which she had picked from the floor of the shop and asked him, "Is this your wallet?"
"Yes, it is mine."

The girl returned the wallet to him. Joseph thanked her.

He then went back to the cashier to pay for the books. After that, he left for home.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 2 • Views: 459 • Replies: 4
No top replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 07:20 pm
Re: editing of compositon for Year 3 students
One day, Joseph went to a bookstore.{shop selling storybooks.}. Some how, while he was shopping{in the shop}, his wallet fell {dropped} out of his trouser pocket. He was not aware of it. When he had chosen the books he wanted to buy, he went to the cashier. He put his hand in his trouser pocket and was shocked to find that his wallet was missing.

Joseph left the books on the cashier's counter and went to look for his wallet. Soon a little girl, seeing that he was looking for something, approached him and asked, "Hello, are you looking for something?"

"Yes, I've lost my wallet." The girl showed him the wallet, which she had found on {picked from} the floor of the shop. { and asked him, }
"Is this your wallet?"
"Yes, it is mine."

He {then}went back to the cashier to pay for the books, then{. After that, }he left for home. He felt lucky that his lost wallet had been found.
(OR) He was happy that the little girl had found his lost wallet.

=======Edited======
One day, Joseph went to a bookstore. Some how, while he was shopping, his wallet fell out of his trouser pocket. He was not aware of it. When he had chosen the books he wanted to buy, he went to the cashier. He put his hand in his trouser pocket and was shocked to find that his wallet was missing.

"Yes, I've lost my wallet." The girl showed him the wallet, which she had found on the floor of the shop.

"Is this your wallet?"
"Yes, it is mine."

He went back to the cashier to pay for the books, then he left for home. He felt lucky that his lost wallet had been found.
(OR)
He was happy that the little girl had found his lost wallet.
==========

Just a few little changes and I think the story needs a better finishing line than "...he left for home." I've given two examples.

Joe(Lucky boy that Joseph!)Nation

PS: You may have told us before, but I don't know how old YEAR THREE students are.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Tue 29 Jan, 2008 08:35 pm
Hi Joe

Many thanks for editing the composition. I agree wtih you that the ending was abrupt. Thanks for telling me that.

Year 3 students are in their year at school. In my country, Singapore, they are in Primary 3. I don't know what the term American and British use. Is it Grade 3? Please let me know. Many thanks..

All the best.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:01 pm
How old are they?

Cho( Very Happy )Nation
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 08:06 pm
Hi Joe the Great

They are eight years old.
0 Replies