Viral Infection, symptoms.

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:09 am
I was just wondering if anyone could help me figure out why I'm ill...

I've got a Drs appointment on friday, but my boss is insisting that I'm lying about being ill, so I just wondered if these symptoms added up obviously to show what I might have.

Right, I've got a raised temperature, I go from feeling burning hot to shivering. over the past couple of days and a bit now, when I try to sit up or move I get very dizzy which makes me feel nauseous. I woke up this morning with very intense back pains in the right side of my back (not sure if this is even linked, but put it in anyway) and my legs felt terribly weak, like they could barely move and couldn't support me. My muscles keep feeling like they suddenly lose all strength and while standing at the bus stop today I just suddenly felt like I could fall asleep and needed to sit down.

During most of last night I was burning up, but couldn't muster the strength to actually reach over to get some paracetamol, I had a really bad headache (which is unusual for me, as mine usualy come on mildly then disappear within a few minutes) I am a bit sensitive to lights and some sounds (doesn't help that my BF has a hacking cough).. The headache felt almost like a sinus headache, it hurt a little bit when I moved, and if I tip my head down, even just to look at something on the floor it feels like my brain bashes against the front of my skull and I momentarily get blurred vision...

I'm just wondering, due to the dizziness mostly, if this could be the sign of an ear infection.. The back of my throat is very hot, and when I breathe it goes hotter..

I'm just curious if anyone has any ideas or anything I can do, aside from drinking plenty of water (yuck) and taking paracetamol/ibuprofen...

I just feel really ill, and I don't usually get really ill in this sort of way (more often coughs etc) and it's really not helping that my boss is accusing me of lying. I can't ring up and say I'm ill because she makes some snide comment and when I next go into work makes it hell for me. But I just feel so drained that I just want to sleep all day...
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,996 • Replies: 9
No top replies

Region Philbis

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:15 am
honey_rose,

you're sick... and your boss sounds like a major league pr!ck for not believing you.

is there anyway you can move the appointment up?
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:18 am
No Crying or Very sad the only early appointment is on wednesday at 8:50am and then thursday 9:20am, and I can't get there at those times. I've booked an appointment in the afternoon so I can go straight from work, by which time I will probably have killed my boss in a blurry fevered attack..

I was wondering if I should ring now and ask her what I can take to treat my symptoms (she's a Pharmacist) so she'll see I'm actually ill.... and not just when I have to go to work..
0 Replies

parados

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:24 am
By all means, you should go into work. Make sure you hang out close to your boss. I would suggest touching his desk, coffee cup and any other personal items he might use. Make sure you rub your eyes and nose often. Don't wash your hands. Don't cover up if you have to sneeze of cough.

I am sure your boss will in no time be appreciating your commitment to work while s/he lays about pretending to be sick.

Headache, followed by body aches, fever and chills is pretty common for a viral infection. Often your body will fight it off in a day or two. Unless the temperature is highly elevated for a long period of time, what you are doing is probably exactly what a Dr would tell you.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 11:36 am
I just rang my boss, said I was feeling very poorly again and what would she recommend taking. She listened to my symptoms and was very nice to me (which is very creepy for her..) and told me to drink plenty of water, go to bed and take paracetamol. She also asked me a few questions and came to the conclusion I might have a urine infection (a bit worried about my back pain relating to kidneys now, but it does feel more muscular, tight and painful when I turn or stretch too much) I hope she feels guilty now, because I am sick of her accusing me of lying and suggesting I am incompetant at my job.

I moved my appointment to tomorrow at 5pm, someone has apparently just cancelled their appointment, so I was lucky in that case.

I've been feeling like this since friday night/saturday, but the urine infection symptoms have been going on for a couple of weeks now. I'm sick of having these damn urine infections, especially since I have to pay for my prescriptions..... Mad I'm gonna try and encourage my boy to take me to the Drs so maybe he'll pay for me too!

Like your idea Parados, but she's not in again until wednesday. Plus she seems to have some superhuman resiliance to bugs and bacteria, she'll probably just mutate it and pass it on to all of us so she can call us all liars as we melt in our beds...
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 12:26 pm
I think you might be pregnant.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
Chai!

You're frisky today, aren't you?
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 01:42 pm
Probably. Oh well. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 01:45 pm
Did you tell the doctor's office about the back pain/urine infection symptoms as well as about the fever?
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 02:06 pm
Noddy24 wrote:
Chai!

You're frisky today, aren't you?

Moi?
0 Replies