Why 7 days for Creation?

dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 03:01 pm
@spendius,
whenever Pavlov salivated both C.I. and Spendi rang a bell while Freud snorted another line of cocaine.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 03:41 pm
@dyslexia,
Yeah, but I beat spendi ringing the bell...
0 Replies

spendius

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 04:16 pm
Never mind all that bluster and bombast. Are you pure science men up for Freud and Pavlov in biology lessons? That was the question? It's more relevant to adolescents than that Tree of Life nonsense.

I know what to make of that.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 05:28 pm
@spendius,
spendius wrote:

Never mind all that bluster and bombast. Are you pure science men up for Freud and Pavlov in biology lessons? That was the question? It's more relevant to adolescents than that Tree of Life nonsense.

I know what to make of that.
well damn am I sorry, I assumed the question was about B F Skinner, the inventor of RataMorphic psychology, Freud was a biologist?
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 05:35 pm
@dyslexia,
Yeah--I know-that why his stuff should be in biology lessons.

Skinner was trying to avoid certain things of which I will not speak.
Ionus

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 05:47 pm
@spendius,
Quote:
Skinner was trying to avoid certain things of which I will not speak.
If you will not speak of them, that is good enough for me. I will not listen to things of which we do not speak because we have things that are not listened to especially by those of us who follow those of us who do not speak by not listening to that of which was not spoken, and for the good reason that it should not be spoken, and definetly not listened. Listened to. That of which we do not speak, I mean. But can you speak to me the things of which we do not speak ? So I may also not speak of them, but especially not listen of them, lest I doth be spoken of as a listener, but not a speaker of course, of those things of which we do not.
dyslexia

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 05:49 pm
@Ionus,
in a word--titainium
Ionus

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 05:54 pm
@dyslexia,
Ahhhh !! Thank you, sylexadic....now I undertsand. Now I will not listen to that which is not spoken. And of course, I would never speak it...that goes without speaking...
spendius

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 06:02 pm
@Ionus,
Probably a very good idea. We don't want you to be shocked.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 07:57 pm
@cicerone imposter,
Good attitude

One cannot take this board too seriously.

Though there are many seriously good folks beteween the planks.

As for me, my eBay hobby is very busy this time of year.
cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 08:52 pm
@neologist,
neo, Making the big bucks, are you?
tenderfoot

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 09:49 pm
Splendorous
Unfortunately , seems, it maters little to you, that all the religion cumulated over the past six thousand years of your Gods little world, fits into a very small book designed by religious leaders. Whereas man - woman kind in science, have, in a vast period of real time ( say twenty thousand years ) have been investigating science checking it against all the know facts -- then written this down into many many hundred of thousand books. Thus in this case -- there is still no one man that can say he has read them all and so he knows all there is to know about science . But the religious among you --- especially you, have the bloody cheek to say you know all about everything because your miniscule little book of fairy tales tells you so, even though most of you can't even agree on a lot of the crap in it.
You should pray there will come a day that you will be able to get a brain transplant that'll enable you to put yourself back into the real world.

cicerone imposter

Reply Mon 30 Nov, 2009 11:10 pm
@tenderfoot,
tenderfoot, There aren't enough brains for all the transplants needed to put most "humans" on this planet into reality. It's a shame, but factual.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 12:47 am
@cicerone imposter,
eBay is getting rich over me, I'll aver.

For what is left I work a labor of love.

It keeps my hands off the TV remote and makes for household peace

Smile
spendius

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 05:02 am
@tenderfoot,
Same old stuff. Some sort of claim to be the one living in the real world.

The reverse invidious comparison used as an argument as in "get a life". Turn it up. The RIC is infantile.

If we all has imposter's brain you would need a breathing kit.
0 Replies

farmerman

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 05:26 am
@neologist,
Quote:
eBay is getting rich over me, I'll aver.
E Bay is just the agent , what the hell are you buying ? Anything neat?
neologist

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 10:44 am
@farmerman,
Selling. My eBay fees would feed a family of four for a month, maybe more, depending on where they live.

But yeah, lots of neat stuff.
0 Replies

neologist

Reply Tue 1 Dec, 2009 10:49 am
@tenderfoot,
That you aver the Bible was "designed by religious leaders" is a statement you should back up with some facts.

BTW, the "vast period of time" you assign to written history is really only 5000 years or so.
tenderfoot

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:12 pm
@neologist,

That you aver the Bible was "designed by religious leaders" is a statement you should back up with some facts.
-----------------------------------------------------------
Ok- How about mythical intelligent design leaders that should be factual enough for biblical minds
----------------------------------------------------------
BTW, the "vast period of time" you assign to written history is really only 5000 years or so.
---------------------------------------
In your world of 6 thousand years of creation -- a long period of time is correct.
neologist

Reply Fri 4 Dec, 2009 10:16 pm
@tenderfoot,
searching for facts
0 Replies