Why 7 days for Creation?

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 06:35 am
@The Anointed,
holy ****, this thing still alive???

The only animal the Creationists and IDers have lwft is BATS. really dont know well enough how they got on board the life train.
izzythepush

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 07:55 am
The seven days of the week are based on the seven classical planets.

They are even named after them, or the gods associated with them.

There is a difference between the scientific definition of planet and the classical notion. Earth is not a planet, it is the centre of the universe and everything goes round it. Which means the Sun and Moon are also planets and along with the five visible planets make up the seven classical planets.

Monday, Moon
Tuesday, Mars
Wednesday, Mercury
Thursday, Jupiter
Friday, Venus
Saturday, Saturn
Sunday, Sun.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 02:23 pm
@farmerman,
“According to the ancients, we live in an eternal oscillating universe that expands outward and contracts back to its beginning in space time. A universe that exists in the two states of seemingly visible matter and invisible energy.”

“Universe after universe is like an interminable succession of wheels forever coming into view, forever rolling onwards, disappearing and reappearing; forever passing from being too non-being, and again from non-being to being. In short, the constant revolving of the wheel of life in one eternal cycle, according to fixed and immutable laws, is perhaps after all, the sum and substance of the philosophy of Buddhism. And this eternal wheel has so to speak, six spokes representing six forms of existence.” ---- Mon. Williams, Buddhism, pp. 229, 122.

The days and nights of Brahma are called Manvantara, or the cycle of manifestation, ‘The Great Day,’ which is a period of universal activity, that is preceded, and also followed by ‘Pralaya,’ a dark period, which to our finite minds would seem as an eternity, or but a moment in time.

‘Manvantara,’ is a creative day, a period of universal activity of light and life, as seen in the six days of creation in Genesis. ‘Pralaya,’ is the evening that proceeds the next creative day, and is seen as the period of rest for the “GREAT THOUGHT’. The six periods of Creation and the seventh day of rest in which we now exist are referred to in the book of Genesis 2: 4; as the “GENERATIONS OF THE UNIVERSE.”

The English word “Generation,” is translated from the Hebrew “toledoth,” which is used in the Old Testament in every instance as ‘births,’ or ‘descendants,’ such as “These are the generations of Adam,” or “these are the generations of Abraham, and Genesis 2: 4; it is written concerning the six days of creation; “These are the generations of the Universe or the heavens and earth, etc.” And the ‘Great Day’ in which the seven generations of the universe are eternally repeated, is the eternal cosmic period, or the eighth eternal day in which those who attain to perfection, are allowed to enter, where they shall be surrounded by great light and they shall experience eternal peace, while those who do not attain to perfection are cast back into the refining fires of the seven physical cycles of endless rebirths that perpetually revolve within the eighth eternal cosmic cycle.

To the Hindu, Lord Krishnu, the ‘EIGHTH’ manifestation, or rather, the eighth descendant of Vishnu the savior, is the Supreme Personality to have developed within Brahman.

Enoch the righteous, wrote that God created an ‘EIGHTH’ day also, so that it should be the first after his works, and it is a day eternal with neither hours, days, weeks, months or years, for all time is stuck together in one aeon, etc, etc, and all who enter into the generation of the Light beings, are able to visit all those worlds that still exist in Space-Time, but not in our time.

A series of worlds following one upon the other-- each world rising a step higher than the previous world, so that every later world brings to ripeness the seeds that were imbedded in the former, and itself then prepares the seed for the universe that will follow it.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 03:23 pm
@The Anointed,
nice stories, any related facts and evidence?? sounds like your posse substitutes "definitions of possibilitie" rather than offering anything that even approaches facts.

henver I ask the Thumpers for evidence about their belief system regarding the origin of the earth, I instead get some hocky puck about the cyclicity of the universe, (Driving your dark reasoning deeper into the realms of fairy tales.)
The Anointed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 03:41 pm
@farmerman,
This is the condensed account of creation as recorded in Genesis’.....…”In the beginning God created the universe, and the (heavens, and the earth) were formless and void and darkness was upon the face of the deep and God’s active force was moving on the face of the waters. Then God said let there be light.”

Here is the most popular scientific theory of creation........In the beginning, there was the “BIG BANG” which is said to have spatially separated the supposed infinitely dense, infinitely hot, infinitesimally small singularity, (which in my opinion was the White Hole at the end of the Great Abyss into which the previous universe had descended and re-converted to the electromagnetic energy from which it had been created,) this event spewed out a liquid like soup of electromagnetic energy in the trillions of degrees, it was from the quantum of that plasma liquid-like electromagnetic energy that the earth and all the heavenly bodies would be created, and although, all that the earth was created from, was already there in the beginning, the earth at that time had neither constant shape or mass, which meant it was formless and void, and no suns had yet come into existence to light up the darkness of the expanding space.

But there was momentum (God’s active force, which was moving on the face of the waters, or liquid-like plasma) within that ever-cooling cosmic cloud of wave particles, which wave particles are the quantum of that liquid like electromagnetic energy, and are not really particles at all as they have zero mass and no electric charge, yet they carry angular and linear momentum.

One would expect, that those wave particles which are the quantum of the liquid like electromagnetic energy, would have continued to expand further and further away from each other in the expansion of the universal building material.

But with the angular momentum of those waves, they collided with each other in nuclear fusion in the creation of the first basic sub-atomic particles. As the universal temperature dropped to some billions of degrees, the dark energy which was the expansion’s acceleration force, began to form into dark matter, hydrogen and helium, with trace quantities of lithium, beryllium, and boron.

As the universe expanded and cooled, more hydrogen molecules were formed, and from these, after some thirty million years of attraction, came the formation of the first gigantic stars, [Massive atomic reactors] from which the galaxies would later be created.

And God said, “Let there be light.” Which was not the light from the sun of this minor solar system within our Milky Way galaxy, which solar system would not be created for some nine billion years after the creation of those first massive stars that lit up the darkness of the bottomless pit, in which massive nuclear reactors the heavier elements were created.

Bursting into life and light throughout the primitive universe over an unknown period of time, those first generation stars would have been thousands upon thousands of times as massive as our Sun and millions of times as bright, but each one burned for only a few million years before meeting a violent end, when they exploded out in a brilliant flash before collapsing in upon themselves creating the massive centrally condensed systems called ‘Black Holes.’

Was the earth created before our minor sun, as is revealed in the Bible? And did life begin to evolve on earth before our sun burst into life? And could the complexity of life as seen on the earth today, have evolved over the comparatively short period of a mere 4.6 billion years from the day when the earth was created?
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 03:49 pm
@The Anointed,
sorta familiar with it all, dont buy any of it, not a shred of scientific evidence has been raised by the "IG" guys and other Cretionist organization. Theyve tried, theyve denied science,and they stick to their guns (which, to me underpins the lack of any unerstandings of science by you guys).

Science is alwys finding some things wrong with its theories, but nothing criticl. Creationists dont seem to be doing anything xcept poorly arguing against what science has found and (as an example of how screwed up theyve gotten their understandings of radioactive decay) they are using C14 to analyze Creatceous fossils.

Youve got books and books about code words and further deeper tales of patriarchs an "history".

Science is agnostic in its approach and noone has been able to disprove that approach. Im actully amused at how youve taken a departure from the YEC approach and have tried to sneak into much of what science has discovered but are adding a "Chef" to the mix. The OECs do this without ven doing any reaserches of their own.

So you believe that evolution is Theistically driven?

The Anointed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 04:10 pm
@farmerman,
You don't believe too much at all do you mate? and from your spelling that's understandable.

The first law of thermodynamics is the same as the first law of conservation and that is, that energy can neither be created or destroyed. If energy cannot be created, then it always was, and If it can never be destroyed, it always will be.
Therefore, according to this law, energy must be eternal, having neither beginning or end. Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was pure electromagnetic energy, which, in my opinion was spewed out of a ‘WHITE HOLE,’ in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, which has been converted to that which we perceive as matter, only to be re-converted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch.

If you believe that a universe of mindless matter has produced beings with intrinsic ends, [in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself, self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Then you must accept that it is the eternal energy, which has neither beginning or end, that has become this material universe and has developed a mind that is the compilation of all the information gathered by all the diverse life-forms that ‘it,’ [The Eternal Energy] has become, the collective consciousness of all that it is.

Every living thing within this apparent boundless cosmos, are merely information gatherers for the eternal energy which manifests itself as this living universe and is all that exists and is, ’The Great Thought,’ the collective consciousness of all that exists. At any given point in time, you are no more than inches away from a spider, fly, ant, or any other of the many information gatherers of the eternal, who is all that exists.

Jeremiah 23: 23-24; “I am a God who is everywhere and not in one place only. No one can hide where I cannot see him. Do you not know that I am everywhere in heaven and on earth? He has eyes and ears everywhere throughout the universe that is He.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 04:30 pm
@The Anointed,
Ive rally got no argument with "eternal energy" since youre doing the definitions to suit some quasi religio-scientific (albeit evidence free scenario). Weve understood dark nergy hich is merely gravity unaccounted for . So the "something from nothing " arguments are meaningless. as youve said weve got diff names for the same things.
All I ak for i a smige of some kind of evidence to support your belief ystem, youd have aNOBEL and thank of hundreds of thousands of reearchrs orld wide.

Life began on this planet at least tims according to our knowledge of deep time paleo and chemistry. Each time it was wipwd out until it became sustainable by environmental means ?? .

Where dos a god come in and why is one even needed. ?
My spelling is a function of hand trauma (and laziness to use spell check) .I feel if people understand my misspelled missives then Theyre worth talking to.

farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 04:47 pm
@The Anointed,
Quote:
[in Kantian terminology, an end-in-itself, self- replication capabilities, and “coded chemistry”? Then you must accept that it is the eternal energy, which has neither beginning or end,
nice, precious, but scientificallymeaningless. You or I dont know when replication became a necessary item of life. We know the chemicals involved (And it aint RNA, its much simpler) because we have evidence in the sediments of the purine and pyrimidine chains that DO replicate in specific Eh/pH conditions.

Im in a related field almost 45 yers as a chemist and geohemist and I try to keep up . ALthough life and evolution isnt always adaptationlist, Adaptation does play a role, especially in areas of rapid evolution .
Evidence abounds in the fild while Im still hearing the same old sam old from you guys. many, like you, have adpoted the words of scinctific findings and claim that this is what your IDer meant. Youre use of terms Like "coded chemistry" is actually , to me, a position that youve taken because youve run out of many theistic options to argue. Am I close??

Ive seen the entire nonresearched position of Creationism span the time of "Special Creation" used by the Catholic Church till John 3. Then we had prior to that, the complete disallowment of teaching biology and its Darwinian threads, then we had an age of trials and , until the Louisiana Creationism in school law was rendered unConstitutional in 987, at that point the Creationists, by the stroke of a lawyers pen, became INTELLIGENT DESIGN fans. All without a lick of work except dor a few legal documents or articles of Incorporation.

SAME STORY, different day. I understand that life is tough trying to create some kind of scientific base where none exists not.

0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 04:56 pm
@farmerman,
If you cannot see the evidence that I have given to support my belief system, then you must be blind.

If you have no argument with "Eternal Energy" then you must accept that it has neither beginning nor end, and that it has become all that exists and has manifested itself as this visible and boundless cosmos, and that somewhere in this universal body there has developed an intellect, that is "THE MOST HIGH" to have developed within the eternal.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005).

This would appear to compliment Paul’s statement in Romans 1: 18-23; that the eternal, who has neither beginning or end, had made himself manifest as this visible cosmos, and all that can be known about the eternal has been made plain to us in the creation itself, which is the eternal invisible MIND, ‘The GREAT THOUGHT’ made visible as it has evolved today.

God is ONE, the great singularity.
farmerman

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 05:56 pm
@The Anointed,
youve presented no testable connected evidence, youve presented bits and chunks of dissociated factoids and Biblical bits.
Try to follow a path of evidence to develop a clear understanding (or at least a reasonable workplan of how you may compile evidence).
Science is a discipline, evidence is our roadmap .
What you call evidence, to me, is more poetry than paleo or physics,

The Anointed

Reply Sun 11 Jul, 2021 06:16 pm
@farmerman,
I have presented the evidence that you cannot dispute, and that is the fact that the only eternal, is energy, and it has undisputedly evolved into this boundless cosmos. It is all that exists and is in all that exists. It is the same as it was yesterday and will be into the everlasting. It is the only eternal constant in that it has been constantly evolving.

The only mind that can cease to evolve it the mind that has ceased to exist.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 10:19 am
@The Anointed,
Quote:

I have presented the evidence that you cannot dispute
Youve presented NO evidence at all. Youve just posted mixed "scientiistic" platitudes and religious "bumper stickers" Nothing of which youve noted as being tested and repeatable.

The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 07:43 pm
@farmerman,
Are you disputing the fact that this entire universe and everything within, was created from the Eternal energy that has neither beginning or end?

Please answer the question, and stop your rubbishing ramblings, which reveals to all, just how ignorant you are to the most popular scientific theory as to the creation of our universe.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 08:17 pm
@The Anointed,
what the F is the "e
Quote:
ternal Energy" besides some cartoonish name ?

Quote:
Please answer the question, and stop your rubbishing ramblings, which reveals to all, just how ignorant you are to the most popular scientific theory as to the creation of our universe

Youve been avoiding any substantive discussions about same because I KNOW you are clueless regarding "Scientific theory".
You seem to use Genesis as a science book when real scientists (Not those schooled in the realms of "biblical Inerrancy") recognize that Genesis is to scientific theory what Alley Oop is to paleoanthropology.

Im a geochemist, not a cosmologist, I leave the arm waving about the "universe" to them .I certainly wont lose sleep over failing to answer any of your clownish speculations.

Ya wanna trade insults ? Find someone who gives a **** about what you think and trade em with that person. Im interested in the origin of the earth, and its life. I love hearing ideas on new evidence or returns to oler studies from which new facts are dicovered.
You seem to like to post scientistic crap and then , when challenged , go off into another dimension(common debate methods among the Ass kissers of "Drs" Hamm or Demski)
The Anointed

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 08:58 pm
@farmerman,
440 BC - Democritus and Leucippus suggested the idea of the atom, an indivisible particle that all matter is made of. To the ancient Greeks the word atom meant indivisible. It was used to describe the smallest indivisible piece of a matter. Atom was derived from the Greek word atomon or atomos meaning indestructible.

In the days of Paul, it was believed by faith alone, that all visible matter in the universe was built by the gathering together of smaller and invisible particles. Today we know this to be a fact, Matter is but the gathering together of invisible molecules, created by the gathering together of invisible atoms, which themselves are created from the gathering of invisible sub-atomic particles that are formed from Photons or wave particles, which are not particles at all, although generally regarded as discrete stable elementary particles, having zero mass, no electric charge, yet carrying angular and linear momentum. . . . . . . . . From the seemingly nothingness was the world created.

In fact, it has now been revealed that matter is no more than an illusion. Quantum physicists have revealed that so called physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating, each one radiating its own unique energy signature.

Excerpts from the link provided.

https://deghys.wordpress.com/2016/08/02/nothing-is-solid-everything-is-energy-scientists-explain-the-world-of-quantum-physics/

If you observe the composition of an atom with a microscope you would see a small, invisible tornado-like vortex, with a number of infinitely small energy vortices called quarks and photons. These are what make up the structure of the atom. As you focused in closer and closer on the structure of the atom, you would see nothing, you would observe a physical void. The atom has no physical structure, we have no physical structure, physical things really don’t have any physical structure! Atoms are made out of invisible energy, not tangible matter.

Energy can be and is converted to that which we perceive as matter. In fact, this apparent material universe at the time of the Big Bang, was, according to the most popular theory of the creation of this universe, pure electromagnetic energy, which, In my Opinion, was spewed out of a WHITE HOLE, in the trillions upon trillions of degrees, or, according to scientific measurements (180 million trillion, trillion degrees Fahrenheit), which electromagnetic energy has been converted to that which we perceive as matter, only to be-reconverted to its original form as electromagnetic energy during the phase of the Big Crunch, when all will be ripped apart atom by atom, subatomic particle by subatomic particle, as the universal bodies fall as fire into the Great Abyss, or Black Hole that is connected to a White Hole at the end of an Einstein Rosen bridge that connects the two.

Pioneering physicist Sir James Jeans wrote: “The stream of knowledge is heading toward a non-mechanical reality; the universe begins to look more like ‘A GREAT THOUGHT’ than like a great machine. Mind no longer appears to be an accidental intruder into the realm of matter, we ought rather hail it as the creator and governor of the realm of matter. (R. C. Henry, “The Mental Universe”; Nature 436:29, 2005)

This would appear to compliment Paul’s statement in Romans 1: 18-23; that the eternal, who has neither beginning or end, had made himself manifest as this visible cosmos, and all that can be known about the eternal has been made plain to us in the creation itself, which is the eternal invisible MIND, ‘The GREAT THOUGHT’ made visible as it has evolved today.

And that which we call God, through whom all things were created, by whom all things were created and for whom all things were created, the God, who is one, the great singularity in who all things exist, is the same today as it was yesterday and will be into all eternity. It is the eternal constant, in that it has been constantly evolving, and will continue to evolve from everlasting to everlasting. The only mind that can cease to evolve, is the mind that has ceased to exist.

Please do continue to deny that which you know is true, and answer the question that has been put to you, before you reveal to all, just how ignorant you really are to the origins of the universe and all therein.
farmerman

Reply Mon 12 Jul, 2021 09:49 pm
@The Anointed,
Aristotle called it :Indivisible" and we know how correct he was in numbrs of things he spake

Quote:

Please do continue to deny that which you know is true, and answer the question that has been put to you, before you reveal to all, just how ignorant you really are to the origins of the universe and all therein.
I can see that youve chosen a belief system that doesnt allow for investigation .

BTW, Ive never denied my ignorance. Its why I go to work each year and ech field season. Only one aroundnhere with a "Firm handle on truth" aint me.

The neat thing about science is that its sel investigating and healing. Ive been part of two massive upheavels in scientific theories in the last 50 years (I turned 70 this year). First there was the entire new fields in genomics spurredon by Watson, Crick, and Rosyland Franklin)> ALSO, the entire geophysical theories of geosynclinal development and a vertical moving earth and the revolution begun by geners idea based upon how entire continents across seas from ach other, seem to fit snugly along "geosutures". I was working on a terminal advanced degree in applied geology wjen the bulk of the reserch and the mechanisms were discovered regarding what later becam known as "New Global Tectonics" or "Continental Drift"

This seems to uphold a random adaptationalist , gene drift and epigenetic basis for lifes apparance in unconnected corners of the planet.
The entire cycles of life and appearances of species does NOT support intelligence. There mere existence of the huge pockets of genetic variability rather than "design" unerpin Sean carroll's recent book title.

Youre flapping of Google clips from U Arixona 's cosmology classes are kinda disjointed and have slipped the path of discussion of LIFES ORIGINS.

I understand how you guys work , I was part of the source reserach group during a civil case brought by students being forced to accept Intelligent Design as a baseless "theory" in biology. The experts rounded up in favor of ID were all over the map (like you). They trid to deny that their views were religious but with each utterance of scientism and Biblical references oftten in the same sentence, It wsnt difficult for the judge to find against Creationisms new title and REAL SCIENCE. REAL SCIENCE won the day and noone appealed.
Severeal witnesses tried to interject cosmological contents into the case ,I suppose to sound erudite)

Much o the BS work being done by theID organizations and the Creationist Gangs had often relied upon Inerrancy of Genesis and SOLOMONIC MYTHOPIEA. (i said I slip that in as a shout out to Timber). Science just doesnt work like that.

You can try and try and try to draw parallels between some tiny statement in Genesis with the facts of science and research results as to how life began, ANd no matter what you say, youve yet to come up with anything substantive. HEll, you dont even know which way to proceed to even invstigate how your worldview can be studied .
Science can be falsified and investigated, Experiments and models can be repeatedly run and as we slowly surround a series of options as to what happened on our nascent planet, None of it so far , needs a designer .
So twaddle on and try to make your baseless fact-free case wherein Genesis plays a key role. All you got is biblical phrases and no facts.
The Anointed

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 03:07 am
@farmerman,
It was the God of Abraham, Isaac and Jacob, ‘The Son Of Man,’ who revealed to humanity, (as was recorded by Moses,) the story and the order of Creation, from when our world was formless and void, having neither shape or mass, but a seething liquid-like plasma of superhot electromagnetic energy, the quantum of which was photons, which have zero mass and no electric charge, but which carry angular and linear momentum, then the creation of the first light from the gigantic first generation stars, followed by the division of the waters above from the waters below from which our Solar System was formed, then the beginnings of life through evolution by design, on this particular planet.

First were the microscopic plant life, of which some evolved into aquatic creatures, then insects which took to the air, and amphibians, then reptiles and flying creatures, and later on, all wild and domestic critters, etc.

It was ‘The Son of man’ who develops within the body of mankind as mankind developed within the bodies of our animal ancestors. The Son of Man is the Most-High in the creation, who exists in a higher time dimension, and it was from He, that the story of creation was told to our primitive ancestors in its most basic form, knowing that the creation story would evolve with the evolution of the mind of man.

For the Word of God can be likened
To a star that’s being ever brightened
By the mind of man reaching ever higher,
But those who deviate, they’re liars
In God’s word, man’s mind can grow
But those outside, they’re like the snow
That settles on the desert sand
And will melt away before ‘I AM.’

But you must continue to believe as you choose to believe, while I believe, that which lies in our past and in our distant future as revealed in the Holy Scriptures.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 05:22 am
@The Anointed,
well, theres no reaaon or you to tudy biochemistry or evolution, your mind is snapped shut.
farmerman

Reply Tue 13 Jul, 2021 08:54 am
@farmerman,
BTW, I hadda go back into some of "Emmy's Theoroems on invariants" and de maitre to see whether physics is silent on your "eternal Energy" assertions. It apparently chooses to discuss invariants AFTER the Big Bang. Science pleads ignorance . It appears that only you assert thta Conservation laws pertain to all systems (open or closed). Its not my field so Ill only guess that youre just trying to be scientistic as opposed to evidence based.
0 Replies