Why 7 days for Creation?

farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 06:39 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
I do seem to remember being taught in history classes that technology was lost and societies seemed to go backwards during the Dark Ages though
In Catholic school e were taught about how, during the European "Dark Ages", civilizations in Asia and Africa Flourished.

You think in cultural identities, you should really consider the entire species.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 08:33 am
@farmerman,
It sounds like civilizations ebb and flow with thier decisions and their environments.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 09:27 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Maybe I am better than my ancestors, even if they were made to live forever. Devolution might be a poor choice of words.

It's just a theory, but I think the maker knew the odds of what would happen and probably wanted it to go down the way it did.

It's just that the wind is getting stronger all the time and the difference between wheat and chaff is more apparent. Or the sword is sharper than ever, whatever metaphor works for you.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 09:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Tomorrow we will be one day closer to eternity.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 09:30 am
@Leadfoot,
Tomorrow we will be one day closer to eternity.
Leadfoot

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 09:53 am
@brianjakub,
I can hardly wait.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 05:52 pm
You can't even speak of the "fall" of the Roman Empire, because the event referred to was not a discrete event, but rather a slide in imperial authority over a period of more than a century, and it only affected the western portion of the empire. Alaric sacked Rome in 410 CE, and Constantinople fell to the Osmali Turks in 1453--more than a thousand years later. The so-called Dark Ages refer to a period absent imperial administration in the west, and absent church control. It is highly debatable that people were worse off without the depravity of corruption that held sway in the west from the early fourth century going forward, and it is certainly debatable that the church did anything for society--basically, they just stepped in and took another third of what the peasants produced.

The most significant event was the end of the Medieval warm period, beginning in the 11th century, and very noticeable after 1200 CE. That lead to an almost explosive growth in technology and industry, as better woolen cloth was produced, window glazing became common, architects began to design buildings with chimneys, metallurgy improved rapidly and commerce expanded dramatically in response to the new technological and commercial reality. But climate and commerce don't stroke the egos of holy rollers, warmongers and politicians, so the history which has been taught has been distorted, and still is today. Attila the Hun, Genghis Kahn? They were pikers compared to the plagues in the 14th century, which killed millions--a third of the population of Europe and Dog knows how many in Asia.
brianjakub

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 06:40 pm
@Setanta,
That was an excellent post. Thank you for the summary.
0 Replies

squadus

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 02:15 pm
@Chai,
7 is a holy number and implies completeness. 7 days is a sign of things to come and should be looked at accordingly.

https://www.numerologynamecalculator.com/
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2019 03:30 pm
@squadus,
No number is "holy" or "complete." Beyond any number, there's a thing called "infinity." It's a tool used by humans to communicate certain concepts. The Indians have been using “Arabic” numbers them since about 500 BC. Once zero was invented it transformed counting, and mathematics, in a way that would change the world.
A brief history of numbers and counting, Part 2: Indian invention of ...
https://www.deseretnews.com/.../A-brief-history-of-numbers-and-counting-Part-2-Indian...
brianjakub

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 07:26 am
@cicerone imposter,
You have offered up thousands of opinions as if they are fact by presenting a link that doesn't even support your argument. Or was it hundreds. I does it matter ? Do you know what I mean when I say hundreds or thousands?
mark noble

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 08:33 am
@rosborne979,
No
It's better perceived as 7 'Stages' - Wherefor one event preceded or superceded another.

'Days' has no significance outside of subjective interpretation.

'Days' is NOT a perfect translation from hebrewic texts.

The 'Flood' ambiguity is a prime example:

'It flooded the whole world and killed all living things therein/on' (loose example).

'World' here - May be 'World', Country, Land, Continent, etc - It is Already 'Lost in translation'. - Latterday translators decided 'World' fitted the bill... Amen.

Best Not take ANY Literal translation for granted.
namaste
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 09:04 am
Well **** me, for once I agree w/ Mr. Noble.
cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 09:41 am
@brianjakub,
Quote:
You have offered up thousands of opinions as if they are fact by presenting a link that doesn't even support your argument.
Your opinion about my posts lack any source to it up. If you question what I post, provide the evidence from any credible source, that it's wrong. Until then, they are fact.
brianjakub

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 11:57 am
@cicerone imposter,
I have used your own sources to prove you wrong and you never comment on them. Posting a source without explaining your reason means :
1. You are lazy and have not taken the time understand how the source backs up what you are implying.

or

2. You are incapable of discussing how the source pertain to the subject.

I have provided a lot of sources with explanations and commented on your sources. You usually provide a source without explanation. Am I going to have to go back and provide evidence by quoting past threads from both of us.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 12:18 pm
@brianjakub,
I have concluded that the answer is in all probability- Both.
0 Replies

cicerone imposter

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 12:27 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
I have used your own sources to prove you wrong and you never comment on them.
. Show me one example?
0 Replies

roger

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 02:22 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Well **** me, for once I agree w/ Mr. Noble.

For me, the next time will be the first time.
Leadfoot

Reply Sun 14 Jul, 2019 07:50 pm
@roger,
OK, but be careful with those literal translations.
0 Replies

The Anointed

Reply Sat 10 Jul, 2021 08:23 pm
@vikorr,
Each creative day is a period of universal activity, and the 6 days of creation are the six generations of the universe, See Genesis 2:4; that preceded this period of universal activity, as it is today.

On day 7, Jah-el (Lord to the glory of El the creator) formed Adam from the dust of the earth and planted a garden for him, the seeds coming from the 6th generational body, that were still in the earth awaiting sunlight and moisture to germinate.