Why 7 days for Creation?

brianjakub

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2018 01:33 pm
@farmerman,
I did not frame this question that way. It was a very specific question about the largest pieces that were the hardest to place in the pyramids. I was just curious what the explanation was for how they placed them. I could not find an answer. I found answers on how the smaller stones were placed and they were well thought out answers and really quite logical. If you don't know the answer why don't you just say self? If you do know the answer why don't you tell me what it is? Why does my worldview have anything to do with your answer to the question?
Setanta

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2018 04:52 pm
@brianjakub,
Before anybody answers any more of your tendentious, loaded questions, you should back up some of the BS you've been posting here. For example, you say that the building of temples is evidence of high technological development. What is your evidence for that? You say that those temples were built in order to do astronomy. What is your evidence for that? You say that that astronomy (which was naked-eye observation) is evidence of advanced technology. Oh yeah, what makes you say that? You have said that there is evidence that humans went through "devolution" at some point in the recent past. Can you point us to that evidence? (Oh my Dog . . . you can't make up **** this funny!)

But that's unfair of me, because I think I already know the source of your claims . . .

I seen it! I seen it on the tee-vees!

It must be true!
brianjakub

Reply Mon 15 Jan, 2018 07:09 pm
@Setanta,
You are right the only evidence I have is speculative at best. Most of it from mythology and ancient religious traditions and folklore. I don't know why they all tell such similar stories. Maybe coincidence.

I have a very specific question. How about explaining how the 50 ton rocks were placed in the ceiling of the grand gallery of the great pyramid. I was just curious what the explanation was for how they placed them. I could not find an answer. I found answers on how the smaller stones were placed and they were well thought out answers and really quite logical.
Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 03:20 am
@brianjakub,
What evidence do you have that they tell similar stories?

I'm not here to answer silly, loaded questions. I will, this one time, show you what I mean, but this sort of thing is something you have to learn yourself, and it is called skepticism. The classic loaded, or begged question is "Have you stopped eating your wife?" If you say yes, it implies that you once beat your wife, and have now stopped. Of course, if you answer no, you are confessing to beating your wife. When someone says there's a 50 ton stone in the ceiling of the gallery, they are loading the question, and begging it at the same time. It was not the ceiling at the time of construction, it was just the uppermost layer of a corbel construction. So stop playing that game, or learn to recognize it when someone plays it on you.

Question begging and loaded questions were a favorite technique of von Daniken in that Chariots of the Gods bullshit, and every scam artist in that racket since then has copied the technique. As I have already pointed out, von Daniken was a convicted swindler at the time of publication. If you don't understand that, then I pity you,. because you'll always be a prey to that sort of dog and pony show. I will not be clearing up your confusion for you in the future.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:25 am
@Setanta,
For jake . Set is chiding you so you dont sound dumb . Rather, you should learn to use the library's resources by yourself rather than continuously asking dumass questions.
Egyptians were pretty proud of their construction methods, they had carvings and drawings all over showing examples of huge drag lines and sledges used to drag huge rocks (over 200 T) on ramps .(See some of the drawings of the construction of pyramids and accretion "theory)

A hunk of flat quarried limestone has a sp gravity that would yield a ground pressure of about(for an 80 m^^ ground surface) 925 kg/cm^^(I kept it at deciml numbers). SO overcoming that frictional force would need a running force of a bit more than half of that (Ill say about 500 kg/cm^^)(MAX can run these to see if Im close). Really, that does NOT require aliens , just good pathways qnd lotsa people.
The drawing at GHOZER shows a huge sledge with maybe 1000 guys on lines and dudes dumping water along the sledges pathway to reduce even more of the friction. (Apparently sledges worked better than wheels for huge block) It stands to reason, wheels have a much smaller contact surface so spot pressures would be incredible to resolve at such small areas.the question. They had oxen and workers so Even if Im off by 100%, the forces needed to overcome friction arent out of the realm of possibility by using our own planetary resources.
Now Im assuming that your 50 T rock was correct because Ive seen blocks of dolerite and granites that were moved by Egyptians, all with weights of 200 METRIC TONS at a 2.8 Sp gravity (a bit heavier and dense than Limestones)

Im more amazed at how thy built these things WITHOUT construction drawings.(A human invention we take for granted, but we generally credit Leonardo duh Vinci for inventing several thousand years AFTER the 5th dynasty)

0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:34 am
@brianjakub,
The people in Europe and the Middle East have been in close contact with each other for thousands of years, consequently their myths are similar. Look at cultures who were not in contact with those myths and their creation myths are wildly dissimilar to rhem, like the Maya and Mesoamerican myths, or Chinese myths. It's pretty hard to reconcile a myth that says the world is here because Raven flew over an amorphous nothing and the material that dropped from His beak created our land with the Genesis myth. You can't. Do some research, Brian, before you make silly generalizations about universal similarities.
0 Replies

Leadfoot

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 12:09 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
"Have you stopped eating your wife?"

Best typo of 2018 so far!!
brianjakub

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 05:22 pm
@Setanta,
Quote:
It was not the ceiling at the time of construction, it was just the uppermost layer of a corbel construction. So stop playing that game, or learn to recognize it when someone plays it on you.
I don't understand how this answers the question of how the fifty to stones were placed so precisely.

I haven't read anything explaining it. I was just curious.

Thank you farmer for a concise answer. Do you think they filled the chamber with dirt, located the stones at the correct pitch and then escavated it?
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 06:23 pm
@brianjakub,
Quote:
Do you think they filled the chamber with dirt, located the stones at the correct pitch and then escavated it?
could be, BTW, did you know that the sizes of the blocks only increased to the 200Metric T size by abandoning the "Accretion Theory " of construction as seen in the "step" and "Bent"pyramids, which were piles of mastabas with concentric "shells" of carved stone. When that technique failed in the late IV dynasty, planar layers were found to be much more stable because their "WEIGHT" alone assured that they packed tightly together. SO the"ramp" systems were used to deliver stones as onto a plate.

If you want to be blown away by ancient (or medieval) technology, look at Angkor Wat, a huge city /temple complex surrounded by man made watercourses used to maintain stability in highly porous soils and keeping the water within the laterite -clays kept the clay plate structures expanded and stable. (If they dried and dessicated- Angkor Wat coulda just collapsed).

I think youre jut trying to find something to maintain your incredulity at human technical capabilities.
It aint working.

brianjakub

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 07:51 pm
@farmerman,
I think its nearly incredible they built the Brooklyn bridge and the Panama Canal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 07:54 pm
@brianjakub,
So, you're the one who's playing games here. Bye, don't waste your time talking to me again.
brianjakub

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 08:03 pm
@Setanta,
I don’t think the Egyptians could have built the Panama Canal though. I am learning more about them everyday though.
farmerman

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 08:13 pm
@brianjakub,
on one page youre saying humans "devolved" now where ya going??
brianjakub

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 08:31 pm
@farmerman,
If humans devolved the physical evidence is very slim and questionable. Most of the evidence is in stories biblical, mythological, folklore, etc. . . But if man was created in the image of God to live forever as Jesus said, then I sure hope God’s image looks better than any human I know today. So, if Jesus truly existed and is not a liar, devolution from the perfection of my ancestors to this mortal body I observe today seems to be the pattern he initiated.

I believe the initial plan is still in place there is just a process that the whole universe and each of us as individuals are going through because, “love isn’t real unless it is sacrificial and chosen freely”. Unfortunately freedom requires room for error, and error eventually leads to death.

Fortunately sacrificial love of perfection on the cross is the solution to the death introduced by God allowing us the freedom to experience true love.
rosborne979

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 08:32 pm
@Leadfoot,
Leadfoot wrote:

Quote:
"Have you stopped eating your wife?"

Best typo of 2018 so far!!

Yup, I saw that too. It was great! Smile
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 08:49 pm
Rats . . . and I won't be able to take credit it for it, either . . .
0 Replies

MontereyJack

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 10:21 pm
@brianjakub,
bvrian, that's a nice idea, but there is absolutely no evidence for it except an unverifiable story written by ver yfallible humans in an old book which shows very little knowledge of how the world works. In other words, it's essentially a fairy story. The physical evidence in the ground does not show any devolution, rather it shows constant change, which is EVolution.
MontereyJack

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 10:22 pm
@brianjakub,
apart from the fact that the Egyptians didn't even know the land that would become Panama existed, you're probably right. Wouldn't have done them much good if they tried.
0 Replies

brianjakub

Reply Tue 16 Jan, 2018 11:16 pm
@MontereyJack,
I think farmer gave an example or two of organisms devolving to something simpler. Who am I to judge though. Maybe I am better than my ancestors, even if they were made to live forever. Devolution might be a poor choice of words.

I do seem to remember being taught in history classes that technology was lost and societies seemed to go backwards during the Dark Ages though.
farmerman

Reply Wed 17 Jan, 2018 06:36 am
@brianjakub,
Humans have this thing called "Language" which often gets in the way of actual understanding.

Using "devolution" weve already made up our minds . I probably mentioned "Devolution" of organisms (mostly aquatic animals like deep water fish or annelids) to a simpler form (A free living male becomes a parasite that attaches to the female and becomes a sperm donator that lives on her body ). If I used "devolution" I probably said that so Id be better understood herein.
Devolution is a judgement call, not a scientific one.
0 Replies