What in the name of god happened to the hostess cupcake?

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:24 pm
I never heard of Perkins, or had a Hostess cupcake, and it seems like I
didn't miss out.
0 Replies

2PacksAday

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:31 pm
I've never heard of a "Nickerson Farms" either.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:42 pm
CalamityJane wrote:
I never heard of Perkins, or had a Hostess cupcake, and it seems like I
didn't miss out.

You must be from out of town.
0 Replies

CalamityJane

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:44 pm
No, I just checked - California doesn't have any Perkins, and
2pack: Nickerson Farms went out of business a long time ago. It was
a Michigan outfit, something gustav would know.
0 Replies

dant

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 11:49 pm
Gustav would (maybe) like Tim Horton's here in Canada. Good food, good cupcakes and the donuts are melt in your mouth quality.

Prices are good too.

What say you, Chumly?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:09 am
Chumly wrote:
I'm spoiled, Vancouver has tons of good to high-quality interesting restaurants that are quite fairly priced.

It's one of the very few "benefits" of the insanely massive immigration of the last 30 years.

Can't comment on cupcakes, except to say they are a popular euphemism for perky breasts. Now if gusta is saying that perky breasts are like eating an old sock, that is a sad state of affairs for him indeed.

Can you send a few of those restaurants over this way Chumly? The restaurants here suck the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:11 am
Gus, I missed hostess so much when I moved here and you're telling me they ruined it???

That's just evil! Pure evil!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:12 am
Sorry Dant, but Dunkin Donuts puts Tim Horton's to shame!

I miss my dunkin donuts Crying or Very sad
0 Replies

OCCOM BILL

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:30 am
Montana wrote:
Chumly wrote:
I'm spoiled, Vancouver has tons of good to high-quality interesting restaurants that are quite fairly priced.

It's one of the very few "benefits" of the insanely massive immigration of the last 30 years.

Can't comment on cupcakes, except to say they are a popular euphemism for perky breasts. Now if gusta is saying that perky breasts are like eating an old sock, that is a sad state of affairs for him indeed.

Can you send a few of those restaurants over this way Chumly? The restaurants here suck the bag!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Is that a good thing, or a bad thing?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:33 am
It's very bad Bill! Very very bad!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:35 am
Ohhhhhh, how I miss the Chateau in Waltham and the wonderful chinese restaurants.

<sniff>
0 Replies

dant

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:39 am
Montana wrote:
Sorry Dant, but Dunkin Donuts puts Tim Horton's to shame!

I miss my dunkin donuts Crying or Very sad

Yeah? What makes dunkin so good? I think Horton's donuts have lard in them....why else do they melt in your mouth? Laughing

I could eat a Horton's sourcream donut right now.......lard or no....
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:47 am
I'm not sure, but I've eaten enough Dunkin Donuts and Tim Horton's donuts and dunkin donuts wins. I'm very sorry to have to tell you that and the fact the the coffee at dunkins is 100 times better as well.

If I drink Tims coffee, I'll need to see my doc for nerve pills Laughing
0 Replies

dant

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 12:58 am
Dang. Now I'll have to go through Donut Withdrawals.

No Dunkin in this part of BC.

You're right about the TH coffee. Sometimes it's so thick you can cut it with a knife. Other times it's like parakeet piss.

Don't ask...... Smile
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:09 am
Laughing

Yeah, it's freakin jet fuel Shocked

And I'm sorry to have made you crave donuts, but if it makes you feel any better, I'm right there with ya!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:12 am
Is there actually Dunkin in Canada? I grew up in the states, which is where I got my addiction.
0 Replies

dant

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:22 am
Not where I live. Which is out in the bush.

Maybe there's a Dunkin in the Big City of Vancouver but I haven't seen one. There's a lot of US franchises sprouting in BC, though, so maybe we'll get lucky.

(Personally I hope not....I'd like to see less US chain stores in Canada.....) Cool
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:29 am
Yeah, I hear ya, but if they insist on bringing just one over this way, I hope it's planted somewhere in my area Laughing

Tim's is too big here and it seems that many people like the jet fuel, so Dunkins would probably be like drinking water for them. They'd never last!
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 02:04 am
Montana wrote:
Chumly wrote:

They only come in round lots of 10,000 restaurants / 50,000 immigrants at a time, with all the attendant pollution, overcrowding, environmental degradation, traffic jams, noise, etc that go with it.

Hey cupcake, are you sure that cheap tasty restaurant food is worth the ruination of your peaceful rural lifestyle?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 02:39 am
Well, I can't understand why I can't have both. Is it a rule that we can only get crap food in rural restaurants?

Hell, it's bad enough where I'd welcome a McDonnalds within a 15 minute driving range.

We have a Pizza Delight and I've been here for almost 8 years waiting for the delight.
0 Replies