hanno
 
Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 08:09 pm
Come one, what more do you want? He could solve the interrogation issue based on personal experience. He's a hard grizzled war hero.

I'd love a Libertarian, although Ron Paul isn't selling it as well as he could, but as far as what may or might get elected? McCain!!! What more could you ask for? He's got experience, background, vision. He's sincere, don't need or want the money. This is our man. Screw Kennedy and Reagan, this is the next Teddy God-Damned Roosevelt or Andrew Jackson - a high-handed advocate of the American way of life.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 10,748 • Replies: 162
No top replies

 
Captain Irrelevant
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:44 am
Oh McCain, you've done it again.
0 Replies
 
ebrown p
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 09:29 am
Mentioning Ron Paul (a wacko extremist) with John McCain (a tough speaking centrist) is not only odd.

You don't do McCain any favors here.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 09:31 am
Sure lets elect McCain. I want to be at war in the Middle
East until my children and grandchildren don't go to school because every dime has been spent blowing up and then rebuilding other people's countries.

Great idea.
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:12 pm
ebrown_p wrote:
Mentioning Ron Paul (a wacko extremist) with John McCain (a tough speaking centrist) is not only odd.

You don't do McCain any favors here.


Define extremist - I mean, the left wants socialism in America, the right wants theocracy. Most Libertarians got some weird ideas - nature of the beast, they're not on as many payrolls so they just do their thing, but unlike the Dems and Republicans it ain't all about regulating the activities of this or that group of our fellow Americans, like gun owners, the rich, the poor, druggies, taxpayers, or gays. This is something I see in McCain as well despite his affiliation.

But all of that is irrelevant. I've already written off the timid sheep as cross-party voters. McCain is not for the faint of heart - he's action packed. If someone's gonna get scared off by a partial comparison to a free-thinking statesman, we've got nothing to lose, McCain's too hairy for them to begin with. I don't think the time is upon us when greatness among other nations becomes too much of a burden to bear, but that's just me...
0 Replies
 
Ticomaya
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:19 pm
McCain is the best candidate in the field right now.
0 Replies
 
edgarblythe
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 02:22 pm
I do not like green eggs and McCain
I would not like it with Pinky and the Brain
I do not like endless war fought in vain
I do not care for Republicans such as John McCain
Not in '08 not in '12
Let's put the guy on the shelf
0 Replies
 
CalamityJane
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:01 pm
McCain is too old, way too old to run a country of this magnitude.
Of course the other candidates are no picnic either. It's a question of
who is the lessor evil.
0 Replies
 
Butrflynet
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:28 pm
It all depends on who he picks as his VP in case he kicks the bucket while in office.
0 Replies
 
snood
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:33 pm
Ticomaya wrote:
McCain is the best candidate in the field right now.




Great. let's keep him in the field and out of politics.
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:49 pm
Too old? His mind is razor sharp and he's got experience. I'm not really worried about it in his case, 35 years ago he was a fightin' man, but so what if someone did croak in the office or have to leave for medical reasons? Beats putting a non-professional in there. I mean, has it happened yet? FDR managed to keep himself together. Reagan took a bullet. If it's just business as usual, no big deal, and if there is a war or other crisis I'd rather McCain on his deathbed than any of those other jokers.
0 Replies
 
nappyheadedhohoho
 
  1  
Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:55 pm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPadP7eAO9Y

:wink:
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 09:59 pm
So, the rock and roll ass kicker candidate has got 3 out of seven polls on Obama, up from 1 last week.

realclearpolitics

A poll one way or the other isn't meaningful in itself - but I like the trend...

What more do you want? I'm no Republican, but he's the man! He's badder than any of the Libertarians. If someone that action-packed says no grass I'll make do with booze!
0 Replies
 
real life
 
  1  
Reply Tue 4 Mar, 2008 10:25 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sure lets elect McCain. I want to be at war in the Middle
East until my children and grandchildren don't go to school because every dime has been spent blowing up and then rebuilding other people's countries.

Great idea.


If you'd prefer we were at war here instead, vote Democratic.

The weak kneed responses by Bill Clinton to the terrorist attacks on the WTC in 93, our embassies in Africa , the Khobar Towers, and the USS Cole had the effect of emboldening our enemies till 9-11 was the next step.

GWB made the choice to clean out the rat's nest that is the Middle East and went after terrorist sanctuaries in Iraq. (Don't even bother to deny that Saddam harbored terrorists. Don't deny he funded them either. I don't have time for your naivete.)

Bush has devastated the operational capabilities and leadership of Al-Qaeda and put terrorists in the bad position of fighting/killing other Muslims for control of small pieces of territory in Iraq.

As a result, the extremists get less and less support from nonradical Muslims , who are the overwhelming majority of Muslims worldwide.

Would you rather that terrorists had the time , money and energy to turn their sights to our shores again?
0 Replies
 
Roxxxanne
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 06:41 am
Ticomaya wrote:
McCain is the best candidate in the field right now.


For those who want a third term for Bush, go for it. You will get at least 30% in the general.

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/R/e/1/mccain_bush_hug.jpg
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 11:43 am
McCain's biggest problem right now is that he's on the Republican ticket. Republican party, your name is mud.
0 Replies
 
McGentrix
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:02 pm
FreeDuck wrote:
McCain's biggest problem right now is that he's on the Republican ticket. Republican party, your name is mud.

Pft.

Hater.
0 Replies
 
FreeDuck
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 12:29 pm
Any party that does what the Republicans did to this country deserves a little hate. Or at least, an 8 year timeout so they can think about what they've done wrong.
0 Replies
 
Bi-Polar Bear
 
  1  
Reply Wed 5 Mar, 2008 04:49 pm
real life wrote:
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
Sure lets elect McCain. I want to be at war in the Middle
East until my children and grandchildren don't go to school because every dime has been spent blowing up and then rebuilding other people's countries.

Great idea.


If you'd prefer we were at war here instead, vote Democratic.

The weak kneed responses by Bill Clinton to the terrorist attacks on the WTC in 93, our embassies in Africa , the Khobar Towers, and the USS Cole had the effect of emboldening our enemies till 9-11 was the next step.

GWB made the choice to clean out the rat's nest that is the Middle East and went after terrorist sanctuaries in Iraq. (Don't even bother to deny that Saddam harbored terrorists. Don't deny he funded them either. I don't have time for your naivete.)

Bush has devastated the operational capabilities and leadership of Al-Qaeda and put terrorists in the bad position of fighting/killing other Muslims for control of small pieces of territory in Iraq.

As a result, the extremists get less and less support from nonradical Muslims , who are the overwhelming majority of Muslims worldwide.

Would you rather that terrorists had the time , money and energy to turn their sights to our shores again?


and i don't have time for your bullshit. Prove that terrorists would be on this soil if gore had been elected or STFU
0 Replies
 
hanno
 
  1  
Reply Fri 7 Mar, 2008 08:54 pm
There's nothing to prove, they're here and more could be here if they wanted to, they just ain't doing too much except getting apprehended now and then. You got to know they had access to the joint in the Clinton administration something like 9/11 takes more'n 13 months to work out.

As for telling someone to 'STFU' in a forum - were you an only child? Parents, father at least over 35 perhaps?
0 Replies
 
 

Related Topics

Obama '08? - Discussion by sozobe
Let's get rid of the Electoral College - Discussion by Robert Gentel
McCain's VP: - Discussion by Cycloptichorn
Food Stamp Turkeys - Discussion by H2O MAN
The 2008 Democrat Convention - Discussion by Lash
McCain is blowing his election chances. - Discussion by McGentrix
Snowdon is a dummy - Discussion by cicerone imposter
GAFFNEY: Whose side is Obama on? - Discussion by gungasnake
 
  1. Forums
  2. » McCain!
Copyright © 2022 MadLab, LLC :: Terms of Service :: Privacy Policy :: Page generated in 0.03 seconds on 01/27/2022 at 05:53:24