IDIS please

safinaz

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 01:45 pm
Hi all,
I have this sentense in a document:

In response to a question from LHS referring to the New York times stories about the files on 10,000 Americans, Colby indecates that the CIA's 9,900 names is not the same as the IDIS master subject index described in the December 30, 1974 memorandum.

does anybody know about the IDIS please ???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 590 • Replies: 8
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:24 pm
When you Google the phrase "IDIS master subject " you get:
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:26 pm
... yes?

What do you get, RM?
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:28 pm
I get my post and my sentense.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:29 pm
safinaz wrote:
I get my post and my sentense.

I was able to find this page, but I don't think it helps answer your question.

http://katskornerofthecommonills.blogspot.com/2007/06/ford-and-cia-discuss-jane-fonda.html
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:34 pm
I accidentally posted too soon and never got to finish my response as responders flooded in.

When you Google the phrase "IDIS master subject " I got this direction from what I saw:

Interdisciplinary subject (college curriculum for Educators ... perhaps for international teachers) ..and a master index perhaps for courses.

But...

upon re-reading the direction it could be heading (with reference to CIA) is somethnig about Identification and the intelligence community.
0 Replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:43 pm
Ragman wrote:
I accidentally posted too soon and never got to finish my response as responders flooded in.

When you Google the phrase "IDIS master subject " I got this from what I saw:

Interdisciplinary subject (college curriculum for Educators ... perhaps for international teachers) ..and a master index perhaps for courses.

Gotcha. But I don't think that's the answer, based on the context of the sentence, which relates in some way to a database containing names of people gleaned from an investigation of domestic activities of various peace organizations back in the 1970s.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 02:45 pm
Once again, I was in edit mode and couldn't re-edit as there was already response.

"But...

upon re-reading the direction it could be heading (with reference to CIA) is something about Identification and the intelligence community and contacts of dissidents.

Excerpt from Ticomya's link:

"Apparently, under this program, the CIA alerted people abroad to try to identify the foreign contacts of American dissidents. According to Colby, many requests in this area were originated by""
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Sat 26 Jan, 2008 04:41 pm
Some sort of international data base.
0 Replies