Anyone Have Experience With a Life Coach?

squinney

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 03:06 pm
I don't know about "gentle." He just sent me 14 pages of paperwork to be completed by Friday along with th first chapter of "Taming Your Gremlin."

It's only Wednesday. I have time, right? Very Happy
0 Replies

redpickle

Reply Wed 30 Jan, 2008 11:14 pm
An aquaintance of mine decided his calling was to be a Life Coach.

I can't seriously consider any Life Coach after that.

Just 'cause there was a barrier inside him that prevented him from seeing and feeling deeper. I couldn't believe it at first, and kept scratching at his shallow glass bottom (ceiling?), trying to break it, then gave up. Some people have just so much capacity. He was happy in those shallow waters though, and decided he can teach others Life. I believe he now has a Life Coach business, and dazzles people.

So yes, depends vastly on the personality, which is hard to discern right away.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 08:56 am
Redpickle--

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Perhaps your friend has lucked into his level of competence?

I used to be a fair archery coach. I can't hit the broadside of a barn, but I can analyze and correct stance and aim in other people.

Squinney--

Is Temporal Organization one of your few-but-consequential flaws?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 09:01 am
Noddy24 wrote:
Redpickle--

Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach.

Perhaps your friend has lucked into his level of competence?

I used to be a fair archery coach. I can't hit the broadside of a barn, but I can analyze and correct stance and aim in other people.

Squinney--

Is Temporal Organization one of your few-but-consequential flaws?

I guess I have never looked at the expression "Those who can do. Those who can't teach." in such a perspective before. I've always dismissed it as being haughty, but Noddy has shown me the true meaning of the phrase. (the archery analogy)

Good stuff, Noddy. How could I have been so blind for so long?
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:39 am
Perhaps, it was the arrow in your own eye? Smile
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 10:57 am
Temporal organization... Yes. I have ideas, things I want to do, things I really should do but there are either too many ideas or too many other things going on for me to actually get any of it done as well as it should be done. Some things never get done and others get the "eh, well at least it's done."

Some I'm competent to do but lack the confidence. Some I'm confident I could do but lack the motivation. Some I think I probably could do but for the little voice laughing it's head off.

I can spend all day thinking about what I want to do with my one day off for the week and never accomplish any of it. Nope, not even the one load of reds that's been waiting all week.

And, while I have lot's of things that appeal to me, that would be fun, creative, etc, I can't figure out what would actually be most satisfying for me at the end of the day, ...so I go to bed.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 31 Jan, 2008 01:11 pm
Squinney--

Temporal management. Dreary dull, but worth mastery.

Gus--

Quote:
How could I have been so blind for so long?

Talent. Sheer bullheaded talent.
0 Replies

squinney

Reply Tue 12 Feb, 2008 10:54 pm
I've had two sessions so far. The first resulted in a major recognition of a "block" and an association I had never made before that surprised me. I'm usually fairly introspective but this had never occured to me. Quite eye opening to be able to see it. It will prove helpful in dealing with the challenges of my current position and hopefully get me going on a couple of other projects.

It's not therapy. It's more guiding towards identification of what's important, goal setting and learning to pinpoint what is keeping me from achieving goals or what I've labeled as important to me.

He also serves as a support system and cheerleader of sorts, clarifying and encouraging steps to be taken and applauding success. I don't need nagging, but if I was of a personality that needed to be nagged, he would have done that too.

So far, a very positive and motivating experience. It may not be for everyone, but I've needed a positive motivating voice for some time now, so it's working for me.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 13 Feb, 2008 01:04 pm
Squinney--

Thanks for the update.
0 Replies