A Movie Scene Quiz

eoe

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 04:51 pm
@firefly,
No, not "...Goodbar".
Raggedyaggie

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2008 07:58 pm
@eoe,
eoe: Plot lines or actual scenes: either is OK by me.
Smile
Recap:
eoe:
Late 70's
She walked home from the bus stop alone in the dark and realized that she was being followed. Finally she spun around and turning the tables on her potential attacker, she took the wind out of his sails by screaming at him and demanding to know what he was up to.

Not Looking for Mr. Goodbar
eoe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 08:43 am
@Raggedyaggie,
Raggedy, don't change the rules in the middle of the game. I thought we were describing scenes. That's what makes it fun, IMO. If it's just plot lines, that's too easy.
Raggedyaggie

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 10:56 am
@eoe,
The game:

Guess the movie from the scene/description. The first person to guess the movie correctly will then ask the next question, or, if they wish, may pass. We will then start the next round with the first person who posts a scene.

Dictionary.com
15 results for: scene
"noun 1. the place where some action or event occurs: He returned to the scene of the murder.
2. any view or picture.
3. an incident or situation in real life.
4. an embarrassing outbreak or display of anger, strong feeling, or bad manners: Please don't make a scene in such a public place.
5. a division of a play or of an act of a play, usually representing what passes between certain of the actors in one place.
6. a unit of action or a segment of a story in a play, motion picture, or television show.
7. the place in which the action of a play or part of a play is supposed to occur.
8. scenery (def. 2).
9. Literature. a. an episode, situation, or the like, as in a narrative. b. the setting or locale of a story.
10. the stage, esp. of an ancient Greek or Roman theater.
11. an area or sphere of activity, current interest, etc.: the rock music scene; the fashion scene.

I really thought all the questions were fun and was pleased with the way the game was proceeding.
Smile
eoe

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2008 11:55 am
@Raggedyaggie,
Okay, okay.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Sun 31 Aug, 2008 09:23 am
Geez, did i kill the thread? Here's another clue:

He coerced her into the red sports car, just to talk, but then he took off through the streets of Paris, driving like a lunatic, even taking his hands off the wheel, forcing her to fight him and struggle to keep the car on the road. But there was a horrible crash. He died. She didn't.
firefly

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 07:35 pm
@eoe,
Despite your clues, I am clueless.
eoe

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 08:59 pm
@firefly,
Anyone else?
Roberta

Reply Mon 1 Sep, 2008 10:15 pm
@eoe,
No idea.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:25 am
@eoe,
I'm stumped.

Here are some guesses for another clue. I think , but am not positive, that these seventies movies had at least one scene in Paris.

Bloodline
The Intruder
The Other Side of Midnight
eoe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:28 am
@Raggedyaggie,
No to all three. Another clue:
She insisted on modeling a gown of her own creation and when she appeared on the runway, they all laughed at her. Except one man.
Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 06:37 am
@eoe,
Mahogany?
eoe

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 07:43 am
@Roberta,
You got it!
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 08:20 am
Bravo, Roberta. Very Happy
Roberta

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2008 04:22 pm
@Raggedyaggie,
Late 1930s. He turns around to hang a picture on the wall. Someone shoots him in the back.
Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 07:13 am
@Roberta,
Jesse James (Tyrone Power)?
Roberta

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 10:41 am
@Raggedyaggie,
Yes, Raggedy. Your turn.
0 Replies

Raggedyaggie

Reply Wed 3 Sep, 2008 11:55 am
Late forties:

There is just a handful of mourners when he arrives at the gravesite. He approaches a beautiful lady who stands alone, some distance away from the coffin. She acknowledges that she knew his friend and leaves abruptly. A police inspector offers him a ride into the city.
Roberta

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 01:59 pm
@Raggedyaggie,
Raggedy, Not drawing a total blank on this. I have a vague mental image. But nothing is coming to me. Do I have to make three guesses to get another clue?
0 Replies

joefromchicago

Reply Fri 5 Sep, 2008 03:03 pm
@Raggedyaggie,
Raggedyaggie wrote:

Late forties:

There is just a handful of mourners when he arrives at the gravesite. He approaches a beautiful lady who stands alone, some distance away from the coffin. She acknowledges that she knew his friend and leaves abruptly. A police inspector offers him a ride into the city.

The Third Man