-Sigh- More contraception Problems..

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 11:13 am
Right... Well, I was on Cerazette the contraceptive pill, for 2/3 months, came off because I was getting well moody... Period didn't come on for about a month...

I went back on Cerazette about 2 1/2 months ago and I've been experiencing period pains on and off for the past week. I'm needing to pee a lot, and although I'm pretty sure I'm not pregnant the last time I had period pains on a pill the Dr tested me incase I was miscarrying. There have been a couple of occasions where I had some dodgy pill days. Not sure if I dreamt I took the days pill or took it from a different wrapper or WHAT, but I did take a couple a bit late.

So, what are the chances I could be pregnant (apart from very slim) and what do you reckon I should do.

My intuition is telling me not to waste money on a test, again, because surely I'd KNOW if I was pregnant, but at the same time...

As soon as I think about buying a test there's a very strong voice in my head going "Urgh, waste of money, what's the point?..."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,052 • Replies: 15
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:41 pm
Seems fairly straightforward - you need some peace of mind so take a pregnancy test. What am I missing here? Won't that help eliminate it as a possibility and potential distress maker? They are pretty inexpensive, right?

When and if it shows you are not pregnant, then go back to the doctor and discuss your current period discomfort. I'm no expert by any means, but I believe most of the contraceptive devices create some sort of period discomfort at first 'til your body adjusts to them. Verify that your discomfort is 'normal' with your physician.

Just an observation here but from reading some of your other threads, I see that you're suffering some emotional issues... a bit of a self-esteem issues. That's OK -- really -- as many of us younger AND older folks, suffer from that.

The first thing you might want to do is decide on taking charge of your reproductive health and life in general. Restart this process by talking to your doctor and ask as many questions as you need to in order to understand the short term and long term side-effects of birth control meds you take.

You've already started this process but you need more follow-up so these symptoms you suffer now are better understood by you. You need to find out how much longer you will have to bear with them or to see them gone.

Now, as for the immature b/f of your's...well. I'll let others advice stand as is.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
Honey Rose--

Who is in charge here?

As I remember you have a bf who does not want to settle down and you don't think you're ready for motherhood either.

This isn't your first pregnancy scare.

You seem to have inconvenient reactions to hormonal birth control--and taking the pills "late" is not recommended.

Quote:
As soon as I think about buying a test there's a very strong voice in my head going "Urgh, waste of money, what's the point?..."

Maturity is a useful quality for motherhood.

Unfortunately, immaturity can result in motherhood.

What's the point? The point is you are taking charge of your body and of your life? The point is eliminating personal worry. The point is not worrying your boyfriend with questions like "Fatherhood?" when you know he's not ready.

Honey Rose, if you don't take charge, no one else can.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 04:17 pm
Here here! Smile
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:39 am
I know I know. I just haven't trusted my instinct in the past and this time it's screaming "F-ING LISTEN TO ME!!!"

I got one today, although handing the money over pained me greatly. Negatage, so worry over. I'm gonna make a Drs appointment at some point soon though the pains have died off... I was having a bad day yesterday, a day of weakness if you will, just wanted some friendly advice, so thanks.

By the way, the boyfriend is fine now, he's matured greatly and things are going ok. Plus I've reached a state of mind that if he does mess me about again, I'm gone. Don't need him like I used to, which puts me back into the 'healthy' area, rather than 'obsessive'.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 02:43 pm
HoneyRose--

Good and good and good.

Good that you took charge of your possible pregnancy.

Good that your boyfriend is growing up.

Good that you're getting more feisty and independent.

Good, good, good.

Have a happy time in Amsterdam.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:07 am
Noddy...are you following me?

Shocked

Laughing

:wink:

Thank you.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:23 am
I think you should stop playing "Russian Roulette" with the life of a child. Get an IUD and get off the pills. Many women get pregnant and don't know it for months. Other women think they are pregnant even when the chance is close to zero because they so desperately want a baby. The only way to know for sure is with a medical test. I agree with the other people here who are telling you to take charge of your body. If you can't do that you are very certainly not qualified to be a fit mother.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 08:31 am
A word of advice

Get some sort of system that will prevent you from having "dodgey pill days"

Forgeting, and taking pills from different packages so you can't keep track is a receipe for disaster.

Pick something you do every single day at approx the same time, and keep your pills there.

Put your pill container in your coffee makers filter compartment, on top of your toothpaste tube, or somewhere else you cannot avoid.

With the sex comes the responsibility.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 23 Jan, 2008 09:16 am
HoneyRose--

You're an A2K neighbor. We care.

No one wants you to be put in the position of deciding the future of an unborn child. Talk to your doctor.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 09:46 am
Um, I've already taken a test Green Witch... I don't want to get an IUD thank you. I've chosen the pills because they are what suits me now. Though it took a while to realise that. I haven't missed a single pill since those days, and as I said it was because I THOUGHT I'd taken them... As in dreamt I had. **** knows why, but I had a couple of days like that..

I keep them in the same bag, which goes next to my bed before I get into bed, so I can just reach over and get them. I take them whenever I go to bed/sometimes earlier if we're going out to a party or something. Which tends to be 10:30pm/11pm.

I am in charge of my body, that's why I said I was almost 100% sure I wasn't pregnant. I know my body and I'd know if I was pregnant.

And don't even begin to judge me. You have no ******* idea who I am or what I'm like, so just stay out. I had some friendly help from noddy, sorted this situation out, so your comments are unnecessary. Thanks anyway, but you're in no position to judge.

Look, the pills only say you have a 12 hour window for the safety of the company, it WILL be longer for most people, if not all. They say 12 hours which probably means 14, giving a window of safety so you're at less risk... they're 99% effective and the times they last until you take another SHOULD overlap. POPs mucus up your cervix, that doesn't just DISAPPEAR after 36 hours, it will last longer... Which MEANS even though I took those two pills a little bit later than the 12 hour period I should've been safe.

Same as ibupop and paracetamol, they say 'leave four hours between doses' for most people they run out after 3, it's the very longest you should leave it for some people. God this is confusing to write down. I work in a Pharmacy, there ARE little things out there you should take with a pinch of salt. And I know my body and I know that those damn pills last longer than 36 hours on me at least.

I needed somebody this time to just say "Get a test." I knew I needed to, really, but because I was pretty sure I didn't need to, I needed a prompt. That is all.

Thank you Noddy.

I am planning on seeing my Dr to get a new batch of pills, at which point I will discuss with him/her the side effects I have been experiencing.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:04 am
-Sigh- That was not a composed answer. Basically just shove off.
I just needed some motivation, Noddy gave me that in a calm, not judgemental way.

Quote:

If you can't do that you are very certainly not qualified to be a fit mother.

This comment pissed me off ^, you know why? Because there are 30somethings out there pregnant with a kid they'll never really care for, getting drugged up, drinking, smoking and generally being completely selfish.

At least the reason I was worrying about being pregnant because I'm on the pills and I was worried if I continued taking them without checking if there was anything growing in my womb I could be damaging my kid.

I am at least living in a warm home, have a supportive boyfriend who has no intention of leaving me, I don't smoke, I don't take drugs and I very rarely drink and even then in moderation. If I did get pregnant I would have to think very carefully if I could take this baby's life or if bringing them into the world would be worse. If I did make the decision to keep him/her I would do the best I could while I was pregnant to support baby, I have a reasonable, steady income and so does my boyfriend, we share the rent/bills so we'd still have a house and could get basic things to bring baby up.

The reason I would choose not to have a baby is because although I have the means to support baby, I couldn't treat them, we'd have to scrimp and save, and I've been brought up like that and it's not fun. I am not emotionally ready, I need to become more confident or my kid'll end up being a shy, annoying little bitch like me and although my boy would probably stay with me at least for a while it would screw our relationship over big time.

At least I think about things, those irresponsible 30somethings probably wouldn't put baby first and would screw that kids chance at life over immensely.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:10 am
I'm probably missing things out there, but at least I am ready to put baby first if the worst comes to the worst. So don't you dare imply that I would be a bad mother. 'Cause seriously, would you have said that to a 30 year old worrying about being pregnant? Somehow I don't think so.

Did you ask if I had the means to support baby? No.

Don't patronise me. I am an intelligent woman. I don't take well to it.
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:33 am
Relax honey-rose, I'm not crashing down on you. I've read your other posts and I see this as on-going problem. I think the problem could be solved by simply getting a reliable birth control that does not cause the kind of side effects you are experiencing with the pills. An IUD does not cause the problems you are having and it's reliable and safe.

As to saying a woman needs to be in control of bodies reproduction capabilities - I don't care if a woman is 16 or 51 - it's a sign of maturity. I didn't ask you about supporting a baby because that was not the issue at hand. I don't think you are stupid, just emotional. And as your posts proves, your emotions are what drives you to action.
0 Replies

honey rose cr

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 10:48 am
Those problems are the reason I've decided against getting any kind of implant. Once I get it, if I have problems with it then it's gonna be a lot of bother to get it reversed, whereas with the pills I can just stop.

I'm calm now.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:58 am
Honey Rose--

We're on your side.

You have to make the choice between a spontaneous, instant-reversal, faliable form of birth control and a locked-in, sure& certain, form of birth control.

Babies can wait--and should wait.
0 Replies