whoever she is.

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 09:56 am
Troubled Hollywood actress Lindsay Lohan has been sent to a morgue as part of her punishment for a drink-driving offence.

The 21-year-old star has also spent two months in rehabilitation and done some community service, her lawyer Blair Berk said at a hearing in Los Angeles on her progress toward fulfilling the terms of her plea bargain.

Her two four-hour days at the morgue are part of a court-ordered programme to show drivers the real-life consequences of drinking and driving.

She must also spend two days working in a hospital accident and emergency department.

Lohan, the star of The Parent Trap and Herbie: Fully Loaded, was arrested twice last year on drink-driving charges and pleaded guilty in August to misdemeanour drunken driving and cocaine charges. She has already served 84 minutes in jail as part of the plea deal.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 939 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:21 am
Laughing I hear ya on whoever she is. I know about her but not sure I've seen anything she's been in.

I'm praying her experience in the morgue and ER will help her to see some of the possible consequences to her irresponsible drinking actions. I think she's only 21 or so and she has her whole life ahead of her. It'd be a shame to spend it in jail or in a drunken stupor.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 10:25 am
Saw her in "Prairie Home Companion" she was...fair in a smallish role...very good singing voice. She was quite good in "Mean Girls" which was quite big at box-office, but "Herbie - Fully Loaded" was an even bigger box-office smash.

However, currently in the movie industry she is 'poison' now as no one will take on the expense to insure her. Apparently she is untouchable for the next 12-18 months while she sorts out her demons.

This driving/public danger issue could drive me nuts (no pun intended) when I think of it. Here's someone who has the world in her hands, if she wants it. She has such little contact with reality that she thinks she can get behind the wheel while impaired after repeatedly being proven that she has a big problem. If it were you or I in this mess, we'd lose our licenses for over a year or even permanently, heavily fined, etc.

Why can't this slow learner just hire a driver and get it over with, fercrissakes? What am I missing? I know that I haven't seen a lot of the details here, but isn't doing this a lot better of an idea than making the same mistake over and over again? She's a pretty lass and not a bad actress...but she's on a collision course with killing herself or someone else. Can't the court appoint some sort of a guardian for her (and Britney too [I know, I know]) when they're a REAL danger to themselves and the public at large.

IMHO, she may do whatever she wants in the privacy of her own home, but once she goes out and gets behind the wheel of a vehicle she becomes OUR problem.

Message to Lindsay:
YES..unlike the movies, in the real world there ARE consequences for your actions and these matter to everyone! We cannot let you possibly destroy others with your callous disregard for other people's safety.
0 Replies