"Why the WTC towers collapsed?" - Japan

Foofie

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 01:30 pm
Amigo wrote:
"what goes around, comes around." ??

How do you mean that?

It was the indelible two-thousand year old European anti-Semitism that resulted in the WWII Holocaust (I believe the Nazis needed the fertile soil of European anti-Semitism to make their Final Solution viable). The Holocaust resulted in 500,000 Jewish (approximate) survivors ("displaced people") that needed a place to live after the end of WWII. European anti-Semitism, I believe, really gave them nowhere to go. Britain solved the problem by allowing Israel to come into existence. No one wants these six million Israeli Jews today either. Israel is the only place these six, or so, million Israeli Jews can live today.

So, if one studies the history of Israel's survival ever since 1948, one sees the same nations that were the allies in WWII, at different times, helping Israel survive. Whether it's out of some guilt for not helping Jews in WWII, or more likely I believe, over the guilt/realization that all these countries allowed anti-Semitism to be very much part of the popular culture for centuries (which resulted in the fertile soil for the Final Solution to be viable), the western allies are not about to let Israel be a failed state.

Regardless, if there are countries today that would wipe Israel off the map, the western powers do remember that only in the mid-twentieth century Jews were considered excess baggage as their own citizens by many people. In effect, I believe, all that monetary aid to Israel assuages some sensitive feelings, by the western powers, of their historical anti-Semitism.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 05:39 pm
What goes around comes around and now its time for the jewish people to be like the nazis right? With the tax money of people like me instead of it going to the schools of my kids it goes to kill Palestinian kids. I am a peace loving agnostic and most other Americans are christians. Why do the Jewish people take our money for killing other people on the other side of the planet when we need the money here?

We were attacked on 9/11 because the money we give Israel for religous war and our people pay the price in boold and money.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/children.html

119 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 971 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 06:01 pm
Amigo wrote:
What goes around comes around and now its time for the jewish people to be like the nazis right? With the tax money of people like me instead of it going to the schools of my kids it goes to kill Palestinian kids. I am a peace loving agnostic and most other Americans are christians. Why do the Jewish people take our money for killing other people on the other side of the planet when we need the money here?

We were attacked on 9/11 because the money we give Israel for religous war and our people pay the price in boold and money.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/children.html

119 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 971 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000.

Sorry, there is no way you can connect aid given to Israel as resulting in military arms against Palestinians. Israel has its own arms industry and economy. Where U.S. aid goes, I don't know. Perhaps, it goes for bagels and cream cheese?

Palestinians have been dying because there has been hostilities against Israeli citizens. And that has been caused by the Intifada after Sharon visited some sacred Moslem site. To my American thinking, that was not a valid reason for an Intifada. But, what do I know, not being part of that embroiled part of the world.

But, if you don't like your tax dollar going to Israel, that is not for me to argue with you. I pay my taxes, and I have no control over where the money goes. That's how it works. If you don't like where your tax dollar goes, then all I can say is you don't get any more voice for your tax dollar than any other citizen. However, perhaps, you are special, and someone other than myself should listen to you and commiserate with your feelings about Israelis and Palestinians. I personally don't care. I care about the United States. (Didn't I see a U.S. flag being burned in some Arab country on the news time and time again?)

Entiende, Don Amigo?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 07:23 pm
Foofie wrote:
Sorry, there is no way you can connect aid given to Israel as resulting in military arms against Palestinians. Israel has its own arms industry and economy. Where U.S. aid goes, I don't know. Perhaps, it goes for bagels and cream cheese?

Perhaps it does. However, it's not like the United States only provide economic aid.

via Wikipedia

Quote:
Israel has received more U.S. military assistance than any other country, both in terms of grant aid and military sales on a concessional basis. Since 1987, the U.S. has provided an average of $1.8 billion annually in the form of Foreign Military Sales (FMS), Foreign Military Financing (FMF) and funds to support research and development.

A bilateral memorandum of understanding was signed in January 2001, at the end of the Clinton administration, under which defense aid was increased to $2.4 billion annually from $1.8 billion, while the $1.2 billion of economic aid would be eliminated. This was predicated on the basis of the defense aid being increased by $60 million per year until the full amount was reached in 2008, while the economic aid is decreased by $120 million per year until eliminated.

In 2007, the United States increased its military aid to Israel by over 25%, to an average of $3 billion per year for the following ten year period (starting at $2.550 billion for 2008, growing by 150 million each year). The package is scheduled to start October 2008, when regular economic aid to Israel's economy is to end.

Not just bagels and cream cheese, I'd say.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 07:34 pm
No, not bagels....bombs.

Here is a picture of some Jewish kids signing bombs going to kill some Arab kids. This is done with Billions of American dollars that we BARROW from other countries. Who will pay this money back? OUR KIDS.

The bomb is signed:

"Dear Lebanese/Palestinian/Arab/Muslim/Christians - Kids,

Die with love.

Yours,
Israeli Kids"

See more pictures below

http://static.flickr.com/72/192642682_2fea4cce66_o.jpg
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 09:50 pm
Amigo wrote:
No, not bagels....bombs.

Here is a picture of some Jewish kids signing bombs going to kill some Arab kids. This is done with Billions of American dollars that we BARROW from other countries. Who will pay this money back? OUR KIDS.

The bomb is signed:

"Dear Lebanese/Palestinian/Arab/Muslim/Christians - Kids,

Die with love.

Yours,
Israeli Kids"

See more pictures below

You didn't get your picture's cutline (your quote above) from a news source. The photo came from:

By clicking on "quote" for your post, one gets to see the source of the image. The photo was on a photo sharing site, by itself, no verbiage. There's no reputable verbiage to go with the photo. Since the bombs are not going to any Christian communities (the Lebanese Christians were friendly with Israel, and then many left Lebanon), I have to believe the quote given is partly fictional. I would guess, as the picture shows, it just says, "From Israel."

Keep up the good work.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:12 pm
I forgot to post my link. Here are some.

http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2006/07/israeli-children-sign-their-missiles_18.html

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=13453

It's called indoctrination and it's not of god.

Yes I will continue my good work.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 10:37 pm
Amigo wrote:
I forgot to post my link. Here are some.

http://wakeupfromyourslumber.blogspot.com/2006/07/israeli-children-sign-their-missiles_18.html

http://www.informationliberation.com/?id=13453

It's called indoctrination and it's not of god.

Yes I will continue my good work.

Following your blog above to the source, here's the AP news item. No specific verbiage mentioned. Just that the Israeli kids are sending a message to whoever gets the shells. I don't think children are privy to the shelling targets of the IDF. Do you?

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/7760/1663/1600/israeli%20girls%20signing%202.jpg

By the way, the shells were in retaliation, I thought, for the rockets coming from Lebanon two summers ago (notice the date of the AP news item). It's interesting that in the worst of times kids can be kids. If you notice the Israeli kids look strangely like American kids. Perhaps, that's a presentiment?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Fri 18 Jan, 2008 11:19 pm
Foofie wrote:
Just that the Israeli kids are sending a message to whoever gets the shells. I don't think children are privy to the shelling targets of the IDF. Do you?

Foofie, do you think your reaction would be the same if those were photos of Lebanese children signing Hezbollah shells, writing messages like "To Israel, with love"? Do you think you would say, "Look, they are just kids, right? And they look remarkably like American kids, too!"
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:39 am
Here watch this.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

No I'm no crazy. If you watch paste part one it will be much more practical for you.

"They must find it difficult...those who have taken authority as the truth, rather than truth as the authority."---Gerald Massey
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 19 Jan, 2008 03:49 am
Imagine if princess dianna had been killed in the 9-11 twin towers collapse.

what year was it again?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 05:17 pm
old europe wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Just that the Israeli kids are sending a message to whoever gets the shells. I don't think children are privy to the shelling targets of the IDF. Do you?

Foofie, do you think your reaction would be the same if those were photos of Lebanese children signing Hezbollah shells, writing messages like "To Israel, with love"? Do you think you would say, "Look, they are just kids, right? And they look remarkably like American kids, too!"

Duh! Hezbollah started raining rockets down on Israeli towns first, if I remember correctly. And this assault on civilian targets was in retaliation for the Israeli military going after the Hezbollah in Southern Lebanon. So, with Israeli civilian targets being attacked , I find it interesting that the children are not "shaking in their boots" (being the historical image of the timid Jew). Not being Jewish, you may not empathize with the attacks against Israel as being the current end of an historical continuum of Jew killing, since the middle ages. Many Jews are very grateful to the fact that for once they are not "going like sheep."

But, your question to me above, obfuscates my original comment. It's based on a hypothetical situation, and my reaction shouldn't be of anyone's concern. I am only one poster in a universe of millions and millions of threads.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 05:47 pm
Well, okay. I'm fine with that.

I just find it remarkable that people are often willing to excuse things that they would condemn the other side for in a blink.

On an emotional level, that's understandable. Also from the perspective you've just mentioned - the bit about "going like sheep." All very understandable.

The problem is just that, on an emotional level, the "other side" will just come up with equally good reasons. Of course you can then get into an argument about who started what originally, but it will ultimately lead you nowhere. Especially if you have more desire in seeing the conflict resolved rather than seeing the next attack justified.

Just my opinion, though.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 05:57 pm
Wait! There is an answer!

Find out who/what perpetuates the war.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Sun 20 Jan, 2008 06:17 pm
old europe, Foofie,

If you find out what perpetuates the war in the middle east I will send you both 20$ and a free t-shirt.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:52 pm
Amigo wrote:
old europe, Foofie,

If you find out what perpetuates the war in the middle east I will send you both 20$ and a free t-shirt.

I don't want the $20, nor the tee shirt. But, there are many perspectives on what makes the hostilities continue. I don't think one guess is better than the next guess.

I give up; tell me the answer, please.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 12:59 pm
old europe wrote:
Well, okay. I'm fine with that.

I just find it remarkable that people are often willing to excuse things that they would condemn the other side for in a blink.

On an emotional level, that's understandable. Also from the perspective you've just mentioned - the bit about "going like sheep." All very understandable.

The problem is just that, on an emotional level, the "other side" will just come up with equally good reasons. Of course you can then get into an argument about who started what originally, but it will ultimately lead you nowhere. Especially if you have more desire in seeing the conflict resolved rather than seeing the next attack justified.

Just my opinion, though.

I think the hostilities will eventually end. Some big countries, that had been involved in the actual wars with Israel now hesitate to start another war. It's really only militias that are fighting Israel now. I believe that too will quiet down. Why? Well, it's my contention that as the 21st century continues, people will realize that the United States is not just a super power, but a super duper power. I think more people in the world will learn to listen to the preferences of the United States. Don't believe me. (Not everyone has the same learning curve, but those Middle East countries that are at peace with Israel obviously have a quicker/shorter learning curve.)
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 01:28 pm
Foofie wrote:
Well, it's my contention that as the 21st century continues, people will realize that the United States is not just a super power, but a super duper power. I think more people in the world will learn to listen to the preferences of the United States.

Pax Americana. An American Century. A world, dominated by only one super power.

Won't happen.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Mon 21 Jan, 2008 01:51 pm
old europe wrote:
Foofie wrote:
Well, it's my contention that as the 21st century continues, people will realize that the United States is not just a super power, but a super duper power. I think more people in the world will learn to listen to the preferences of the United States.

Pax Americana. An American Century. A world, dominated by only one super power.

Won't happen.

Just ask Lois Lane and Jimmy Olsen!
0 Replies