Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:00 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Amigo wrote:
Quote:
You've never tasted my moms cooking.I'm suprised i'm still alive.

My mom is a notoriously bad cook.

Aww now, she can't be that bad! Surely she has something she cooks that you just love....
No, really. It's very bad.

You can ask my dad, my step dad, me, my sister.

Crunchy rice, cold toast boiled beans with seemingly no spice. Very bad.

I used to visit alot of freinds right around dinner time.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:05 pm
Ugggh! Bad...really bad! Shocked

(((Poor Amigo)))
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:06 pm
Can you help us?

We could die.

help

[size=7]help us[/size]
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:11 pm
Sure, Sure....

Whatcha want? I'll USPS it to ya.... :wink:
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Thu 10 Jan, 2008 11:32 pm
makemeshiver33 wrote:
Sure, Sure....

Whatcha want? I'll USPS it to ya.... :wink:
http://www.giadadelaurentiis.com/images/press_lamag_pic.jpg
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 02:40 am
I think I'm out of those, but I have one of these

http://www.thecountrygourmet.com/cookware/graphics/emerilware_bam.jpg
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 10:27 am
This is my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe.

Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 cups butter
4 cups flour
2 tsp. soda
2 cups sugar
5 cups blended oatmeal
24 oz. chocolate chips
2 cups brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 8 oz. Hershey Bar (grated)
4 eggs
2 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups chopped nuts (your choice)

Measure oatmeal and blend in a blender to a fine powder. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla, and mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and soda. Add chocolate chips, Hershey Bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet or drop by teaspoonful onto the cookie sheet.

Bake at 375 degrees for 8 to 10 minutes, or 10 to 12 minutes for a crispier cookie.

Makes about 10 dozen cookies.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 01:13 pm
You guys are gonna have me making cookies this weekend! My mouth waters every time I come in here.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 01:38 pm
I know...I've been snacking on cookies this morning already......

Those Neiman Marcus Chocolate Chip Cookies sound good, but I know if I tried to make them, I'd get a cake-like cookie. So I'll have to pass on making those.......

Well, I gotta go and find me something to do besides sit here for hours on end...lol I'm soooooooooooooo bored!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 05:41 pm
I almost started a milk thread after I read this one. (that is a pun)

Anyway. I have a comment, and a recipe to share.

Comment. In any traditional chocolate chip cookie recipe, try subsituting powdered milk for flour. Maybe one third. It gives the cookie more of a crunch.

Never Fail fudge:
Three cups chips-chocolate/peanut butter etc...
One stick margarine
One can condensed milk
nuts if desired
Put all ingredients in a two quart(glass)cup or bowl, and stir. Microwave on high for one and a half minutes. Remove and stir. Put back into microwave for another minute and a half.on high. Remove, stir, and pour into buttered eight by eight pan, or casserole dish. Put in refrigerator to harden.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 06:01 pm
Ummm, that sounds really good right now, especially for dessert. I'll have to try that the next time I make fudge.

I've never tried the powered milk substitution, but then again..I stink at making cookies. Another thing you can do is crush up corn flakes and add to the ingredients list. It makes them chewy....

My favorite choc chip cookie is what we call "Buffalo Chip Cookies", its your basic choc chip recipe tripled, but you add a cup of oats, a cup of crushed corn flakes, a cup of flaked cocanuts, a cup of walnuts, and instead of one bag of choc chips, you add that plus one bag of another flavor, which I like butterscotch.

Scoop them out in a 1/4 measuring cup and let'm bake up thus the Buffalo chips........
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 06:08 pm
Hmmm now those sound delicious Makeme. Guess I'm gonna have to try those. Laughing
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 06:17 pm
I have the recipe around here somewhere....I'll see if I can find it, or another one online....

My M-I-L used to ask me to come to her house and make those every Christmas. That is one cookie I could bake.

So, every Christmas we'd make a ton of these cookies, and split them between everyone. We'd use one of the largest stainless steel bowls we could find to mix them in, because you can't use a mixer on them once you get past the sugars, butter, vanilla, salt, egg stage....

I don't remember how man dozens they made, but each cookie would be as big as the palm of your hand if not bigger.

Ohhhhh, they were goood.........
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 08:47 pm
This is the closest recipe I can find, its been changed up some....

Buffalo Chip Cookies

Buffalo Chip Cookies are gigantic cookies made with flour, old-fashioned oats, cornflakes, chocolate chips, flaked coconut and pecans for an out-of-this world cookie.
INGREDIENTS:
1 C. Butter, unsalted, softened
1 C. Shortening
2 C. Brown sugar
2 C. Granulated sugar
4 lg. eggs
2 tsp. Vanilla
4 C. All-purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. Baking powder
1 tsp. Salt
2 C. Old Fashioned Oats
2 C. Corn flake cereal
2 C. Chocolate chips* (12 pkg)
1 C. Flaked coconut
1 C. Pecans, chopped

PREPARATION:
*Use 1-10 oz package Semi Sweet Hershey's Mini Kisses, or Chocolate "chunks".

Cream together butter and shortening at medium speed.

Cream in brown sugar and granulated sugar, until light and fluffy.

Beat in eggs, one at a time, and vanilla, until fluffy.

Sift together the flour, baking soda, salt and baking powder. (Note: Delete salt if using salted butter).

Mix into creamed mixture, half at a time.

Stir in oats, corn flakes, chips, coconut and pecans.

Drop LARGE spoonful onto cookie sheet (about 6 to a cookie sheet) using an ice cream scoop (about 1/4 cup of dough per cookie), spacing well. (Yield: About 3 1/2 dozen 5-inch cookies)

OR ... Drop by tablespoons for smaller, traditional sized cookies (about 5-6 dozen).

Bake in 350 degree oven. (Lower temperature to 340 for convection ovens): 15-18 minutes for large cookies, or 10-12 minutes for smaller cookies.

Note: We package the cooled cookies individually in zip-lock sandwich bags, and store in the freezer for lunches and snacks.

Our recipe called for two full bags of chips of different flavors and walnuts, instead of pecans.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 09:21 pm
Came in for my evening drool.....

Off to find some cookies Laughing
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 09:26 pm
Thanx Makeme! I'm gonna try making these tomorrow!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 09:26 am
Nestle bake and break last night. I'm already shuddering thinking about giving up chocolate for lent.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 11:08 am
Your'e Welcome Arella Mea! I'm thinking about making some myself to take home with me next week.....but I can't seem to stay out of them when I do.

Alex, my family would go through DT's if they had to give up chocolate. They are crazy over it.

Montana, need a napkin? lol :wink:
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 12:59 pm
I may need 2 of those napkins MMS Laughing

Same here with the chocolate. I at least need one daily dose of it. If I had none in the house, I'd go out in a blizzard to find it Laughing
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 15 Jan, 2008 03:04 pm
Most people will claim their chocolateholics. I will eat a piece of chocolate almost everyday, except during lent.
I once was on a cruise ship,, and they had a midnight eighty eight foot chocolateholics buffet. I mean, anything you can imagine, and then some. It was during lent, and I had to pass. I almost figured out a loophole, being we were in international waters, on procedures of giving something up.
I would have to say I like chocolate a lot.
0 Replies