now we are there for honor???...???

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 10:23 am
the larger question I think is "What are our goals in Iraq" ?

All this taking the fight to them and God and country bullshit has worn oout it's welcome.....

My personal opinion is that there is no our goals... there is their goals..... which is to harvest as much profit and power as possible to a handful....they being the circles within circles of people that george bush and co. is the face of...
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 10:38 am
That's it. Those are the goals. Profiteering. As always.
0 Replies

FreeDuck

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:04 am
eoe wrote:
My stepdaughter is in the Army, stationed in Afghanistan at the moment. We as a family do not discuss the war when she's home because the conflict and turmoil on her face just breaks your heart. Most soldiers want to believe in what they're doing, they took an oath and live it with all their hearts but they haven't lost their common sense or the ability to know when they're being scammed and hoodwinked. Especially when it's right in front of their faces.

Exactly. And the "with honor" argument really translates to "keep lying to them (and to ourselves) and lets hope they start to believe it". Cheer the lie, cheer the lie.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 11:48 am
That's just how Bush got into the White house in 2000. A whole lot of smoke and mirrors, bs and lies. Just repeat the lies over and over and wait for the sheep to believe them.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:04 pm
Re: now we are there for honor???...???
jasonrest wrote:
If there was ever a time to vote, it is now. This is the only opportunity to pick someone with a brain.

"A soldier speaks"
The video is gone do you have another link or can yougive me something to search.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:17 pm
Amigo wrote:
jasonrest wrote:
If there was ever a time to vote, it is now. This is the only opportunity to pick someone with a brain.

"A soldier speaks"
The video is gone do you have another link or can yougive me something to search.

Damn. I watched that two hours ago.

There is a note on YouTube: "This video has been removed by the user"

I wonder what the story behind that was? If he's a serving soldier....

The knock on the door?
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:43 pm
Amigo wrote:
jasonrest wrote:

"A soldier speaks"

I'm not sure but I think he may have still been active...(in the military) so, considering the things he said he could definitely go up for court martial, there is no other authority, I can think of that could force him to remove it.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 12:46 pm
Sorry I don't think he posted it anywhere else, and I had planned to save it but didn't get a chance.
0 Replies