now we are there for honor???...???

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 07:24 am
If there was ever a time to vote, it is now. This is the only opportunity to pick someone with a brain.

"A soldier speaks"
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,086 • Replies: 27
No top replies

revel

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 10:52 am
Excellent.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:20 pm
jasonrest,
I know you and I haven't gotten off on the best foot since you started posting here, but if you don't mind me saying so on your thread...

as a soldier...

about that video... F*cking WOW. Bravo.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:26 pm
bump. I want everyone to see this video, and I want to see what they have to say about it.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 01:43 pm
snood wrote:
jasonrest,
I know you and I haven't gotten off on the best foot since you started posting here, but if you don't mind me saying so on your thread...

as a soldier...

No ****. You still in?
I just finished a tour......15 ******* months and to be a soldier, a silent robot putting aside political beliefs to fulfill an obligation is traumatic to say the least.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 02:04 pm
jasonrest wrote:
snood wrote:
jasonrest,

as a soldier...

No ****. You still in?
I just finished a tour......15 **** months and to be a soldier, a silent robot putting aside political beliefs to fulfill an obligation is traumatic to say the least.

17 years, 6 months, 6 days.
0 Replies

blueflame1

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 02:21 pm
Wow. I hope this soldier dont end up like Pat Tillman. What a good guy in a bad situation.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 02:21 pm
Shocked

SOrry everyone but I can't PM......
NO ******* way.
I have one year left on my 5 year contract and that's it.
So I guess you're going for the pension then.....what's your rank??

and then we have to turn back to the subject, I want people to see and reply to this video.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 02:24 pm
blueflame1 wrote:
Wow. I hope this soldier dont end up like Pat Tillman. What a good guy in a bad situation.

or like CPL. Garcia(passed away on my last tour)
Pat T. was a great guy and he made a huge sacrifice but there were plenty that died before him and many afterward.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Sun 6 Jan, 2008 02:43 pm
bump agin.
0 Replies

snood

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 06:48 am
bump (for the last time)

...can't believe more folks aren't saying more about this...
0 Replies

woiyo

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:35 am
What is there to say except the soldier is correct. The day we stopped looking for WMD is the day we should have left Iraq.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 07:54 am
Everyone here probably knows I think the war was idiotic to begin with.

I'm still disturbed every time causualty numbers are recounted, as if American lives are the only ones that matter....

Where's the honor in that?
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:34 am
snood wrote:
bump (for the last time)

...can't believe more folks aren't saying more about this...

Brings to mind something I've been thinking about lately.
We could talk till we're blue in the face and these war criminals are still on the loose, still in office and filthy rich to boot, and some still aren't satisfied.

I haven't voted since I was able to but I will this time for the most obvious choice. R.P. FTW
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 08:55 am
That young man spoke his piece. Fat cats rolling around in luxury automobiles right there on base while soldiers are being blown to bits. But, according to Mr. Huckabee, they're being blown to bits with honor.
0 Replies

jasonrest

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:02 am
eoe wrote:
That young man spoke his piece. Fat cats rolling around in luxury automobiles right there on base while soldiers are being blown to bits. But, according to Mr. Huckabee, they're being blown to bits with honor.

It's even worse to see it in person.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:24 am
that kid is not eloquent but he sure has the situation pegged. Good for him.
0 Replies

McTag

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:29 am
The last bump reached me. Who could disagree with that? The voice of experience, a patriot and a pragmatist. He's not fooled by the rhetoric coming from Washington or Faux.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 09:55 am
My stepdaughter is in the Army, stationed in Afghanistan at the moment. We as a family do not discuss the war when she's home because the conflict and turmoil on her face just breaks your heart. Most soldiers want to believe in what they're doing, they took an oath and live it with all their hearts but they haven't lost their common sense or the ability to know when they're being scammed and hoodwinked. Especially when it's right in front of their faces.

Should Bush & Co. walk away from this free, clear and even more wealthy than before? When will someone finally begin a serious movement towards impeachment and imprisonment?
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 10:13 am
I just viewed the video, and have a few random comments:

1. If you buy Huckabee's "honor" argument, then we'd still be in Viet Nam.

2. I do agree with Ron Paul that if we make a mistake, we need to own up to it and correct it. But why is Iraq our only mistake that needs to be corrected, while many of our other mistakes are sacred cows and get a free pass?

3. IMHO it all boils down to this: Is it even possible to achieve our goals in Iraq? We have been trying to train Iraqis to be competent police and soldiers now for years - and they are still not ready. When will they be ready? You can take American high school kids and train them to be competent police and soldiers in less time than we've been in Iraq. Why have we been unable to do the same with Iraqis?
0 Replies