With All this Heated Political Talk going On

Reply Fri 4 Jan, 2008 11:14 am
let's don't forget the really important news stories...
http://apnews.myway.com/article/20080104/D8TV3PGO2.html
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 712 • Replies: 9
No top replies

eoe

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 09:55 am
I must confess that I'm somewhat fascinated by the train wreck that is Britney Spears. She appears to be completely out of control now and I do feel sorry for her. I think there's some truth to what was implied by a doctor last night that not only is she suffering from addiction (drugs? booze? drugs & booze?) but she's also got some sort of mental problem. And her mother must have problems as well shamelessly pimping her children the way she does.

And how about Lindsey Lohan caught on film New Years' Eve swigging from a champagne bottle? After not one but two stays in rehab last year? These young women have the world in the palms of their hands and they're hellbent it seems to throw it all away.

Sad.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:45 am
train wreck is too kind... these people are white trash and no doubt about it....this is a cycle that can only be broken by a personal act of will....and this sort of thing is very common... only when a celebrity does it does anyone notice it.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:47 am
Jerry Springer on an unlimited budget....
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:52 am
and a shaved cooter...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 10:56 am
and head...
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 11:04 am
eoe wrote:
I think there's some truth to what was implied by a doctor last night that not only is she suffering from addiction (drugs? booze? drugs & booze?) but she's also got some sort of mental problem.

One of the saddest things about illicit drugs is that people don't understand the consequences before they start taking them. Many drugs will destroy neurotransmitter receptors. Use the drug a few times and suddenly you're schizophrenic. Permanent brain damage from a little experimentation....
0 Replies

OmSigDAVID

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 11:20 pm
In my opinion,
that stuff is poison,
but everyone has the right to ingest poison
( if he owns it ). Government was not given jd to interfere with that.

Its very, very sad for children to lose their mother.
0 Replies

ossobuco

Reply Tue 8 Jan, 2008 11:48 pm
Well, seems to me both, well, two of the three and perhaps three, of the mothers are pieces of work, and then what, their mothers?

All sad but not so different, except these folks have money for a while and ultimate staging and influence.

The influence of the media, the avidity of the masses. All this nothing new.

Alternatives are out there, but not popular like this stuff.

Who is to blame, maybe not the media in this particular situation, but the

level of info and varied analysis and argument available to all.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 9 Jan, 2008 04:37 am
eoe wrote:
I must confess that I'm somewhat fascinated by the train wreck that is Britney Spears. She appears to be completely out of control now and I do feel sorry for her. I think there's some truth to what was implied by a doctor last night that not only is she suffering from addiction (drugs? booze? drugs & booze?) but she's also got some sort of mental problem. And her mother must have problems as well shamelessly pimping her children the way she does.

Sad.

I agree eoe. In this situation, I'm disgusted with the mother who used her childen the way this one has.

I can't imagine being a kid and not being able to really be a kid and this mother robbed her girls of their childhood, as far as I'm concerned and what I see are girls who are rebeling.

I feel sorry for Britney. She's on some serious drugs, which is why she's out of control and she needs help.

I think the best thing she could do for herself is to give up her career and start all over again. Financially, she's set for life and then some, so I hope she decides to turn her life around, for her kids sake.

Drugs can make good people turn nasty. Don't know if she's a good or bad person, just something I've seen drugs do to people over the years.
0 Replies