My wife left me.

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:24 pm
I am new here and would like to share my story.

A brief background. I've been married for 5 year to a Japanese lady. We have to beautiful kids 3 and 5. I recently discovered wife has cheated on me with a co-worker. I have tried ever thing in the book to get her back so for, I guess my only option is to move on. I can not move on because some of the past actions of mines that would have lead any woman to cheat.

She recently moved out of the house and she contacted me two days after she moved out of the house. She told me that place that she stay with the kids is nasty. She also told me that she would rather be there than with me.

I live in Maryland. I in the navy and about six months I going back to Japan on orders. There isn't really enough time to get a divorce because she really wants a divorce, but she is not doing anything towards a divorce. She need to to have a stable place, but the two of them can not afford one.

My kids have not been in school much because of our situation. The guy she is with is very poor and I do not think he is legal immigrant but I guess he is promising her the world. What do I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,081 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Rockhead

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 03:54 pm
Sounds like you need to talk to your commanding officer. This will affect your job before it is all over, might as well see if he can offer some advice or help now.
0 Replies

jespah

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 05:59 pm
No matter what happens with your wife, or with you, your children need a stable home life. Pulling them out of a (presumably) loving home and tossing them into what sounds like a dump is not doing them any favors. The Judge Advocate General's Corps handles all manner of legal work for servicemen and women, including civil divorces, separations and custody arrangements.

Rocky is right that you need to speak with your CO. You should also speak with a close relative (a parent, a sibling, a cousin if you don't have either of the first two) or friend who could take in your children, at least on a temporary basis. The court may or may not rule that way but it will show an interest on your part if you do whatever is in your power to make a life and a home for the kids, even as you also have to prepare for going to Japan.

Good luck to you and your children.
0 Replies

SULLYFISH66

Reply Thu 3 Jan, 2008 06:27 pm
Your first priority is to make sure your children are cared for. You have some financial responsiblities, there. You need a lawyer, fast.

Your CO can help you. ASK FOR HELP and get resources. Others have been thru the same thing. You are not alone!

Good luck!
0 Replies

daniellejean

Reply Mon 7 Jan, 2008 04:34 am
I am confused as to whether or not you are in the American Navy or the Japanese Navy.
0 Replies

sweethomenc

Reply Mon 14 Jan, 2008 02:07 pm
Re: My wife left me.
ropedawg wrote:
She recently moved out of the house and she contacted me two days after she moved out of the house. She told me that place that she stay with the kids is nasty. She also told me that she would rather be there than with me.

I live in Maryland. I in the navy and about six months I going back to Japan on orders. There isn't really enough time to get a divorce because she really wants a divorce, but she is not doing anything towards a divorce. She need to to have a stable place, but the two of them can not afford one.
My kids have not been in school much because of our situation. The guy she is with is very poor and I do not think he is legal immigrant but I guess he is promising her the world. What do I do?

Firstly, I am sorry for anyone having to go through the prospect of divorce, its' not easy on those involved. Secondly, I highlighted crucial points in bold, your children should be your first concern........not her. Especially if you are leaving the country (and them) in six months. As stated in the earlier posts, I would speak to your CO and a lawyer asap. Your kids deserve a stable environment, clean home and they need to be in school. This will effect your children for life, you need to take action fast.
0 Replies

s4msam

Reply Mon 28 Jan, 2008 09:11 pm
have you got any relatives or family members where the kids could go while you sort things out?
0 Replies