cleaner-burning fuel

tintin

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:00 am
Installing scrubbers in smokestacks and switching to cleaner-burning fuel are the two methods available to Northern Power for reducing harmful emissions from its plants. Scrubbers will reduce harmful emissions more than cleaner-burning fuels will. Therefore, by installing scrubbers, Northern Power will be doing the most that can be done to reduce harmful emissions from its plants.

can you please tell whats this cleaner-burning fuel ?

i guess , its a fuel when you use in plant it produces less harmful emmision.

However, not heard of this term before .....can you comment on it ?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 625 • Replies: 7
No top replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:03 am
I think instead of using a liquid catalyst,they want to generate alkylate using a solid acid catalyst to change low-octane gaseous feedstock into liquid alkylate.Once the solid catalyst becomes coated with undesired hydrocarbons, researchers use a supercritical fluid solvent to clean and rejuvenate the catalyst and then begin alkylate production again.

But I could be wrong.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:04 am
Your assumption is correct. For example, the coal that one digs out of the earth comes in more than one form. Some forms of "hard coal" (anthracite) are preferred over bituminous coal because the anthracite produces dramatically less impurities when it is burned. Bituminous coal ("soft coal") usually gives off a great deal of sulfur and other impurities when it is burned. Therefore, anthracite is a "cleaner-burning" fuel than bituminous coal.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:05 am
You know, Gus, many people come here to get a serious and a reasonable answer. Why don't you stick to the idiotic threads, where your genius shines through, and stop posting drivel which will only confuse people, especially those who are not native-speakers of English.
0 Replies

tintin

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 10:07 am
beautiful

happy Very Happy
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:27 pm
Setanta wrote:
You know, Gus, many people come here to get a serious and a reasonable answer. Why don't you stick to the idiotic threads, where your genius shines through, and stop posting drivel which will only confuse people, especially those who are not native-speakers of English.

Go look in the mirror and gaze upon your self-imposed intellectual genius. You might want to put a coat of lemon oil on your pedestal as well.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 2 Jan, 2008 04:32 pm
I answer a lot of Tintin's posts, and try to give him a serious answer which can help him. I don't claim great intellect . . . i also don't pour **** all over a thread in which a non-native speaker is seeking information on the meaning of words and concepts in English.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sat 5 Jan, 2008 08:55 pm
Humor and hyperbole, not to mention the ability to discern when someone is pullin' your leg, are also valuable things for ESLs to learn.
0 Replies