job-related accidents

tintin

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 12:54 am
Companies O and P each have the same number of employees who work the same number of hours per week. According to records maintained by each company, the employees of Company O had fewer job-related accidents last year than did the employees of Company P. Therefore, employees of Company O are less likely to have job-related accidents than are employees of Company P.

what is job-related accidents ?

i never hard of this term .

i know car accidents ...but job-related accidents Rolling Eyes

confused
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 618 • Replies: 2
No top replies

Ticomaya

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 12:59 am
If your job involves you operating a saw, and you accidentally cut off your thumb at work, you had a "job-related accident."

If you were at home and cut off your thumb with a kitchen knife, that would be a "home-related accident."
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 30 Dec, 2007 01:01 am
Quote:
what is job-related accidents ?

What are job related accidents.

If i work as a house builder and fall off the roof of a house I am building breaking my leg in the fall.

If I work in a factory and slip on a wet floor and sprain my ankle.

If I am a farmer and a tractor rolls over on top of me.

All these are job related accidents.

In many western countries companies are made to pay compensation to their workers who are injured in job related accidents.
Companies are required to provide safe conditions for their employees and not to require their employees to undertake unsafe tasks.
0 Replies