Need Breadmaker Manual

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 04:03 pm
We found an old National SD-BT6N breadmaker and plan to put it to use. We couldn't find the manual though, and I can't seem to find it online. I believe National is now Panasonic, but the latter's website only lists one breadmaker. I need to find manauls for obsolete machines.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 9 • Views: 18,897 • Replies: 36
No top replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:10 pm
trying tro find a decent link

FWIW, I have been using a Panasonic SD BT55P for the last 17 yrs. Not sure how different they are but my guess is they're close ernough.

Here's how to order the manual which usually ships in 1 business day:

http://www.partstore.com/Part/Matsushita/Panasonic/DZ50A103/New.aspx

Here's a posting from a user who called Technical Supoort not Customer Service:

http://ths.gardenweb.com/forums/load/cookware/msg1108253118040.html
"Panasonic still supplies belts, paddles, and pans for my old machine. Don't phone the customer service, phone technical support. They were also willing to send me the technical manual, and to ask Japan for the baking temperature of each cycle. Helped me convert old recipes to their bread machine. Now THAT's service!"
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 06:45 pm
Thanks, I'll check those out! The first loaf just went to "BAKE" - we'll see how it turns out. I just used a basic bread recipe for breadmakers, hopefully it works at least somewhat and I don't make a paper mache football.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Thu 27 Dec, 2007 08:03 pm
They tend to a good job. Most important is the adherence to accurately measured amounts, sifting the flour well and definitely using yeast that has a fresh date.

Don't do like I often did and open it up once it started the heating/baking cycle. If you do open it then, it can fall flat and give you a doorstop for a loaf. It's OK to open when it's mixing/kneading.
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:00 am
1st loaf - so so - too dense
2nd loaf - perfecto - used plain water instead of milk, slightly more of it, and 1/4 tsp extra yeast. Looks good!

Thanks rm!
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:39 am
cheddar onion
Does the mixing blade get baked into the bottom of the loaf?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 28 Dec, 2007 10:47 am
Was gonna give you the instructions for mine, since they're all pretty much the same, but it looks like you're all set.

Happy breading :-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 08:31 am
Re: cheddar onion
alex240101 wrote:
Does the mixing blade get baked into the bottom of the loaf?

I thought that crust seemed a little hard.
0 Replies

Jerry S

Reply Sat 29 Dec, 2007 11:36 am
Breadmaker manual
The office you need is in Kent, WA. Phone number 1-800-833-9626 (or at least it was several years ago when I went looking for the Panasonic number).

I have a manual for the SD-BT65N and would be glad to make you a copy if you cannot get one from Panasonic.
emmysterling

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 07:47 pm
SD-BT55P Bread Bakery
MONTANA!!! i just bought a Panasonic SD-BT55P today and they gave us the wrong manual. i found your post while searching for the instructions. if you can offer any advice....just a WW or white recipe would really help!!!! thank you!

[email protected]
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 08:29 pm
This recipe makes a good 2lb wheat bread in my machine.

2 cups bread flour
2 cups whole wheat flour
2 tsp salt
2 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp butter
1.5 cups water (you can add a little more if you like)
2 rounded tsp yeast

I use the basic bake. It seems to be better if you start it in the evening and set the delay to have the bread ready when you wake up (note: this only works if your machine has a yeast dispenser!).
0 Replies

emmysterling

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:04 pm
RAGMAN!!!
i just realized the post i was reading was not from Montana but from Ragman.

opps!! thank you Smile
0 Replies

emmysterling

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:08 pm
much thank you!!!!
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Tue 22 Jan, 2008 09:50 pm
No problem emmy and welcome to A2K :-D

This reminds me that I've got to break out the bread machine. It's been a few years since I've used it and it's a nice winter thing to do. Get all that awesome bread smell going in the house :-D
0 Replies

CharlesA

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 12:40 am
found SD-BT6N manual
I have a Panasonic SD-BT6N bread maker and manual. I scanned it and made a PDF file. How do I upload it?
CharlesA

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 01:36 am
manual uploded
I uploded the manual to

http://www.theusermanualsite.com/ex/thread/view/idThread/13343
dadpad

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 01:48 am
Good onya charles mate.

Thanks for doing that.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Thu 24 Jan, 2008 02:23 am
Hey, thanks Charles and welcome to A2K :-D
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 06:52 am
Yep, what Montana said!
0 Replies

cjhsa

Reply Fri 25 Jan, 2008 07:00 am
I got so reinterested (is that a word?) in bread making that I had to create a new sourdough starter. Had one in California that survived for several years in the back of the fridge. Last night I made my first loaf of sourdough from the new starter (I added a small amount of yeast just in case it didn't rise enough - but it wasn't needed as I found out).

Here's how to create a sourdough starter. Get some organic raisins. Put about 1/2 cup of them in a bowl, and cover with water. The raisins will absorb some of it, so make sure to get the water about an inch over them. Let it sit for 24-48 hours. Drain the raisin water into another bowl and discard the raisins. Add flour to the raisin water to make a thin paste, like thin pancake batter. Cover loosely with plastic wrap and set it in a warm location for 24-48 hours.

At this point, the stuff should start to bubble and froth. This is what you want it to do - these are the active wild yeasts from the raisin skins eating the flour and farting out the carbon dioxide that makes bread rise. Now, add to this about another 1/4 cup of flour and enough FILTERED water (not city tap water) to keep the consistency. Set it aside overnight. It should bubble and froth.

To make sourdough, use half of this in place of part of the flour and water and yeast in your regular recipe. Feed the other half with more flour and water. The older your starter gets, the better it becomes.
0 Replies