Exercise Goals for 2008

ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 06:52 pm
@sozobe,
Good runnings, ladies and gents.

I started a new job yesterday. One of the joys of same (not) is that there is a total of about 2 hours driving a day, instead of about 1.5 hours of transit. I figgered I'm a tough girl, I could still go to dance class as scheduled. mmmmm Abby wasn't in, Zahira was covering, Zahira saw that she knew most of us and she wanted to see if we could do all of the intermediate stuff (this wasn't s'posed to be an intermediate class) ... I yawned and danced, danced and yawned, stretched and yawned, yawned and started to laugh like mad. Tomorrow night should be better ... if we don't get the anticipated 10 - 15 cm of snow.
sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:02 pm
@ehBeth,
New job! Yay? (Bummer about the commute tho.)

Good luck tomorrow!
ehBeth

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:08 pm
@sozobe,
Yay - yes! the glitch in the economy caused some probs at the old place - on the upside (for me) is doubling up on a salary for a bit. That'll pay for a little bit of travel as soon as I accumulate some vacay time.
sozobe

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:12 pm
@ehBeth,
Yay, I'm glad it's yay! Doubling up on salary is wunderbar. Congrats!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 07:43 pm
Where do I sign up for the double salary job?

Okay. Wanted to hit 900 miles today. Dressed after work for chilly run of eight miles or so.....got outside......frigging freezing cold and wind gusts to 20mph. Wind chill (i find out when i get home of 12F) (!!!?(*&&^^%$$)
I'm barelegged, folks and wearing a baseball hat.

I did two miles. One mile out and a really fast mile back to the start so that I wouldn't turn into a solid brick of ice and be found in the morning on the side of road like a side of beef tossed off a truck.

Joe(It took a ten minute hot shower to make me feel semi-normal)Nation
0 Replies

mac11

Reply Tue 18 Nov, 2008 10:05 pm
Good god, Joe. I'm glad you're back to semi-normal. Is the weather supposed to improve?

Bethie, congratulations on the new job!
jespah

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:00 am
@mac11,
Semi-normal is pretty good.

Congrats on the new job, Beth!
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:13 am
Yes, and I forgot to say, good luck with new job, Beth. And no more yawning while swiveling. (ching, chi-ching,ching..ching ching)

Joe(where's my winter hat?)Nation
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 19 Nov, 2008 05:29 am
@Joe Nation,
i completely forgot about excercise.

this time i will start very small.

25 pushups and 25-10 pound dumbell curls every day.

my lower body is fine but 25 crunches just to begin my sexy abs

prepare for the new year.
sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 08:57 pm
@OGIONIK,
Go Ogionik...

Gymmed yesterday and today. That's a total of four workouts this week. Happy. Did some serious upper-body work today, happy about that too. (A little ouchie tho.)
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:00 pm
@OGIONIK,
Remember walking? walking's good.

Today at the new job was particularly sweet in a couple of ways. The best was running into one of my old workplace walking buddies from about a decade ago. After the hugging was over we agreed that we want to start up the lunch buddy/walking routine we used to have.

We used to take turns bringing lunch for both of us (2 days a week each), Fridays we were responsible for ourselves. It meant a lot more salads and tomato juices and good fruits, instead of high-calorie bought sandwiches. We walked first, then had good lunches. I'll bring my little step-counter on a not icy day, and figger out a couple of walks for us. Yay us!

(the set of hugs from another former co-worker was also nice - I've been hugged at least once each day this week by rediscovered former co-workers - this is kinda fun)
sozobe

Reply Fri 21 Nov, 2008 09:02 pm
@ehBeth,
That sounds fabulous! Exercise buddy AND good food. A winner all around.
jespah

Reply Sat 22 Nov, 2008 09:46 am
@sozobe,
Oh excellent, Beth!

I have the makings of a possible exercise bud but the details would have to be worked out as she's a bit far from here. But she has dogs! Might be something for now and then a lot later when snow is gone. I can't see commuting by car just to walk. Hmm.

PS Og -- walking will help even if you don't have to slim down -- you've said you've had some insomnia and this will help with that, plus the less fat on you the more defined your sexy abs are gonna be.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 05:06 am
@ehBeth,
I am so jealous. I am over here chopping up the celery and salad stuff for my lunch today and you, you have someone bringing your lunch. (A surprise every other day would be good for any one's soul.)

==
Got through five miles last night but just barely. I'm at about 910 miles and going to add a bunch on Thursday morning and Friday to fight off my brother and sister-in-law's Thanksgiving dinner. (All I have to haul to the meal is my butt.)
I don't think I've mentioned this here but I am doing crunches and Sun Salutations every morning (and a few (10) push-ups) All I want for Christmas is two twenty pound dumbbells.

I probably won't be back here until Saturday or Sunday. I want to wish everyone a deliriously Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow

Joe(You Canadians do it at your own pace whenever your day is.)Nation
sozobe

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 07:31 am
@Joe Nation,
Happy Thanksgiving all!

I gymmed Monday and Tuesday; intervals on treadmill Monday, and bicycle + weights yesterday. The intervals were harder than my initial "wow, this isn't so bad!" treadmill run of 1.25 miles. Went a total of 2.5 miles. I think (I'm not certain) 1.5 of it running at various speeds (6.0 to 7.5) for various distances (200 or 400).
OGIONIK

Reply Wed 26 Nov, 2008 08:17 am
@sozobe,
i am so slacking, wtf is wrong wiht me?

i need a bicycle or something so i can just go balls out watching cnn for an hour.;

SadSad i have a ******* BOWFLEX AKA BOWSHIT
jespah

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:46 pm
@OGIONIK,
Good exercise happened during the T day weekend (the weekend just started, I mean when RP and I were at his folks' place).

Wed: walked 35 mins
Thurs: walked 70 mins
today: walked 60 mins

My achilles tendons are barking. I'll do minimal cardio tomorrow (30 mins), then Sunday is my standard rest day and I want to keep that routine as it's been working for me. Burned about 4k calories this week, in all, which was definitely my goal for Thanksgiving (3.5k calories = 1 pound).
OGIONIK

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 04:49 pm
@jespah,
i am still slacking.

if i got laid id prolly have a whole lotta energy HAHA.

:/

*cries*
jespah

Reply Fri 28 Nov, 2008 05:23 pm
@OGIONIK,
Sweetie pie, get yer butt out there and do something.

Then do it again tomorrow.

Okay?
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Sat 29 Nov, 2008 06:37 am
Didn't go as far, but did go faster, than I had planned. More tonight on the way home and I am off tomorrow so I really want to finish off the month strong.

Joe(going to rain. Good, serves me right.)Nation

922 miles going to have to make a map for the finish at Central Park. (grin)