sozobe

Reply Sun 28 Dec, 2008 08:51 pm
@mac11,
Yikes mac!

Feel better soon.
0 Replies

Joe Nation

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:13 am
It's a wonderful thing being at the beach. Everything is flat, the morning breezes are breezes and before you know it six miles are behind you.

I did double one entry but I corrected that this morning. (I thought a 38 mile week was a bit much....didn't you?)

Looking forward to four more days of sunshine and flat sand.

Joe(be careful MAC!!)Nation
0 Replies

George

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 08:53 am
@mac11,
Quote:
...Just down the bike path to the armadillo statue and back...

Not too many people get to describe a route that way.

How are you feeling today?
jespah

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 10:53 am
@George,
Doesn't everyone have an armadillo statue?

Painting is good cardio. 65 minutes today, 416 calories burned. I am almost done with my usual goal for the week. Shocked

I'm a lil tired now.
caribou

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 12:00 pm
@jespah,
Wait! What?
Painting is exercise?
Damn, I better get back to work!
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 12:19 pm
@mac11,
Just saw this...

Hope you recover soon, mac.

As 2008 comes to an end I came back to look at my goals for 2008. It's a difficult thing to do. I was once very active but I didn't come close to completing my goals this year. I started regular chiropractic treatments for back spasms earlier this year and have recently been told to consider purchasing a single-story house or joint-replacement surgery for both knees. I'll need to do the knees eventually but the life expectancy of artificial knees is still only 10-15 years and it isn't a surgery I want to have more than once. We'll be looking to relocate once M is in school in another couple years so I'll try to hang in there in my multi-level house until then. I can no longer climb stairs without a handrail to pull myself up with. Nor can I drive Mr B's car with it's manual transmission -- too much stress on my knees to use the clutch.

My chronic back spasms are related to my bad knees. I don't walk right and I put too much emphasis on my hips and back to support my legs. I also sit too much (also a function of my knees) and have gained five pounds this year from lack of exercise and too much sitting. I still do upper-body strength training and occasionally push myself to walk but the walks are becoming less and less often. Oh well....

Heartfelt kudos to all who have done so much this year. Keep up the great work and may you all have an active, healthy 2009.
mac11

Reply Tue 30 Dec, 2008 01:26 pm
@JPB,
JPB, I wish you a healthier 2009. You deserve it.

I figured you guys would like the armadillo. Smile My hands are better today, and I'm less sore. I wimped out on the gym yesterday, but I'm planning to at least get on the bike today.
jespah

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:07 am
@mac11,
Oh definitely have a better '09, JPB.

Yeah, 'bou. Bending, stretching, reaching, lifting. Oof.
0 Replies

George

Reply Wed 31 Dec, 2008 10:52 am
Exercise Goals for 2009
0 Replies