xingu

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 06:58 am
kate4christ03 wrote:
Quote:
Nice job, kate.

thanks RL, but it seems my efforts were in vain. Its a complete waste of time to debate with people who refuse to actually look at the context of the scripture and the original language in which scripture is written.

Sorry but the original language of the scriptures is not available. If you think it is please tell us what the original language 2 Kings was written in and where we may find it.

As for the New testament I am quoting from the Bible. There are many different translations of the Bible. Perhaps you can tell us which translation holds to the 'original language' so we may see how it differs from the corrupted language I'm using.

Context is very clear in the quotes I have given you. The text speaks for itself. Your problem is you don't like certain parts of the Bible. You want to sweep it under the rug and only hold to those parts of the Bible that make you giddy.

But that's not the way it works, is it? It's an all or nothing deal. So when God says he created the sun, moon and all the stars in heaven AFTER he put flowering trees and plants on earth you have to accept it. It is the WORD, right?

And when God said he wanted to tear the fetuses out of the bellies of pregnant Sumerian women you have to believe that. It's the WORD of God and God is an angry God, you agree?
0 Replies

real life

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:02 am
xingu wrote:
Tolerance and freedom go hand in hand in most cases and I suppose, in your opinion, we have way to much of that stuff in America and Europe.

In case you hadn't noticed, America and Europe are the most tolerant and free societies on Earth. They are also the societies that have historically been Christian.

xingu wrote:
......... I may also point out that the Christian religion practiced torture and theft for over a thousand years in the name of God.

The Christian religion practices nothing. It is set of ideas.

People steal and torture, ideas do not.

Do you understand the difference between use and misuse?

xingu wrote:
You should try reading some history on the first settlers in America, their religion and how they treated the indians, all for the glory of God.

You should try proving your point that the Bible teaches theft and torture are ok. Oh , that's right it doesn't, so you can't.

Then go ahead and study up on the difference between use and misuse.

Or shall we discuss the millions murdered by atheistic regimes around the world as recently as the 20th century?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:10 am
Intrepid wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
I mean nothing of the sort. Your comprehension seems to be lacking.

Then be clear about it. You do or don't believe the bears are connected. Either way, back it up.

The "nobody knows" only works if nobody knows. You don't know, and it would sure be convieniant if others didn't know either.

It would be convieniant.

It would be.

Shame.

T
K
O

My comments were directed elsewhere. I owe you no answer to your incoherent post.

He asked you a simple question; do you or do you not believe the bears were connected.

Is it to hard for you to answer?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 07:25 am
real life wrote:
In case you hadn't noticed, America and Europe are the most tolerant and free societies on Earth. They are also the societies that have historically been Christian.

The governments of Europe and America are secular governments, not governments based on Biblical law. Isn't that what Huckabee wants to do? And he will get his butt trounced for it.

real life wrote:
The Christian religion practices nothing. It is set of ideas.

People steal and torture, ideas do not.

Do you understand the difference between use and misuse?

Your wrong. In the name of God they killed people of rival religions and stole land from what they considered pagans and barbarians. That was part of the Christian idea.

Quote:
You should try proving your point that the Bible teaches theft and torture are ok. Oh , that's right it doesn't, so you can't.

Sure you can, read the Bible. When Moses' people came out of the desert they slaughtered people to take their land. And I have already provided a quote from Revelation to show how God practices torture.

I suppose little virgin girls seeing their families slaughtered and being given to Jewish soldiers in 'marriage' is not torture.
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 11:05 am
xingu wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

Then be clear about it. You do or don't believe the bears are connected. Either way, back it up.

My comments were directed elsewhere. I owe you no answer to your incoherent post.

He asked you a simple question; do you or do you not believe the bears were connected.

As of late Intrepid has been having trouble comprehending his own words. Last month it was his position relative to government funding of Christmas celebrations.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:36 pm
xingu wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

The "nobody knows" only works if nobody knows. You don't know, and it would sure be convieniant if others didn't know either.

It would be convieniant.

It would be.

Shame.

T
K
O

I have already answered this.
0 Replies

Intrepid

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 01:37 pm
mesquite wrote:
xingu wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

As of late Intrepid has been having trouble comprehending his own words. Last month it was his position relative to government funding of Christmas celebrations.

...and this adds t the topic how?
0 Replies

aperson

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:03 pm
Real life,
Yes, ideas and misuse are separate things, but when ideas lead to wide, not just extremist, misuse, surely that says something about the ideas?

You say that America is tolerant. Have you not read the title of this thread? It is in America that the KKK are rising for a second time, not only condemning blacks as soulless animals, but now attack imigrants as well? In no other society do you see as much racism. And I think I know what it is due to.

Do you know that people used the Bible to justify slavery? Obviously not. People said that blacks were the descendands of Ham, whom God had condemned.

Also, slavery is ripe in the Bible. It's everywhere, and God does nothing to stop it, or even show any sign of objecting to it! In fact, slavery is used as a background part of more than one parable. The Bible = Freedom and Tolerance? Yeah right.

Did you also know that slavery exists in America? Africa, I can handle - they're up to their knees in sh!t, but America? The enlightened people? The greatest society on Earth? Christians?? Here is a the first of 211,000 results I found when typing "slavery in modern america" into Google.

You should try reading the Bible sometimes, real life. It will fill in a gaping hole in your education.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 03:20 pm
Quote:
Sorry but the original language of the scriptures is not available. If you think it is please tell us what the original language 2 Kings was written in and where we may find it.

as i said its hard to debate with people who wont study what they are debating. The ot was written in hebrew. I gave you the hebrew , the definition, other scripture to compare and the context of the scripture you were discussing. You can go (probably to any lexicon and find it for yourself) But you obviously ignored that whole post i wrote. And to me it seems as though you just want to rant about the bible. You don't know the bible, you dont study the bible and when you are given facts you ignore them. IF you want to appear somewhat knowledgable on a subject you are debating ...Study...otherwise just be honest, you don't want to debate, you just want to attack what you don't agree with.

AND people say Christians are intolerant Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

Pauligirl

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 05:12 pm
real life wrote:
[You should try proving your point that the Bible teaches theft and torture are ok. Oh , that's right it doesn't, so you can't.

A question....
What does "put them under saws, and under harrows of iron, and under axes of iron, and made them pass through the brick-kiln" mean?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 05:36 pm
Kate wrote:
You don't know the bible, you dont study the bible and when you are given facts you ignore them.

I know enough from reading that particular scripture that young lads or children were mauled or killed by bears for, as you say, scoffing God. So can we agree that God kills or causes great harm to those that scoff him?
0 Replies

xingu

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 05:40 pm
BTW Kate, does it matter if they were children or young lads? The fate is the same.

If you are so defensive about your loving God killing innocent children how do you explain all the deaths of babies, children and fetuses in pregnant women your loving God commanded and approved of?
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 05:47 pm
The plain and simple fact is this: God destroys the wicked. We may not like it. We may not agree with it but that is just the way it is.

Why do you continually point out the old covenant and not the new? You complain because you think God is angry and malicious and yet, when confronted with the New Testament and how these things are not in there, you still aren't happy?

God is what God is.
0 Replies

kate4christ03

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 05:59 pm
Quote:
So can we agree that God kills or causes great harm to those that scoff him?

God is Holy, Sovereign, and Creator of All. In the ot, (by law) for the jews, those that blasphemed or mocked God could be subject to death. This may sound harsh but they followed and agreed with it. And these young jewish men(as i pointed out; they were not children) were verbally attacking a prophet of God, which was a mockery to God. And it was Gods judgement that they die.
But this same God that saw fit to kill young men for blasphemy also saw fit to come in the flesh and die on a cross for all of us.
Quote:
If you are so defensive about your loving God killing innocent children how do you explain all the deaths of babies, children and fetuses in pregnant women your loving God commanded and approved of?
Im not defensive. It truly doesn't upset me what others say about the bible or my faith. The only thing that is aggravating is the fact that you clearly don't want an intelligent debate, you just want to bash the bible.
0 Replies

Diest TKO

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 06:43 pm
Intrepid wrote:
xingu wrote:
Intrepid wrote:
Diest TKO wrote:
Intrepid wrote:

It would be convieniant.

It would be.

Shame.

T
K
O

I have already answered this.

All you have done is assured us that you aren't qualified to be a part of this discussion.

YES or NO, did god send the bears?

T
K
O
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:21 pm
Arella Mae wrote:
The plain and simple fact is this: God destroys the wicked. We may not like it. We may not agree with it but that is just the way it is.

The Bible is replete with examples of innocents going down to your gods hissy fits.

Arella Mae wrote:
Why do you continually point out the old covenant and not the new? You complain because you think God is angry and malicious and yet, when confronted with the New Testament and how these things are not in there, you still aren't happy?

The Old Testament pointed out because it is still relevant . It is the foundation for the New, and Christians such as yourself still freely pick and chose verses from it while attempting to force their morals upon the rest of us. To wit...

Arella Mae wrote:
Shazzer,

I am taking a quick break here and thought I would jot down some verses for you.

Joshua 24:15

But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your forefathers served beyond the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in who land you are living...

Deuteronomy 30:19

Now choose life, so that you and your children may live and that you may love the Lord your God, listen to His voice, and hold fast to Him.

http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1496244#1496244

Arella Mae wrote:
And as to taking God's laws out completely? Well, look at Sodom and Gomorrah, that is exactly what they did. They threw away God's laws and practiced every kind of immorality imaginable. But still, God would have spared the city if there were only ten righteous in it. There were not! So, I totally disagree with you on that point. God's laws, legal, then man. That is my stand on that and it won't change.
http://www.able2know.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=1495727#1495727

However the New is also referenced, as Xingu did several times in the last few pages. See here Revelation and here Mathew & 2 Thessalonians.

Arella Mae wrote:
God is what God is.

No argument there, and the Bible says what the Bible says.
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:25 pm
I don't see anyone forcing a single thing on you or anyone else Mesquite. It's a discussion! No one is standing there holding a gun to your head making you read any of this are they?
0 Replies

mesquite

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:33 pm
Those quotes of yours are from the Abortion thread Arella. Are you saying that you are not doing everything in your power to change the US laws regarding abortion?
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:37 pm
Arella Mae wrote:

God is what God is.

I know a bit of wicked, and God has not helped much....

Exactly where of late has this been occurring?

RH
0 Replies

Arella Mae

Reply Sun 27 Jan, 2008 08:41 pm
Oh good grief Mesquite, not this again! Show me in the constitution where it says I cannot base my vote on whatever the heck I want to base it on? Until then, you have no leg to stand on as far as I'm concerned. I don't consider those voting for abortion or same sex marriage as forcing their morals on me. They have a right to vote however they want. You take offense at my vote. I don't take offense at yours.

God's timing rockhead, not yours and not mine. :wink:
0 Replies