Are there any women out there that don't cheat?

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 10:34 am
I have been married three times. All my ex's cheated on me. Okay I can hear the wheels turning. "He must not have been a good lover", "maybe he was abusive", "maybe his 'equipment' was inadequate". All sounds like problems that can infiltrate a marriage, but not excuses for cheating. No one but you can make you cheat. He being a bad lover does not drop your panties at any opportunity. No one can make you cheat. I have spoken to quite a few men and most have been cheated on. We just don't go on "Oprah" and talk about it. After watching many shows on "Maury" where the woman is trying to determine which guy could be the father, I have come to the conclusion that women are genetically unable to practice fidelity. In case you are wondering I was faithful to my vows.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,157 • Replies: 17
No top replies

contrex

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 11:25 am
My partner has, to my certain knowledge, been faithful to me for all of the 15 years we have been together. As I have to her.

PS It is unwise to get your ideas about human nature from trashy TV shows.

PPS Maybe she knew you only wanted her for 50% of her house?
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 11:25 am
While I can understand your bitterness, I worry about your perspective.

Some women cheat. Some men cheat.
Some of either sex never cheat.

It's not just a female thing.

If you have been married to three cheaters, then instead of thinking that all women are cheaters, you should be asking yourself what it is that attracted you to these women to begin with. Are you attracted to the wrong type of woman?
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 11:31 am
shawanga: my sincere sympathies to you on your unfortunate history in relationships. I have no idea how 3 relationships can fail like that with 3 infidelities. That is a tough nut to crack and that you'll have to work out. I make no judgement about what you may or may not have done in the relationship. no one deserves to be cheated on.

Something to think about: Women are no more (or less) prone to cheating in relationships than men. the fact is that anyone might consider cheating if they're not getting what they want in a relationship. The fact that 3 of your marriages had infidelities is not proof of the whole gender's proneness toward cheating.

Personally, at age 57 I've been married twice and have had 3 serious committed relationships after my last marriage 14 yrs ago. As I mentioned the only time there was ever cheating by any partner is when I was separated from wife number one. I do not make blanket statements about fidelity based on my experience except to say that I see no evidence that women are not more prone to this than are men.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 11:32 am
I read somewhere that of all the animals on the planet, including man, the common caribou is most likely to have an affair.
0 Replies

Ragman

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 11:33 am
What is it about Caribou Maine that makes them want to cheat? Are people there all common?
0 Replies

martybarker

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 11:34 am
To answer your question, I have never cheated on my ex-husband. Can't remember back far enough to say that about old boyfriends but I don't think that I did even in my immaturity.
0 Replies

TTH

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 12:00 pm
I can honestly say I have never cheated on my spouse or prior boyfriends.

caribou made a good point.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 12:39 pm
Shawanga--

You've made a point of being very nasty to several total strangers. This sort of behavior says something about your intra-personal skills.
0 Replies

contrex

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:26 pm
Shawanga, I checked out your other posts! Boy, you are a piece of work! The way you behave to other people, and the rod you have up your ass, if I were your wife, would make me have sex with just about anybody just as long as it wasn't you! The pool cleaner, the gardener, the guy at the gas station, and believe me, I'd laugh while I was doing it!
0 Replies

Shawanga

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 01:49 pm
Thank You
I thank everyone for their perspectives. I realize I am somewhat jaded, but I am what I am. However, anyone that can blame the person that was cheated on for the cheater will probably blame the raped for the actions of the rapist.
0 Replies

caribou

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 02:12 pm
Hey, it's the holidays.
It must be hard for you.

But coming on a forum and attacking people because you are in pain, is NOT the answer.

You need to find another way of dealing.
If you want to talk about it, there are some nice, kind and wise people here.

If you want to get angrier, just keep being mean and that's what you will get.

Happy Holidays.
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 02:49 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I read somewhere that of all the animals on the planet, including man, the common caribou is most likely to have an affair.

On the other extreme, the rhinocerous beetle grub remains entirely monogamous.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Mon 24 Dec, 2007 04:26 pm
I don't cheat, but I've been cheated on, so there!

You might wanna get a grip and take a good look at YOUR choices in women before you start slinging us all in the same pot ;-)
0 Replies

Shawanga

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 11:21 am
Montana, You may be right maybe I am looking in the wrong pools. Unfortunately I have decided to limit my choices to human females. Therefore I only have cheaters to choose from.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 12:26 pm
I use to feel the same about men.

You're obviously bitter and I know that feeling all too well, but time healed my bitterness and hopefully for you, it will heal yours as well.

I don't belong in that pot you're throwing all us women into and I know countless of women who aren't melting in that pot either.

I haven't been involved with a man for almost 9 years now and it's because of the bitterness and the fact that I needed to take that time to heal and be sure I don't make the same bad choices in men than I had in the past.

Now, I've healed and my eyes are wide open so that I can see better what's in front of me.

If I ever get involved with anyone again, it'll be a very slow process and I'll never jump into another relationship again without being totally and completely aware of who I'm jumping into.

Still there's no guarantees, but no more jumping the gun.

Good luck to you, seriously!
0 Replies

baddog1

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 01:16 pm
Shawanga makes the point (and I agree) that no behavior forces a spouse to cheat. So if Shawange is as disrespectful as some indicate - his wives still had no right to commit adultery.

It is most likely that Montana is correct in her thought that Shawanga should take a longer, harder look at the women he is choosing. (And therefore himself - to find out WHY he is choosing those types.) As she indicates - it takes a long time to recover after a bad relationship and a long time to get to know another person. Unfortunately; even then, there is no guarantee of fidelity.

As to the original question by Shawanga; I agree with others, that males & females cheat.
0 Replies

makemeshiver33

Reply Fri 11 Jan, 2008 01:31 pm
I agree with what Montana said...
Quote:
You might wanna get a grip and take a good look at YOUR choices in women before you start slinging us all in the same pot

I'm going to tell you like I told a good friend of mine that cusses all men.

Maybe you need to stop and look at the quality of women you have been choosing from, instead of continually picking from Group A, lets look over here at Group B, C or D....

All women are not same, and neither are all men.......and that's something that I have drilled into her head. Just because husband one was an dope headed unemployed ass, along with husband two, doesn't mean the next one that comes along will be, unless you choose to pick one just the first and second husband. Lets move over into another catergory, and stop choosing the losers you've chosen in the past.

And for your information, I've been married for over 20 years and have been a faithful wife.
0 Replies