The 82nd Rainforest Thread ~

sumac

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 02:34 pm
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 05:05 pm
Just popping in to say hello. Hope everyone is having a nice day.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Mon 21 Apr, 2008 08:07 pm
Hi Alex and all the WildClickers - good to see you all!

I clicked before I left for dance class but forgot to record the totals Evil or Very Mad booo me!

Spring is springing here - I turned the furnace off yesterday - a full month ahead of last year. I'm not impressed.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 12:40 am
Morning all. Anyone reading the articles I post? Or previous posts of others?
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 01:13 am
sumac, I read all your posts - you have the right to post anything you want on this thread except bad words and bad words about the pres and his father. Mostly, his father. When that one dies the bunch dies too.

Exept for the mystery one - Preston. You should all research him. Just Google Preston Bush.

Thanks for saving another tree today.
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 01:42 am
Morning, Danon. You sure are up early, as am I. Or is it still up? Restless night for Patti? I will google Preston, when I remember to do it. Maybe he is the 'good sheep' of the family.

I am trying to figure out what plants to order from a catalog. Have had good rains recently, the City of Durham now lets us water 3 hours a week as their lakes and reservoirs are filling, and spring is a hopeful time always.
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 08:33 am
Beth, you're allowed missing one day of the year for posting stats. Smile

Hi Alex

sue, i read all of your articles!

Cap and trade is a regulatory program where the gov sets a cap on the volumn of harmful emissions that can be released to the enviornment. So all the program does is distributes the rights for allowed emissions - doesn't give any incentive for improving technology or banning harmful toxins.

Dan, we've given gwb way to many compliments, imo. If we started really talking about the 'redeeming qualities' of that family - we'd be banned from every forum on the net.

http://rainforest.care2.com/i?p=583091674
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 10:38 am
Good, Dan and Stradee. Then I will continue to post those that I think are of possible interest to someone here.

Clicked.
0 Replies

alex240101

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 04:59 pm
Happy earth day.
Planted a few trees this past weekend. In Michigan are ash trees are rapidly being destroyed by the Emerald ash borer. I have about twelve trees on my property that are going to have to come down.
Everyone, have a nice day.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 05:07 pm
alex240101 wrote:
Happy earth day.
Planted a few trees this past weekend. In Michigan are ash trees are rapidly being destroyed by the Emerald ash borer. I have about twelve trees on my property that are going to have to come down.
Everyone, have a nice day.

Same to you and everyone in the group! Just clicked! Cool
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 05:08 pm
Sue - I read the articles and follow the links - though I'm sometimes weeks behind.

EarthDay! I'll have to think of something extra special to do tonight to celebrate/acknowledge the day.

Good to see a few folks around - we're missing a few regulars - and then there are the silent lurkers - clicking and reading.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 05:55 pm
aktbird57 - You and your 300 friends have supported 2,884,768.1 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 206,708.0 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 300 friends have supported: (206,708.0)

American Prairie habitat supported: 65,476.9 square feet.
You have supported: (16,036.5)
Your 300 friends have supported: (49,440.4)

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,612,583.2 square feet.
You have supported: (186,922.9)
Your 300 friends have supported: (2,425,660.3)

~~~

leaderboard is out of commission so I've done my own calculation Confused

66.225 acres

http://www.searchtrends.org/images/earthday.jpg
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 06:22 pm
Good estimate, ehBeth.

Yes, I'm staying up late lately to keep Patti company - she is in one of her episodes of sleeping all day and awakening at about the time I usually go to bed. I have tried to keep her company. Almost all her past friends have gone by the way side. One even told her that it was because she didn't like to visit sick people - to me, that was really crass. That particular one was the one I told you all about when Patti was talking to her about the advantages of Yoga - and, the lady said to her, "That ain't Christian!" and, I said to her - "Neither was Jesus Christ." I don't think she really understood.

Reminds me of one of my old understandings in life = "If a person is so left or right of any issue that they cannot discuss the middle ground - then the person is crazy."

To me, the most dangerous person on Earth is a religous fanatic. Just look at what we are experiencing in the Middle East for example.

Good clicking all you great Wildclickers!!!

One more tree smiling today. Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Stradee

Reply Tue 22 Apr, 2008 09:17 pm
Dan, some people just don't 'get it' - and that's very sad because they seem to miss the meaning of friendship and caring.

Recall when mom slept most of the day, and stayed up most of the night - the vcr was a good way to keep her occupied {she loved old movies} and i'd sit with her, we'd chat about the theme of the films, etc. Her favorite tv show was "The Golden Girls" and luckily the network aired reruns late at night after the program had been cancelled.

I'd be in the kitchen fixing mom a snack, and could hear her laughing at the antic of the 'girls'. to funny
Then after a few hours {and after winning every Scrabble game} she'd say 'Honey, you look tired'...{no, really???} then suggest i go nynite. Gotta love moms.

Sunday, a family member called to tell me our Uncle of 95 yrs {mom's bro} passed away from complications caused by phnemonia. The last remaining elder from my moms side of the family, a devoted brother and dear, dear, man - will be missed by all.

Hang in there, Dan. You're doing a marvelous job!

My very best wishes to you and your Pattie. Smile
0 Replies

sumac

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:37 am
It is so very true that people have a hard time sorting through their own emotions and figuring out what to do, how to behave, regarding extreme ill health. Avoidance is so easy, but so very painful, with the sense of abandonment and wondering whether you were really cared for in the first place. I am so sorry.

Going to go click.
0 Replies

teenyboone

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 12:53 pm
danon5 wrote:
Good estimate, ehBeth.

Yes, I'm staying up late lately to keep Patti company - she is in one of her episodes of sleeping all day and awakening at about the time I usually go to bed. I have tried to keep her company. Almost all her past friends have gone by the way side. One even told her that it was because she didn't like to visit sick people - to me, that was really crass. That particular one was the one I told you all about when Patti was talking to her about the advantages of Yoga - and, the lady said to her, "That ain't Christian!" and, I said to her - "Neither was Jesus Christ." I don't think she really understood.

Reminds me of one of my old understandings in life = "If a person is so left or right of any issue that they cannot discuss the middle ground - then the person is crazy."

To me, the most dangerous person on Earth is a religous fanatic. Just look at what we are experiencing in the Middle East for example.

Good clicking all you great Wildclickers!!!

One more tree smiling today. Very Happy Very Happy

I got it, Dan! Right away! I met a former priest, turned buddhist, years ago. I began to look at Christianity differently, through him. So glad I had an open mind! Hope Patti gets better. I'm on the mend from gall bladder surgery, a week ago. Still don't feel like myself, yet, but I'm all clicked! :wink:
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 04:44 pm
G'day WildClickers. Home and clicked.

You and your 300 friends have supported 2,885,025.6 square feet!

Marine Wetlands habitat supported: 206,871.9 square feet.
You have supported: (0.0)
Your 300 friends have supported: (206,871.9)

American Prairie habitat supported: 65,500.3 square feet.
You have supported: (16,036.5)
Your 300 friends have supported: (49,463.8)

Rainforest habitat supported: 2,612,653.4 square feet.
You have supported: (186,946.3)
Your 300 friends have supported: (2,425,707.1)

an 1882 Arbor Day graphic

http://www.foresthistory.org/Education/Curriculum/graphics/1882arbordaygirls.gif
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 04:51 pm
I was looking around for some music for Patti - and got a bit distracted - sorry Patti Embarrassed

found this for the WildClickers

Bruce Cockburn - if a tree falls in the forest - on Youtube
0 Replies

danon5

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 05:22 pm
Thanks, ehBeth and all. Reminds me of something I heard years ago, "If a woman speaks and no man is around, is she still correct?" Very Happy And, "Men are from Mars - Women are still looking for intelligent life on Earth." Very Happy Very Happy

teeny, I like your post re the priest. Did I mention to you that in Bangkok, Thailand there is a tree that was planted directly from the original Bodhi tree that Siddhartha Gautama - the founder of Buddhism sat under in N. India. I sat briefly under the one in Bangkok.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bodhi_Tree

Great clicking all.
0 Replies

Amigo

Reply Wed 23 Apr, 2008 10:28 pm
Click
0 Replies