Toyota vs. Honda

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 05:43 pm
They are both great car makers, but if you had your choice which would you vote for? Honda or Toyota?

Please cast your vote and explain the reason behind your preference, si vous plait.....
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 9,768 • Replies: 37
Topic Closed
No top replies

littlek

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 05:50 pm
I've had both. I like both. They're different, but I think equal.
0 Replies

lmur

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:04 pm
No preference here - but it gives me the opportunity to post this old chestnut.

What's red, hard and throbs between your legs?

A Honda 50.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:36 pm
Gee, then I guess a lot of people would prefer Hondas, Imur. Razz

Interesting, though. So far, most people seem to think they are about equal. I'm having a difficult time trying to decide which one I think is best.
0 Replies

shewolfnm

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:40 pm
I voted for Toyota but that is because I currently own one and have had excellent luck with it.

I have owned a Honda before, but I bought it second hand and had alot of problems. Those problems were more than likely due to lack of care on the previous owner's part
0 Replies

ossobuco

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:42 pm
I've owned them both. I had an early Honda Civic, back in the seventies; sold it three years later for the same money I paid for it. I liked it just fine, except that it tended to spin out in the rain, which may or may not be related to those particular tires or their pressure. I've never heard of that with Hondas since, and wouldn't at all have qualms about a new one.

Bought a new Toyota Celica and loved it dearly, kept it thirteen years. Few problems, easily fixable.

I'l choose Toyota as a very slight preference based on that, and for a bias towards the looks of my old Celica - I'm not familiar with the looks of new Hondas or Toyotas enough to have an informed opinion on that - and looks would be secondary if there was a strong difference in car performance, etc.
0 Replies

Phoenix32890

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 06:47 pm
We have had a Toyota Camry, a Cressida, and four Honda Accords. The Toyota is a great car. One of the advantages over the Honda is that it is quieter.

My husband and I each have an Accord. I would never want anything better. The reason that we left Toyota was that the service department was very sleazy. They never found much wrong with the car (we kept the Toyotas for a number of years), until the warranty went off. Then, boom, they found all sorts of things wrong.
0 Replies

Chumly

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 07:14 pm
I would give the mod to Honda because of its long and vital history plus the amazing versatility of the Honda motor company, yet I think to some degree Honda may be resting on its laurels and I suspect that the modern Toyota has a slightly better drive-train on average.
0 Replies

Chai

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 07:21 pm
I'm a Toyota girl.

Good little car, reliable, good on gas, and from what I've seen, the Toyota is cheapter than the Honda.

I like its looks better too.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 07:23 pm
Toyota, I find the fit and finish as well as body work/sheet metal to be far superior on the toyota. The drive train/engineering seem to me comparable.
0 Replies

ehBeth

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:00 pm
Honda.

The windshields on Toyotas have an angle that freaks me out. I keep thinking I'm going to whack my head on the windshield. I've rented a few Toyotas over the years while considering a purchase. Back to Honda I went.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:19 pm
I chose Honda because of Toyota's transmission problems. Otherwise, they would be fairly equal.
0 Replies

Chumly

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:24 pm
Toyota engine sludge
0 Replies

Rockhead

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:28 pm
Honda's hybrids are repackaged Toyotas....

and they both beat hell out of anything else in their market...

Damn industrious Japanese anyway....
0 Replies

martybarker

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:31 pm
What a co-inky-dink. I just purchased a 98 Honda Civic for my daughter's first car. Seriously, it's been in my posession for about 3 hours.

While shopping though I had narrowed my search down to a Honda or a Toyota. I hear very good things about both.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:38 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
I chose Honda because of Toyota's transmission problems. Otherwise, they would be fairly equal.

Honda has had transmission issues too.

I don't know. If I were going to buy a compact, I'd take the civic over the corolla any day(too boring). Accord vs. Camry: always liked the accord better until the current Camry came out. Driving a new Camry now, and it's a great car for what it is. Now the new Accord is out, I'd have to drive it to compare.

Then sports cars. The Toyota's last generation Supra was an amazing car, then Honda has the S2000 which is a totally different kind of sports car. I'd probably still take a clean 97 Supra twin turbo over a new S2000.

Toss up. Because neither company really makes anything exciting right now anyway. Going back I always favored Hondas though.

If I were to go out and spend my money on a basic mid-sized family sedan, I'd definitely consider the new Chevy Malibu.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:55 pm
You got GM stock Slappy?

or expecting a family....
0 Replies

Chumly

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 09:57 pm
Naw.......he just likes bench seats.
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Mon 17 Dec, 2007 10:29 pm
Well first off, I would never go buy either an accord, camry or malibu. But the malibu got great reviews, and the interior blows away the camry's. Kind of rooting for GM that it'll help turn things around.
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Tue 18 Dec, 2007 10:03 pm
It looks like Honda's leading slightly in the poll, but it's a close race.

I've had a Honda Civic for a few years now, and it drives like a dream. But my mom has a Toyota Camry that really rocks too. She's had it for several years and it's hardly ever had a problem. It's still in great shape.

So, I was thinking that the next time I get a car, I'd go for an Accord or a Camry, if possible. I was curious what the opinions would be here.

I voted for No Preference, but to be honest, I think I might lean slightly towards Honda -- only because of my own experience with owning one.

No doubt about it -- Honda and Toyota are hard to beat if you want a good, reliable car -- one that really gives you your money's worth.

You can drive and drive and drive a Honda or Toyota for years -- until you get sick of driving it! Smile

Quote:
Kind of rooting for GM that it'll help turn things around.

Yeah, GM used to be great once upon a time, no?
0 Replies