My Office Christmas Party Haul

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:19 am
I went to my office Christmas party tonight.

We had dinner at a very nice restrunt that I liked real bad. The food was excellent, and the waiter kept pouring champagne into my glass as fast as I could drink it. That was pretty fast. In fact, typing this post is difficult at the moment.

Here's what we each got from our boss and his wife:

1) Christmas bonus check (the best gift of all)
2) Big box o' Godiva chocolates
3) Angel Christmas ornament

Then we had our gift exchange. Everyone got several chances to pick a gift. One of my favorite things I got is a leopard print throw blanket, because I love blankies.

But, as well as a couple of other little things, I hauled off and picked two of the biggest presents. One was a big ol' basket of bath and body products: bubble bath, bath salts, bath soak, bath powder, creme bath, body scrub, body spray, body lotion, hand lotion, foot powder and a pretty soap dispenser.

I'm going to have a lot of fun with that stuff. I had no idea there were so many things you could use when you take a bath.

Then I got a big basket o' food: camembert, smoked mozzarella baguettes, merlot olives, biscotti, amaretti, garlic cheese crackers, cinnamon french twist, dark chocolate orange cocoa mix, chocolate wafer rolls, coconut cookies, pear tea, as well as a couple of other things.

Now I'm beginning to think that maybe I shouldn't have picked two of the biggest presents. Although, everybody got an equal chance to choose the gifts. But maybe I was a little greedy. Embarrassed

(spreads camembert on cracker) ....mmmm...........then again, maybe not. Cool

Anyways, how did you make out at your office Christmas party. Didya get a good haul?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,108 • Replies: 15
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:29 am
Can I go with you next year?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:32 am
Mumpad work xmas party

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/MSCXmas2007004.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/MSCXmas2007009.jpg

http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a40/dadpad/MSCXmas2007011.jpg
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:33 am
Hee! Sure, marty! I think I made out pretty well, no?

I'm going to stick with these people as long as I can! Smile
0 Replies

Stray Cat

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:35 am
dadpad, it looks like there's a lot of gifts on the table. Can I have the biggest one? Laughing
0 Replies

YellowRosebud

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 07:47 pm
You made out well! I missed our Christmas gift exchange at work. It was a white elephant party and we couldn't spend more than $10. So i was going to just write down the online coupon code for $10 off 1-800 flowers. I thought that would be cute. So I'll just give it to you guys instead so you can keep raking in.

Promo: all2u
http://www.1800flowers.com/refer.do?r=hall2uhp
0 Replies

Green Witch

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 07:52 pm
Gee Stray Cat you did good. At my last office party all I got was a pair of knitted leg warmers (that sort of dates it).

So Dadpad, does your wife work at a pink shirt factory?
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:03 pm
Since the company's corporate office I work for is in Omaha NE, and I'm in Boston, no xmas party to attend. And that's just fine with me.
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:06 pm
I dj'd a great Chrismas party last night. they were serving a red that was so good I tracked down the distributor and ordered some today.

Nice fee, great food, big gratuity.

What a friend we have in Jesus.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:21 pm
What the hell is an office?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 09:57 pm
dadpad - is your wife drinking a bottle of soy sauce?
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 12:24 am
Dadpad, my question is, why are all the women over here and all the men over there. Don't you guys mingle with your women over there in them parts?
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 12:39 am
Green Witch wrote:

So Dadpad, does your wife work at a pink shirt factory?

Completely coincidental I assure you but much frivolity ensued because they all dressed the same. black 3/4 length pants and black shoes too if I'm not mistaken.

Mame wrote:
dadpad - is your wife drinking a bottle of soy sauce?

1. Not my wife. Although many many years ago I did go out with her. (wife doesnt know that)
2. That woman is holding a stubby holder, to keep drinks cold.

Montana wrote:
Dadpad, my question is, why are all the women over here and all the men over there. Don't you guys mingle with your women over there in them parts?

Just the timing of the photos Montana.
0 Replies

Montana

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 01:14 am
Ok, just checkin.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 11:18 am
Big office party - big spread of food and all the beer and wine you want to drink in a two hour window - they close the bar at 7:00 to keep people from getting too crazy, that happens at the after the party parties. I went and had my share, avoided the after parites as that is where it gets ugly. It was a good thing because the next day (party was on a Thursday) there were some ugly looking people. I did hear the stories of course.

Today is the department party - pizza and salad from the VPs on up and the rest of us slops each bring in desert, appertizers, breakfast, drinks. Not too bad of a spread. I'll let you all know how the yankee swap goes last year. This year I submitted the present I received last year as it s*cked (as a joke). I also included a very nice bottle of wine.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 02:53 pm
Didn't do too bad - ended up with sambvca which is one of the few liquors that I like quite a bit.
0 Replies