English to Spanish translation for my GF's parents...?

Reply Fri 14 Dec, 2007 04:07 pm
Hi all!

I'm going to send a Christmas card to my girlfriends parents, and while I do speak Spanish (I'm Puerto Rican, as is she), my spelling and grammar aren't all that hot, so here I am Very Happy

Anyway, I'd like to write the following in a Christmas card to them, and would really appreciate any help anyone may be able to provide. Thanks a bunch, and happy holidays!

"I hope you and your family have a very merry Christmas! It has been a pleasure to get to know Angela, and it's clear that her kind demeanor and beautiful personality were the result of having been raised by parents who love her dearly and raised her well.

I'm looking forward to meeting you both and presenting myself as someone worthy of your daughter's affection and your respect. Stay blessed, and have a very happy new year! "

Can anyone help me with a translation of the above to Spanish?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 2,387 • Replies: 3
No top replies

jespah

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 10:21 am
This is out of Babelfish but it looks pretty good per my took-Spanish-for-four-years-but-it-was-before-you-were-born eyes:

Quote:
¡Espero que ustédes y su familia tengan una Feliz Navidad muy! Ha sido un placer familiarizarse con Angela, y está claro que su demeanor bueno y personalidad hermosa eran el resultado de ser levantado por los padres que la aman querido y el ser levantado le bien.

Estoy mirando adelante a satisfacerle ambo y a presentarse como alguien digno del afecto y de su respecto de su hija. ¡Permanezca bendecido, y tenga una Feliz Año Nuevo muy!

You may need to transfer some singular "you" words to plurals; I did that in the first sentence but may have missed something. Obviously you are writing to ustedes versus usted.
0 Replies

Francis

Reply Sat 15 Dec, 2007 12:10 pm
Good try, Jespah! But grammatically, well, very "difficult".

Here is my try:

Espero que tengan, asi como vuestra familia, una muy feliz navidad.
Ha sido un placer conocer Angela.
Es claro que sus buenas maneras y su bonita personalidad son el fruto del amor de sus padres y de la manera cómo fue educada.
Estoy ansioso de conocerlos a ustedes y mostrarles que soy digno del afecto de vuestra hija y de vuestro respecto.
Benditos séan y tengan un muy feliz año nuevo!
0 Replies

JustanObserver

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 10:05 pm
Thanks guys, her parents just got the card today, and it scored MAJOR points!

Happy holidays! Very Happy
0 Replies