Year end Reviews/Bonus

hamburger

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:29 pm
linkat :
you sure are in a tough spot .
what our company did in some "outhiring" cases is , they paid for one of those outhiring outfits to do the job . personally i think they are a bit of a sham , they charge a lot of money and do very little for it , but at least they give the company some protection against potential lawsuits - i assume ???

speaking of "his mother thinks he is a good boy" , makes my memory wander - all the way back more than 50 years to germany Shocked
an older fellow i was working with (he must have been about 50 - that was old to me in those days ) , told the boss that his MIL thought that he was entitled to a promotion .
so the boss came back from a magement meeting and told the fellow : "i fought like a lion for you , unfortunately in vain! " . the poor fellow was rather devasted , but we - as uncaring and uncouth young fellows , who were not under MIL's orders - thought it was rather hilarious .
i'm sure such an approach wouldn't fly any more - particularly in germany .
hbg
0 Replies

Bi-Polar Bear

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 12:33 pm
One year squinney and I had an employee party at our home (in better times)... I gave out bonus checks and one of the guys looked at it and said "Oh.... in a check... so we have to pay taxes on it" I snatched it out of his hand, tore it in half and told him now he didn't have to worry and Merry Christmas.

Don't feel bad about this guy Linkat. Screw him.
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 01:09 pm
Bi-Polar Bear wrote:
One year squinney and I had an employee party at our home (in better times)... I gave out bonus checks and one of the guys looked at it and said "Oh.... in a check... so we have to pay taxes on it" I snatched it out of his hand, tore it in half and told him now he didn't have to worry and Merry Christmas.

Don't feel bad about this guy Linkat. Screw him.

That's great! There is always one person that can't be happy with getting something extra. Whatever it is. The company gives a dinner party - jeepers we didn't get lobster. I got a similar response from a direct report that got the largest bonus. Nice, but they take out so much in taxes. yeah well how about nothing! Then another guy who didn't get near as much thanks me for my time and says how much appreciates how thorough my review is.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 01:41 pm
Quote:
Then another guy who didn't get near as much thanks me for my time and says how much appreciates how thorough my review is.

you can't win them all ... but at least you did win one Exclamation :wink:
hbg
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Tue 18 Dec, 2007 04:59 pm
I used to feel insulted by the xmas bonus the dealership I worked at gave. There weren't a lot of employees, I was underpaid with no benefits(even though I negotiated a stipend for it), no car, and our extended warranty rep would give me three times what the dealer did. Now looking back, I was way more underpaid then I originally thought.

Got my review/bonus coming mid-Jan. Looks like my region has a very good shot of hitting max bonus. Let's see if they find any way to ding us otherwise.

Always positive thinking, eh?
0 Replies

Linkat

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 11:23 am
Slappy Doo Hoo wrote:
I used to feel insulted by the xmas bonus the dealership I worked at gave. There weren't a lot of employees, I was underpaid with no benefits(even though I negotiated a stipend for it), no car, and our extended warranty rep would give me three times what the dealer did. Now looking back, I was way more underpaid then I originally thought.

Got my review/bonus coming mid-Jan. Looks like my region has a very good shot of hitting max bonus. Let's see if they find any way to ding us otherwise.

Always positive thinking, eh?

Hey - you shouldn't be disappointed than.
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 11:36 am
Linkat wrote:
What do you think the chances are that he is unstable? I always worry about these sorts of individuals snapping and then showing up with some heavy artillery.

He doesn't spell funny, does he?
0 Replies

DrewDad

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 12:11 pm
Sounds like the guy's trying to whine his way to a bonus.

On the one hand, it never hurts to ask.

On the other, the manner in which you ask can be pretty stupid.
0 Replies