Is it good grammar to say ...

fansy

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 06:01 pm
Today I went to have my physical checkup. My doctor warned me repeatedly of the harms caused by insufficient sleep and overuse of my eyes. For more than a year I have been on diet, eating vegetarian food and I have being doing hard workout everyday, yet without having produced any effect on reducing my mild fatty liver!

Please check the bold-faced part. Thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 543 • Replies: 5
No top replies

Roberta

Reply Sat 8 Dec, 2007 06:55 pm
Re: Is it good grammar to say ...
fansy wrote:
Today I went to have my physical checkup. My doctor warned me repeatedly of the harms caused by insufficient sleep and overuse of my eyes. For more than a year I have been on diet, eating vegetarian food and I have being doing hard workout everyday, yet without having produced any effect on reducing my mild fatty liver!

Please check the bold-faced part. Thanks.

For more than a year I have been on a vegetarian diet, and I have being working out hard every day. Neither the diet nor the workouts have had any effect on reducing my mild fatty liver.

Not sure if "mild fatty liver" is okay. Never heard of this problem.

Note: "Everyday" is one word only when it serves as an adjective--an everyday event. Otherwise, it's two words.
0 Replies

flyhighsky

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 05:15 am
As far as I am concerned,I quite strongly agree with what Roberta just said,the mentioned above.
0 Replies

dadpad

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 05:20 am
"reducing my mild fatty liver" is wrong. This structure seems to indicate a reduction of the size of the liver itself.

"reducing my liver problems" is better.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 07:22 am
Or "fatty liver condition".
0 Replies

Slappy Doo Hoo

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 08:39 am
The title should read, "Is this wicked pissah grammar?"
0 Replies