Commitment, Experimentation, Jealousy...

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:31 am
Well, I better start at the beginning and give you a few details.

My boyfriend and I have been going out for 8 months now. We moved in together a couple of months back, with his bro (there was a load of stuff went on then, his brother slagged his gf off and she left, bro moved next gf in...etc. He's just moved his mate in from work aswell...) my BF's mother basically forced us to leave this weekend just gone. BF's mother and brother have been slagging me off, behind my back and TO MY BFS FACE. Which I think is completely selfish, he's going to have split loyalties and it did upset him.

There was a lot of confusion of who was going to live where, in the end I'm back home with my mum (who's moving out within the next few months) and he's with his. He said he wanted to move in with me after a few weeks of 'break' then we would find our own house to share.

Night before last, it came out that he was happy at home and didn't think he wanted to live with me again. Now he's always been like this, he'll change his mind over and over and not know what he wants.
It gets confusing, he'll tell me he loves me and wants to be with me forever one night, then the next telling me we should break up.

He came over last night, and we spoke about stuff.

I asked him if he was still scared to 'commit' to me, as it were, and he said yes. It apparently scares him how easily I commit myself to him.

He was my first and I his..

I've had a few boyfriends in the past 'serious' but never had sex with any of them. He's never had a real GF apart from me. He went out with people in primary school then I was his only GF in secondary school and now.

He says he's scared to commit incase he's missing out. He doesn't want to say he'll be with me forever, just because he hasn't had experience of other girls.

He gave an example that came to him of getting completely drunk and 'shagging some random' but told me it sounded stupid saying it out loud. Meh.

It seems more like he just wants experience of sex with other girls rather than a proper relationship. I mean, I'm a pretty genuine person, I can't be bothered to try and act like someone else, whereas there are a vast number of girls out there who are REALLY fake. I am also a feisty person, and the BF takes everything like that really literally. If I disagree with him even a little bit he'll take it personally and get upset.

Now, I've thought about threesomes, and we've discussed it. I would prefer another guy, but I wouldn't mind a girl. The BF says he would only do it with another girl.

The thought of him having sex, even meaningless sex, with another girl, even while I was there, makes me insanely jealous. I mean seriously rips my heart apart.

I asked him how he would feel if I had sex with someone else, and he said "I would't be happy."

A bit later on I told him the worst bit wasn't the sex as such, but the cumming. Like, if he came inside another girl, THAT would be the thing that would make me not want him back, like he'd been tainted. He'd got pleasure from another girl and therefore I was useless.

I asked him how he would feel thinking about some other guy cumming in me, and he said that he agreed that would be a lot worse, he'd feel worse and wouldn't want me back because I'd be 'tainted'. Which is exactly how I feel, I haven't explained this fully to him, he just came out with it himself, which surprised me, that he felt the same way.

Well, still considering the threesome thing, but if he finds that some other girl is better than me, I'm worried he'll bugger off with her, or just to find someone else.

If the girl was in no way emotionally attached to him, like wasn't really attracted etc, and just kept it at plain sex, didn't speak about it afterwards, maybe it would be better.

Although, as soon as he'd had sex with this girl, there'd always be some kind of connection there...

I dont want to lose him, but I want to give him the option of experimenting whilst I could be involved, so he gets what he wants but is still mine, if you see what I mean. It wouldn't be betrayal, but like, we'd both be experimenting at the same time.

I'm just concerned that it could all go pear-shaped. He'd decide he didn't need me anymore and move on, or run off with another girl or I COULD feel that he'd betrayed me still. I can just see myself being upset, but it does appeal to me a bit.

Any comments/experiences etc would be appreciated.

Thanks
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,032 • Replies: 11
No top replies

honey rose cr

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 10:48 am
Just something that came to me. I was always nervous about having sex, I mean, I was with my boyfriend for months, having sex with him before he saw my breasts. We bathed together many times and I wore a swimming TOP. Sounds weird, but I was really worried.

The only reason we actually had sex was because he basically forced himself upon me (he regrets that now, but I seriously don't think we would've got anywhere if he hadn't forced me) forced sex turns me on aswell, so I guess I just became a bit curious and ended up wanting to do it, whereas before I was terrified.

I guess another reason I'm clinging to him through all the **** he's put me through is because I'm scared of having sex with someone else. It just seems like too much trouble and self consciousness and I can't be bothered with it. I'd rather devote myself to my current boyfriend, who I do love, than go through all the worry of "will he like my body, do I smell good, do I look good, is he using me..." All of the things I was worried about with bf now...
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 11:48 am
HoneyRose--

This guy is not ready to settle down--and he's honest about it.

Why would you contemplate threesomes with a guy who is more interested in gathering experience for himself than considering your feelings?

He wants to live with his mother, travel with his mates and have sex with you and any other woman who is available.

What he wants and what you want don't seem a good fit.

"No, thank you," is a perfectly good exit line.
0 Replies

JPB

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 12:01 pm
What noddy said!

You aren't giving yourself much respect in all of this, h_r_c. You're holding on for the sake of holding on and compromising your own values while at the same time trying to justify why compromise is better than not. If he isn't ready to commit then he shouldn't commit. Any more than he should have forced you to have sex before you were emotionally ready (and you've justified that in your mind too).

It sounds like you both need some time to mature emotionally before looking at longterm commitments.
0 Replies

susiedqq

Reply Thu 6 Dec, 2007 03:35 pm
Sex,
Sexs,
Sex, ---

That's all you have with this bloke - to talk about, to worry about, to think about, to . . . do!

Does he take you out? does he do things with you? Can you two hold a conversation that doesn't involve whining and/or sex?

You don't say how old you are, but I would say that you have lots of growing up to do - both of you - but his liitle head is telling him what his big head should do, and you have no ID other than being a sexual partner for him.

Time will save you both.

PS - be sure you are using BOTH protection and birth control!!!
0 Replies

aeroz

Reply Sun 9 Dec, 2007 08:11 pm
Re: Commitment, Experimentation, Jealousy...
honey_rose_cr wrote:

Night before last, it came out that he was happy at home and didn't think he wanted to live with me again.

DUMP....

HIS.....

ASS....

DUMP HIM. DUMP HIM. Did I mention to dump him? I think so. Alright.

Quote:
Now he's always been like this, he'll change his mind over and over and not know what he wants.

Dump!!!!!

Quote:
It gets confusing, he'll tell me he loves me and wants to be with me forever one night, then the next telling me we should break up.

.....DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
He says he's scared to commit incase he's missing out. He doesn't want to say he'll be with me forever, just because he hasn't had experience of other girls.

He's still a boy! Let him free! You are ready for committment; he is not! He needs several years to sow his oats! If you try to confine him to you now, he will be miserable and escape from you in the end, both of you left with broken hearts.

DUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Well, still considering the threesome thing, but if he finds that some other girl is better than me, I'm worried he'll bugger off with her, or just to find someone else.

Let him go!

Quote:
I dont want to lose him, but I want to give him the option of experimenting whilst I could be involved, so he gets what he wants but is still mine, if you see what I mean. It wouldn't be betrayal, but like, we'd both be experimenting at the same time.

Impossible! You're dreaming! Give it up; it will never happen!

If you try to hold onto him he WILL tear away from you, and in the process break both your hearts. He needs to be free right now to sow his wild oats just as much as he needs to eat to survive!

The solution: DUMP!!!!
0 Replies

sozobe

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:20 am
Heh...!

I do tend to agree with aeroz.

I don't think threesomes are automatically horrible if everyone involved really wants to, but with the context you provide it sounds like it'd be a bad, bad idea.

Quote:
I guess another reason I'm clinging to him through all the **** he's put me through is because I'm scared of having sex with someone else. It just seems like too much trouble and self consciousness and I can't be bothered with it. I'd rather devote myself to my current boyfriend, who I do love, than go through all the worry of "will he like my body, do I smell good, do I look good, is he using me..." All of the things I was worried about with bf now...

Sorry, but that's an absolutely terrible reason for staying with someone. Out of fear of the unknown. Really seems like something to work on, yourself. Right now it seems like you're ensuring you don't find a nice, fun, mature guy... you're just passively waffling until a jerky guy forces the issue.
0 Replies

Bella Dea

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:26 am
Threesomes rarely end well. Usually one person is very jealous and finds out they really can't stand the thought of someone else having sex with their partner and relive it over and over again until it eats the relationship away.

I'd move on.

I know this has been said a hundred thousand times but it stands true imo.

If it's meant to be, it will be. You'll find each other again when you've both had the chance to see what life is all about.
0 Replies

eoe

Reply Mon 10 Dec, 2007 09:32 am
He's been straight with you about not wanting to commit. But you won't listen. He's going to break up with you eventually. And that's gonna hurt alot more.

But, it's happened to most of us. It's called life. You can get over a broken heart in a short while. It's the humiliation and how low you allowed yourself to sink trying to hold onto him that's hard to get passed. Don't make it harder on yourself.

You probably won't listen to a word anyone has said here but I sure hope that you do.
0 Replies

Bohne

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 06:13 am
In a way, you seem to be just as confused as your boyfriend...

[quote]I would prefer another guy, but I wouldn't mind a girl.[/quote]
but
[quote]The thought of him having sex [...] with another girl, even while I was there, makes me insanely jealous[/quote]

[quote]I was always nervous about having sex[/quote]
but
[quote]I was with my boyfriend for months, having sex with him before he saw my breasts[/quote]

[quote]The only reason we actually had sex was because he basically forced himself upon me [/quote]
but
[quote]I seriously don't think we would've got anywhere if he hadn't forced me[/quote]

(I would call this rape...)

[quote]I'm scared of having sex with someone else[/quote]
but
[quote]I would prefer another guy...[/quote]

Maybe you sit yourself down first, and think about, what you want, and why exactly you are so attached to this guy...
Don't stay with him for lack of anything better to do!
Don't get yourself into things you cannot control and might regret later.

If you worry about sex with somebody else, don't have sex with anybody else.
You know, being without a sexual partner for a while is a completely accepted social status.

How old are you anyway?
0 Replies

Lash

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 07:46 am
Sweetheart--

How you present yourself in your post reveals a severe lack of self-esteem. You are willing to put up with a lot of pain and a bit of humiliation primarily because you think you are so sexually unattractive you are afraid to let another man see your body.

If you don't get a handle on THIS issue, I predict you will have a series of miserable relationships your whole life. I would like very much for you to be a strong, independentlyminded woman, who knows what she is looking for in a man, and can attract that kind of man. In order to get you to that point, consider the following:

Just forget this current guy.
Get counseling about self-esteem and body image.
Make being YOUR OWN best friend your top priority.
Assess your body fairly...make healthy changes that will improve any actual "problems"
Develop a Code of Expectations from relationships and follow it.

Sweety, good luck.

If you lower your expectations for men in your life (ie, I'll let him screw other women if that will keep him in my life), you will be miserable. You will be treated the way you ALLOW yourself to be treated.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Wed 19 Dec, 2007 01:58 pm
"Amen" to Lash and Bohne.
0 Replies