WAR timetable

Cephus

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:50 am
au1929 wrote:
Tartarin
You want proof positive? It does not exist. However the wealth of evidence has convinced most of the world that Al Qaeda was responsible. Are you sure your opinion is not colored by your white hot hate for Bush and co.

Actually, there is no evidence whatsoever that bin Laden was responsible for 9/11. Al-Queda is a cell-based organization, each of which operate independently. Bin Laden doesn't tell them all what to do and the cell that most likely was responsible was initially in Saudi Arabia and not under bin Laden's direct control. So he's more than likely innocent of the attack, even if Al-Queda was responsible at all. In fact, bin Laden initially came out and denied responsibility in mid-September and all of the tapes beyond that time are quite suspect. It's amazing when a tape shows up exactly when Bush needs a shot in the arm popularity-wise, isn't it? Might think Bush is writing them, huh?

It's also pretty clear that Bush knew something was going on prior to 9/11, if not specifically what. While only time will tell, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that Bush was personally involved in the planning and execution of 9/11.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 12:57 am
Personally involved in the planning and execution, probably not (I hope. I don't want to think a US president is that low). Knew something big was going to happen soon,and that connections to the Saudis existed, probably.

The unsettling thing is a comment in the PNAC documents that calls for the use of a large terrorist strike on CONUS targets as a pretext for the invasion of Iran. I hope that this was just co-incidence, and that it was simply an example of the Neocon's wierd thinking, but....
0 Replies

Cephus

Reply Sun 24 Aug, 2003 01:58 pm
hobitbob wrote:
Personally involved in the planning and execution, probably not (I hope. I don't want to think a US president is that low). Knew something big was going to happen soon,and that connections to the Saudis existed, probably.

I really wouldn't doubt it, everything that has happened seems far too convenient for Bush. Besides that, he publically laid out his plans for terrorism on Sept. 10, 2001, just one day before the attack. I don't think that's just coincidence. Bush and bin Laden have been friends for years. It makes no sense that bin Laden would stab Bush in the back while his family was in the US. Bush needed something like this to better his flagging popularity. Isn't it amazing how every country Bush wants to go after are those where the US has suffered a military or political defeat? We're not going after Saudi Arabia, where all the 9/11 terrorists trained, we're just going after places where the Republicans or Bush personally has a grudge.

Wonder why?
0 Replies

jon28518

Reply Sun 19 Oct, 2003 10:52 pm
US general said war over in 2006 (via tv oct. 18, 2003)
0 Replies

au1929

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 02:23 pm
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Maybe he has a crystal ball?
0 Replies

pistoff

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 03:04 pm
The Trickle Down theory
Then only thing that trickled down was unrine. Rolling Eyes
0 Replies

wolf

Reply Mon 20 Oct, 2003 08:49 pm
Americans will never leave Iraq. Look at the number of American bases, nuclear no less, who are manned in European countries. Come to think of it: the arrogance.
0 Replies