WAR timetable

Tartarin

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 02:47 pm
Redhorn -- One hardly knows where to begin. We've handled capitalism well? We have the greatest gap between rich and poor of any developed nation. Our educational system ranks, what, 23rd in the world? etc. etc. No. I think you're living in dreamland and at least one resident of Kanahooka have a much clearer, more intelligent view of this country.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 02:58 pm
au1929 wrote:
Hobitbob
Where he is physically is not really relevant. Since IMO there is never anyone home mentally regardless of where he is.

This is why whenever my (somewhere to the right of Mussolini) Brother in Law declares that BushII is the "best president since Reagan," I have to smile. At least Reagan could use early stage Alzheiners dementia as an excuse, BushII is just a malignant little nincompoop (and I mean that in the kindest way possible, Mr. Ashcroft.). Mad
0 Replies

mamajuana

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 03:12 pm
Hey, redhorn. You would be more coherent if you could come up with some facts and figures to bolster what you think is an argument.

"Do you know any country that has handled capitalism better or equal to us? Im american so I should know"

Read those sentences over carefully, repeat three times, and then explain what they mean. You could as easily say ---I handle heat. I'm from Texas so I should know.

Are you under the impression that that constitutes an argument for discussion?
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:17 pm
Here is my proof go argue with the CIA handbook!
CIA FACTBOOK US
Japan
Germany
I never said there was nothing wrong with the system Im saying if any of you were president can you do better in all areas oh yeah...as far as concerning the economic number's thing, the reason why it makes bush look bad and clinton good because of REAGANOMICS! A theory or is it fact? what do you think?
Reaganomics-funny!more reaganomics!
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:20 pm
Hey Tartarin we all gotta begin somewhere but you can start by taking that smart head of yours and removing it from somewhere! Sorry Im PMSing! Oh yeah, what do you think about this reaganomics thing? I love this debate, GOOD ARGUMENT! Your a vary rational person no need to be politically correct! Maybe I do live in a dreamland and that land of dreams is called america! Keep in mind your a worthy adversary, I like you because I can learn alot from ya! :wink:
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:21 pm
The situations in Japan and Germany after WWII were vastly different from those in Iraq or Afghanistan today. The ethnic adn socil divides were absent in both potwar examples. Japan and Germany are shinig examples of how to perform nation building, but they are also the only succeses that have been produced. Every other atempt has failed.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:23 pm
Hobitbob did the reaganomics part make sense? Or am i just a capitalist pig?
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:27 pm
the reaganomics sources you shared are not exactly research quality, now are they? Ignoring that I was in high-school and college during the Reagan era and saw the effects (some positive, mostly negative), I would reccomend reading Beyond Reaganomics: A Further Inquiry Into the Poverty of Economics, By Wilber and Jameson. Notre Dame Press, 1990.
Feel free to be any mammal you wish to be...I've always wanted to be an ocelot. Cool
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 06:35 pm
Okay Ill see it as constructive criticism and look more into it! What else do you propose that could be the result to the "large gap" between the classes of our economy? remember the media is liberal!
0 Replies

CodeBorg

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 07:57 pm
Wilso wrote:
My vote-never. The US will never give that country back it's oil.

THe ReDHoRN wrote:
It's obvious that you don't know much about the US since your not from there so I suggest you stick to the australian political scene! It's understandable that most foreign countries consider americans as being self-centered opportunistic trash! So I see where exactly your coming from and I also know you come from australia. I ask to re evaluate the environment you live in such as the political climate and think further beyond that! Oil is a very valuable resource, Bush may want his oil however most americans believe that this happened for the sake of peace within another nation. If we didn't give a **** our forces wouldn't still be down there and by god if we have a chance to get this commodity cheap in exchange for bringing peace food and security so be it! No idiot is gonna pass up on that deal! So tell me why should bush not be concerned about oil? Im tired of paying $2.50 per gallon! It's not like were slaughtering them for oil. Why do you even much have this cynical mentality? I only ask you for the sake of understanding deeply the views of what I consider foriegners to correct what I seem so naieve to!

CodeBorg wrote:
Interesting suggestion. What would you say (what points would you argue) to an American who believes the same thing?

Also, using the same reasoning, would other countries be justified to invade the United States anytime they wish, because there are valuable things here?

I was just curious, still am.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:00 pm
You didnt read this line did you?
Quote:
? I only ask you for the sake of understanding deeply the views of what I consider foriegners to correct what I seem so naieve to!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:19 pm
Oh right, the media is liberal. Uh-huh.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:21 pm
I take it your a liberal and your only here with the intent of proving how right you think you are!
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:22 pm
Twisted Evil Im going to crawl in a hole and DIE! I HATE THIS!!!!!!! Twisted Evil
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:24 pm
we're all bozos on this bus.
0 Replies

hobitbob

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:32 pm
I'm a liberal, and I know I'm right. I'm also smarter and fifty times as good looking as the rest of you (Except perhaps for Walter, how can I compete with someone in a sailor hat?) ! Very Happy
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 08:52 pm
No, I'm left. Definitely left. And I know conservative media when I see it's dirty face, day in and day out. Those rightwing myths don't work for me, Red.
0 Replies

THe ReDHoRN

Reply Fri 22 Aug, 2003 10:33 pm
al gore not part of the development of the internet...liberal myth!
0 Replies

Tartarin

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 09:46 am
Aha! Gotcha, Red. Nor did he say he was. What he did say (and it was true) was that he was dedicated to opening up the internet to everyone, not just those who could run out and buy expensive computers (this was the early '90's when computers cost more, were less widespread). He set up a commission, some members coming from from the LBJ School at UT (people I knew, so I can personally verify this) to develop ways (through public libraries, etc.) to give as many people as possible ready access. That's not all the commission did, but that was the major thrust. He chaired it, was active in it.

Next myth?
0 Replies

jon28518

Reply Sat 23 Aug, 2003 09:51 am
"hobit" your right on about Germany & Japan
hobitbob wrote:
The situations in Japan and Germany after WWII were vastly different from those in Iraq or Afghanistan today. The ethnic and social divides were absent in both potwar examples. Japan and Germany are shining examples of how to perform nation building, but they are also the only succeses that have been produced. Every other atempt has failed.

True, True and so the reason it will be a generation or more before GI's leave either Afganistan or Iraq. At least in Afganistan our presence is ligitimate with United Nations authority.
0 Replies