The man who couldn't die, is dead.

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 05:31 pm
ST. PETERSBURG, Florida (Reuters) - Daredevil Evel Knievel, who dodged death in spectacular motorcycle leaps and crashes in a life full of showmanship, died on Friday at age 69, according to his lawyer and a message on his Web site.

"I just spoke with him last night. He seemed to be in good spirits," said Knievel's lawyer, Richard Fee, adding he died in the Tampa Bay area of Florida where he recently made his home.

The front page of the tempestuous showman's official Web site -- www.evelknievel.com -- read simply "Robert Craig 'Evel' Knievel October 17, 1938 - November 30, 2007."
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 964 • Replies: 9
No top replies

edgarblythe

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 05:38 pm
I can't understand how he managed to live as long as he did.
0 Replies

dyslexia

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 05:39 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I can't understand how he managed to live as long as he did.
truely.
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:07 pm
Knievel's death was confirmed by his granddaughter, Krysten Knievel. He had been in failing health for years, suffering from diabetes and pulmonary fibrosis, an incurable condition that scarred his lungs.

Knievel had undergone a liver transplant in 1999 after nearly dying of hepatitis C, likely contracted through a blood transfusion after one of his bone-shattering spills.

Longtime friend and promoter Billy Rundel said Knievel had trouble breathing at his Clearwater condominium and died before an ambulance could get him to a hospital.

"It's been coming for years, but you just don't expect it. Superman just doesn't die, right?" Rundel said.

from AP

Did he have a son who died during a stunt?
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:08 pm
No, I guess not. Seems he's 'shattering more records than bones'...
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:12 pm
I got multiple scars cuz of that man... Cool

RIP Evel.
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:23 pm
I just heard an interview with a son of his on NPR. I was shocked that he was only 69. Seems he came from another age all together.
0 Replies

hamburger

Reply Fri 30 Nov, 2007 06:25 pm
he made the last big jump !
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 04:23 pm
The History channel is airing a bio. He was an incredibly driven man, with a lot of smarts, and brass balls.... Cool

RH
0 Replies

djjd62

Reply Sat 1 Dec, 2007 06:45 pm
i believe it was a comedy group called dr. bundolo's pandemonium medicine show, that included this story in the newscast of february, march the 6th

"and finally, today, evil knievels brother, good kenievel, broke a new world record by jumping 37 motorcycles with a vatican city school bus"
0 Replies