present/s

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:08 am
The Women's Forum of America presents/present ...

I think either verb can be used. Am I correct?

Many thanks.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 1,155 • Replies: 20
No top replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:18 am
Yes, either could be used. Treating Women's Forum of America as a singular noun (WFA presents) would be more commonly an American usage, whereas treating Women's Forum of America as a plural noun (WFA present) would be more commonly a British usage.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:19 am
Thanks, Roberta.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:20 am
I concur.
0 Replies

Setanta

You're welcome . . . but i'm not Raboida . . .
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

And if you ever call Setanta by the name of Roberta again, well, there is going to be hell to pay.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:21 am
Look Gus, i don't care if you think i'm Roberta, too. I know how to deal with the likes of you!
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:22 am
Sorry, Setanta

Setanta wrote:
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:31 am
Setanta wrote:
Look Gus, i don't care if you think i'm Roberta, too. I know how to deal with the likes of you!

Last time I come to your defense.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:36 am
Yoong Liat wrote:
Sorry, Setanta

Setanta wrote:

Don't worry about it, YL. My response was serious, and Gus' response was serious when he said that he concurs--since then, we've been indulging a little (accent on little) humor.

I'm still gonna get him, though.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:42 am
Setanta wrote:
Yoong Liat wrote:
Sorry, Setanta

Setanta wrote:

Don't worry about it, YL. My response was serious, and Gus' response was serious when he said that he concurs--since then, we've been indulging a little (accent on little) humor.

I'm still gonna get him, though.

Gus is a coward. He is always holding a pole. He may use it on you.
0 Replies

Setanta

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:45 am
Ah, but i'm just a little doggie . . . i can outrun him . . .
0 Replies

Mame

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 10:46 am
Uh... Gus is not a coward and that's not a pole - it's a pitchfork and has two uses - one is to poke people with it, and the other is to keep himself upright (notice I didn't say "erect" because that's another story) because he's so old and decrepit. That's why he has to use the pitchfork to hurt people - he's not physically able to any damage. Mentally, either, actually. That's why we're all so fond of him.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:08 am
Mame wrote:
Uh... Gus is not a coward and that's not a pole - it's a pitchfork and has two uses - one is to poke people with it, and the other is to keep himself upright (notice I didn't say "erect" because that's another story) because he's so old and decrepit. That's why he has to use the pitchfork to hurt people - he's not physically able to any damage. Mentally, either, actually. That's why we're all so fond of him.

Fortunately, Gus is not senile.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:15 am
Mame wrote:

Thanks for coming to my defense, Mame, as I would come to yours, but, in the future, would you dabble in coherency? Appreciate it. Love ya like a sister.

Ya hear me, girl?
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 11:24 am
As far as that Young Liat character goes: I've had it! I bend over backwards trying to help that son of a bi -- bastar--- cocksuc--- punk ass (whew! I can get this one by the hamsters) and how does he/she repay me?

BY RIDICULING ME IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS!!!!

There will be no more Chinese lessons. The translations are a thing of the past.

I hope Young Liat is savaged by Communists. May god have mercy on his/her soul.
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:26 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote:
As far as that Young Liat character goes: I've had it! I bend over backwards trying to help that son of a bi -- bastar--- cocksuc--- punk ass (whew! I can get this one by the hamsters) and how does he/she repay me?

BY RIDICULING ME IN FRONT OF MY FRIENDS!!!!

There will be no more Chinese lessons. The translations are a thing of the past.

I hope Young Liat is savaged by Communists. May god have mercy on his/her soul.

Who did you curse me? You want me dead. And God have mercy on my soul. I'm a Buddhist. So Buddha will always protect and look after me in life and in death.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 12:43 pm
(lost in translation)
0 Replies

Chai

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 01:00 pm
Care to weigh in on this issue Roberta?
0 Replies

Yoong Liat

Reply Wed 28 Nov, 2007 01:07 pm
gustavratzenhofer wrote: