She tipped over 303,621 dominos on Monday, new world record

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 04:41 pm
S. F. Gate - 8-20-03

== "Oh My God Someone Please Kill Me Now," She Whispered ==

A 24-year-old woman from China tipped over 303,621 dominos on Monday, breaking a long-standing record for the world's longest solo domino topple and making pretty much everyone else on the planet stop for just a moment and wonder just what the hell has become of our once noble and honorable and potentially divine species. Beijing-born Ma Lihua broke a 19-year-old record set by Germany's Klaus Friedrich, who set up and toppled 281,581 dominoes back in 1982, before exploding into a million tiny bloody bits.

"There was a time when I was not feeling well but I had a goal to achieve so I continued to persevere," said Ma, in this weird mousy robot voice that made everyone within earshot look at each other and sort of say, whoa, what the hell?

Ma calls herself a "dominologist" but everyone else on the planet calls her "appallingly and frighteningly and just really, really insane." Ma said she put in 13-hour days for nearly seven weeks to lay out the dominos, because she is, as previously noted herein, freaking insane. It took just over four minutes to knock down the series of white, red and yellow tiles that revealed the words "World Record" and images of electrical appliances. Yes, that's right, electrical appliances.

The event was sponsored by South Korean electronics firm LG.

Oh my freaking God the world is so weird. I mean, wow.

http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2003/08/18/international0539EDT0467.DTL&nl=fix
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 807 • Replies: 2
No top replies

jespah

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 05:59 pm
Did she also cause the big blackout?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Anyway, these things always fascinate me (they can be incredibly artistic) but then I wonder - what kind of a lack of a life does someone have to be interested in doing this? Hmm.
0 Replies

gustavratzenhofer

Reply Wed 20 Aug, 2003 06:08 pm
Quote:
Oh my freaking God the world is so weird. I mean, wow.

That is why I enjoy this planet.
0 Replies