Fate??? KITTENS!!!!!! with added pics

ehBeth

Reply Tue 26 Aug, 2003 10:11 am
i just took a look at grove street (i've got albums there as well). if you check the FAQ you discover that they move the IP to individual photos every day, to decrease the load on their server.

the links to the site and albums stay in one spot. (that's about as technical as my version of their FAQ is)
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:07 am
Oh! Lucky you, Vivien! Very Happy
Reminds me of a litter I had the pleasure to enjoy years& years ago (When Errol turned out to be Enid Shocked & gave birth to a litter of 5!) When they reached the frisky stage it was pandemonium! Wee tabby kittens dive bombing each other, climbing the curtains, becoming stranded on the stairs, & best of all - msolga cuddling all of them at once (along with poor, exhausted Enid!)
Enjoy yourself!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:21 am
ebeth thanks for the explanation. Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:25 am
msolga wrote:
When Errol turned out to be Enid Shocked

Laughing love it!

that must have been a bit of a shock! how lovely though.

Himself is now totally besotted and keeps wanting them to cuddle. He lies there with this smug contented expression with his arm around the kittens. He was making a big fuss of Rosie last night and i reminded him that he wanted to send them away to the home with the Rottweiler .... response: wry grin and nothing said!
0 Replies

msolga

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:32 am
Yes it was a shock, Vivien! Mind you, this was way back in the bad old days when one wasn't educated enough about one's responsibilities re neutering critters! Nothing like this could ever happen again! But they were absolutely delightful & it was bliss enjoying them all! Very Happy

Hurray for Himself! Hurray for you! And thanks heavens for the wee critters that there are kind hearted people in the world, still ... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Wed 27 Aug, 2003 01:45 am
oh oh - have to go - loud shouts for second breakfast are coming from 2 little horrors .....
0 Replies

urs53

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 02:19 pm
Vivien, they are soooo cute! Ours were 12 weeks old when we got them. They could eat and use the toilet...

Rosie and Paddy are really lucky to have found such a good home. And I am very happy for you. I cannot imagine living without cats anymore and fully understand that you wouldn't want to, either. Keep us informed!
0 Replies

littlek

Reply Thu 28 Aug, 2003 06:10 pm
oooooooh, so cute!
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Fri 29 Aug, 2003 09:24 pm
Ok Viv, it's been too long, we need an update on Rose and Paddy:) As soon as you have a minute of course:)
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:41 am
update soon - they are thriving and gorgeous and 2 little horrors....

i have to finish the catalogue for the Open Studios as it needs to go to the printer on Monday so will post later.
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 02:44 am
The kittens are now tottering about exploring. They like you to sit on the floor with them for reassurance so they can keep staggering back to you and climbing up your legs (OOOOWWWW! Shocked Sad Rolling Eyes )

They play fight lots now and i have the tiny scratches to prove it!

They love to snuggle up to my neck for a snooze when they get tired and purr contentedly.

They understand the phrases 'come on then' and 'in a minute, in a minutem IN A MINUTE' ( the answer to anguished wails to be fed while i frantically mix their formula).

Rosie's habit of windmilling her front paws when she has her milk from the syringe is not improving! she is ok if she once grabs hold of the syringe but constantly knocks it out of her mouth first! Paddy is much easier to feed - just glug glug glug ...MORE please.

They'll go in for their immunisations in a fortnight and then they can explore outside under supervision - that will be interesting.

must get back to this brochure ... bye for now
0 Replies

dlowan

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 03:00 am
A kitten journal!!!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:53 pm
Very Happy
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 01:56 pm
Very Happy

Himself is pinned down eating his dinner one handed with 2 sleeping kittens in the crook of his arm - him that didn't want them! :wink:
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Sat 30 Aug, 2003 07:56 pm
Awwwwwwwwwwww Viv, I knew he would be that way! Who wouldn't, those little kittens are so precious:)

Glad to hear you're all gettting along famously, and I so wish I could visit!
0 Replies

Vivien

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 09:07 am
We had a tragedy at the weekend, when. despite vetinary care and lots of nursing, Paddy gave up on life. He was always frail and though he grew a little and progressed, never developed like Rosie.

I was too upset to post before now.

Rosie is ok. She's running about without falling over quite so much, is totally blase about the car and plays, sleeps or washes as we travel - I hope it continues. In the vet she sat happily eyeing up huge dogs without a blink - I'm not actually sure that's a good thing.

Himself has been lovely about it and very supportive - even to the extent of saying that as long as Rosie makes it alright we could get another kitten for company for her in a few weeks Shocked - I'll see, it might be a good idea, though they aren't always 'friends' are they? I don't really know what to do about it.
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 09:14 am
Oh no, Viv! How awful! I sure wish he had made it. Crying or Very sad

I know you gave him the best possible care and lots of love. At least you made what little time he had here the best it could be.

Lots hugs.
0 Replies

margo

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 02:42 pm
{{{{Vivien}}}}
0 Replies

ehBeth

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 02:57 pm
awwwwww, Vivien, that is sad.
0 Replies

Misti26

Reply Tue 2 Sep, 2003 03:35 pm
Oh Viv., my heart is broken, as I know yours is! How very sad ... wee Paddy is in a better place, and the last few weeks of his life were spent with a loving/adoring family, he was cherished!

I am so sorry ... {{{ Vivien & David }}}
0 Replies