I don't feel for him anymore :( wht I shoud do?

safinaz

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:15 pm
I tought a lot about that problem before writing.. It's about my feeling for my bf, I don't feel for him as I used to. I don't miss him anymore.. Sometimes I find myself thinking about other guys.. we were so in love, we shared a lot of things, happy and funny moments, we were happy together and I used to think he's my everlasting love... well, I'm sure he's still in love with me as always, nothing has changed in his side... dunno it's cuz we're apart? he live now in another city, we don't see each other often.. but I don't care about it anymore ! I really can't understand what's going on.. he's doing his best to please me, and I don't feel anything! I'm bored and unconfortable !! What I should do ???
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 799 • Replies: 6
No top replies

Green Witch

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:32 pm
I seem recall you are rather young (@ 20?). You could very well be outgrowing your boyfriend and are ready to find someone new. Most people go through some intense love affair when they are in their teens or early 20's thinking- this is the relationship for me, forever. It rarely is. I think it's referred to as the Romeo & Juliet stage (or something like that). It's very intense and real at the time, but when it's over it's over and the best thing you can do for both of you is to move on. Don't feel guilty, it's a normal part of life.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 07:40 am
Safinaz--

Not every couple can manage long-distance romantic love.

A loving relationship is constantly renewed by creating shared memories and discussing them afterwards. Sex is also a binding adhesive.

Perhaps now that you and your boyfriend are living apart you're realizing that you don't have as much in common as you assumed?

Can the two of you discuss things as well as "do" things?
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 07:41 am
Safinaz--

Not every couple can manage long-distance romantic love.

A loving relationship is constantly renewed by creating shared memories and discussing them afterwards. Sex is also a binding adhesive.

Perhaps now that you and your boyfriend are living apart you're realizing that you don't have as much in common as you assumed?

Can the two of you discuss things as well as "do" things?
0 Replies

safinaz

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 09:34 am
Green Witch, I'm 22 and he's 25.. still young right?

Noddy24, we don't "do" things anymore, we don't meet often, it affects the relation and it's smething that I wasn't really aware of..

The problem now is whether I should break up with him or wait for some time to see if there would be any hope to continue, well I'm still thinkin alone about that, I didn't say anything to him cuz I know it will hurt him deeply Sad I can't even imagine his reaction !! his love for me is so deep that he can't accept such idea..
0 Replies

aeroz

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 12:51 am
Here's my opinion on this, as a 23 year old woman. I've had similar feelings as you, but here's the thing: you don't realize it, but if you didn't have him anymore, suddenly you would miss him and realize the love that was there for him. It will all come to the surface once he is gone, if you break up.

While he is gone from you right now, your feelings are in "remission," so as to protect you from being hurt or missing him too much. You are not consciously aware that they are there.

You can test this to see if it applies to you, by having him come to visit, or going to visit him, and see if the feelings come back again within 48 hours.
0 Replies

Noddy24

Reply Fri 23 Nov, 2007 09:47 am
Safinaz--

Quote:
The problem now is whether I should break up with him or wait for some time to see if there would be any hope to continue, well I'm still thinkin alone about that, I didn't say anything to him cuz I know it will hurt him deeply I can't even imagine his reaction !! his love for me is so deep that he can't accept such idea..

I wouldn't call him up at midnight and announce, "I don't love you any more." I would left him know that you are worried that because of the geographical distance between you that the two of you are drifting apart. You feel yourself changing in many, many ways and you are sure that he is also making discoveries and growing and expanding.

You are a kind person. You don't want to give anyone heartache. On the other hand, you don't want to spend your entire romantic life with a friend of your childhood.

Open a discussion.
0 Replies