Is it too soon?

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:06 pm
Ok for those of you that don't know I will be quick....I left my physically abusive husband last month, the end. Wait...was that too quick? Ok...it took me three years to do it, there...

I feel REALLY high schoolish saying this but I don't know what else to call it. I have a major crush on a guy that I have known I have had feelings for since I met him at the begining of this year. I can't seem not to think about him and now he's making his way into my dreams!

I had a crush on him while I was still married to my husband (well actually, technically I AM still married but who's keeping track). We actually worked together for a few months so I got to really know him. Ok...the old me would have spent months or even years trying to get as close as I could to him until he finally made his move, if ever. It took me four years of trying as hard as I could, sending every other guy away, for my husband to come to finally come to his sences and date me.

This time I swore to myself that I wouldn't be a loser and I decided to tell this new crush how I felt. I hadn't seen him or thought about him all summer until I ran into him a few weeks ago. There was this Halloween party and we started flirting. My girl friend, who has been trying to set me up with every single one of her hot guy friends, made the announcment that I was now a sinlge lady so now he knew that I was available. Well, the whole night we were flirting and when the party was over he offered to walk me to my car.

That night I was torn between telling him how I felt which is NOT like me at all, or not telling him and playing it safe so that he would never know how I felt about him...like a loser. So I decided that I needed to change my ways or I would never get anywhere in life and I told him how I felt...in a text message... I KNOW!!! How more high school could I get? I might as well have written him a love letter and had my girl friend give it to him for me! UGH!

Ok...well, as I suspected would happen...he didn't respond to the message. There was another party coming up and I knew he would be there so I got myself all dressed up and looked really hot. He not only completely ignored me the entire time like I wasn't even there, but he even went out of his way to make sure I knew it. I was sitting on the couch in the middle of two guys. He walks over to where I was sitting, shakes hands with the guy to my left, passes over me, and shakes hands with the guy to my right.

I feel like a complete idiot. I feel like the biggest loser on the planet. Is there any way I can fix this or am I completely screwed? I actually really like him. We both have the same interests and we have a lot in common. He makes me laugh and he is totally cute. I really don't feel like it is too soon to start dating because I have felt my marraige to my husband has been over for years. I don't have any feelings for him any more and I am really anxious to get back into the dating feild.

What should I do?
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 1 • Views: 667 • Replies: 4
No top replies

martybarker

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:06 pm
Hi,

As I"m in the same situation as "What do I do?" I'm not sure I'm the best to give advice on this. Just yesterday I made the phone call.

I just want you to know that you shouldn't be discouraged but I don't like the fact that he ignored you at the party. What is his age range?
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:25 pm
I'm 24 and he is around that age too. I think I might be older by at the most a year. I am graduated and he is still finishing up his bachelores but we both are in the same department and that is how I met him.
0 Replies

Rockhead

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 10:26 pm
Kitkat, you need to go slow.....
0 Replies

kitkat bar

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 11:57 pm
Rockhead wrote:
Kitkat, you need to go slow.....

Crap....
0 Replies