Noddy24

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 06:30 am
Such a satisfied grin on an adorable face. Edgar, you're a lucky man.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 08:53 am
Congratulations to you and your family, Edgar!
0 Replies

Eva

Reply Thu 6 Mar, 2008 06:57 pm
Awww..... Cool
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 08:50 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
reyn! Long time no speak. Good to hear from you.

I've been on and off the site, mostly just reading. I just can't find much to say these days. I must be cursed with no imagination.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 09:00 pm
I spend a lot of time feeling the same way, reyn. Just the way life goes for some of us.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 10:56 pm
Yeah, I guess so. It's a good thing I'm not a writer like yourself! Laughing

Not been having much luck on the part time job front, although, at the moment, I'm quite busy with other various tasks anyways. Hope something will show up by April.

Have you had any more thoughts on the retirement front? Time is sneaking up quickly now. About 4 1/2 months, right? July?
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Thu 13 Mar, 2008 11:02 pm
Do you ever laugh
Then not remember why
Finding tears
You start to cry
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 12:45 pm
Reyn wrote:
Yeah, I guess so. It's a good thing I'm not a writer like yourself! Laughing

Not been having much luck on the part time job front, although, at the moment, I'm quite busy with other various tasks anyways. Hope something will show up by April.

Have you had any more thoughts on the retirement front? Time is sneaking up quickly now. About 4 1/2 months, right? July?

[Bumping for Edgar]
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 01:07 pm
July it is. I may relent and stay on part time. I just worry they will take advantage of my good nature if I do so.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 01:48 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
July it is. I may relent and stay on part time.

Yes, I thought it was July.

You may start working part time and find your hours somewhat "changing", depending on what needs doing. Like you say, take advantage of your good nature.

Have you been checking the employment ads in your local paper yet? Maybe get a feel for what's out there.

My problem is that I don't want to work full time. Lots of full time jobs available here that could possibly suit me. I really only want to work about 20 hours per week.

A job did come up recently for that many hours for $10 per hour, as a liquor store clerk. I'm not sure I'd feel comfortable working in such an environment though, seeing that I don't even drink alcohol.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 02:00 pm
I wouldn't think you would be happy in a liquor store, reyn.

I keep thinking that if I stay on part time, I won't have to take a full time job, because this job would pay better per hour than a security job, or some place like Home Depot.
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 08:19 pm
edgarblythe wrote:
I keep thinking that if I stay on part time, I won't have to take a full time job, because this job would pay better per hour than a security job, or some place like Home Depot.

Hmm, well, I can certainly understand why you would want to seriously consider it.

Is it possible that upon retirement from full time, you can sit down with your employer and set some definite ground rules and the maximum amount of hours that you're willing to do per day or per week? Perhaps you can take on a more supervisory /training role as well?

I would fear that if you don't set limits before the part time starts, you may be edged towards something else as time progresses. If possible, get it in writing, too, and not just a verbal "understanding". If your immediate boss leaves, all cards may be off the table then for the next person.

Stuff to hash out, for sure.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 09:21 pm
Your suggestions are sound and that's the only way it could work. I am not going to work beyond my capabilities any longer, from that point. Better they fire me.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sat 15 Mar, 2008 11:19 pm
Chumly wrote:
Do you ever laugh
Then not remember why
Finding tears
You start to cry
I posted this earlier, I wrote it all by my lonesome, but no one said nothing, even though it's an "Anything Thread".
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 08:39 am
Chumly wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Do you ever laugh
Then not remember why
Finding tears
You start to cry
I posted this earlier, I wrote it all by my lonesome, but no one said nothing, even though it's an "Anything Thread".

[hugs Chumly]
Very nice...... :wink:
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 09:05 am
I took it as possibly a negative comment and did not want to rile the water.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 10:11 am
It had nothing to do with anything on A2K.

I thought something was funny but I could not remember what the humorous trigger was, then I found myself sad.

Your thread suggested I could post anything, so I did.
0 Replies

edgarblythe

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 11:46 am
Chumly wrote:
It had nothing to do with anything on A2K.

I thought something was funny but I could not remember what the humorous trigger was, then I found myself sad.

Your thread suggested I could post anything, so I did.

And so you may. Did I criticise or make you feel unwelcome? (Hoping no toes felt the weight of my shoe). Truthfully, I did not know how to respond to it. But, we know each other well enough to know no harm was done or intended.
0 Replies

Chumly

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:01 pm
You were your usual kind and gracious self! A web-persona I have come to appreciate and feel would be similar in-person.

I wonder if there is an elegant-er way to express the concepts of:

"web-persona"
"in-person"
0 Replies

Reyn

Reply Sun 16 Mar, 2008 12:37 pm
Chumly wrote:
Chumly wrote:
Do you ever laugh
Then not remember why
Finding tears
You start to cry

Reyn wrote:
[hugs Chumly]
Very nice...... :wink:

Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Chumly rebuffed my hug and did not comment! :wink: Laughing Laughing

[size=7]Reyn holds up his jokester sign.....[/size]
0 Replies