The lunacy that is and was the Republicans

okie

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 01:02 pm
JTT wrote:
Yeah, Nixon was a real gem.

At least, he got us out of Vietnam, the war that Democrats love to hate, and the war that Democrats started. The same war that leftists of the day tried to call Nixon's war.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Wed 21 Nov, 2007 06:26 pm
okie wrote:
JTT wrote:

At least, he got us out of Vietnam, the war that Democrats love to hate, and the war that Democrats started. The same war that leftists of the day tried to call Nixon's war.

Okie: I want you to know that all our governments, Democrat and Republican are scummy through and through and they care nothing, never have never will, for the people of other lands.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 10:56 am
JTT wrote:
okie wrote:
JTT wrote:

Okie: I want you to know that all our governments, Democrat and Republican are scummy through and through and they care nothing, never have never will, for the people of other lands.

I don't accept that accusation. This country cared for Britain, since even before we were in the war we had Lend Lease to Britain. We care for Israel, whether or not that concern is self-serving. We care for Canada and Mexico, since they are on our borders. We care for many nations' ills, but are held back by that League of Nations type of organization in NYC.

The Democrats care, and the Republicans care. This country is made up of predominantly caring people.

Notice we don't vanquish our enemies. (Germany and Japan become industrial nations with our help after WWII.)

I believe our caring is a direct result of the country having a Christian heritage.

For any "sins of ommission" one might claim for this country, there are few "sins of commission." I believe, marking on a curve, we come out in the top percentile, when compared to most other nations.

Our only real blemish is towards our own; I'm talking about the shame of having once had slavery.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Thu 22 Nov, 2007 01:05 pm
Stray Cat wrote:
kickycan wrote, re: Nixon:

Quote:
Yes, and what a noble statesman he was. Thank you for bringing him up, for he is a shining example of Republican values. You must be so proud.

Actually, Nixon was a helluva statesman -- foreign diplomacy was his forte. And his Secretary of State, Henry Kissinger, wasn't exactly a slouch on that subject either. The best example being how they opened a wedge between Communist China and the USSR.

Agreed. Kissinger was no slouch at being a war criminal.
0 Replies