The lunacy that is and was the Republicans

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:41 pm
Quote:

A HuffPost Project: Posterizing the Modern GOP

The result is three powerful posters that simply but graphically capture the lunacy of the modern GOP.

You can check out the posters by clicking on the images below. But looking at the posters is just the first step. Consider them rough drafts. And we want you to help with the rewrites by adding to the names, events, and slogans depicted in the posters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/a-huffpost-project-poste_b_72899.html

Click on the three posters. What a great synopsis illustrating abject failure.
  • Topic Stats
  • Top Replies
  • Link to this Topic
Type: Discussion • Score: 0 • Views: 1,807 • Replies: 43
No top replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 07:59 pm
Re: The lunacy that is and was the Republicans
JTT wrote:
Quote:

The result is three powerful posters that simply but graphically capture the lunacy of the modern GOP.

You can check out the posters by clicking on the images below. But looking at the posters is just the first step. Consider them rough drafts. And we want you to help with the rewrites by adding to the names, events, and slogans depicted in the posters.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/arianna-huffington/a-huffpost-project-poste_b_72899.html

And of course it comes from the Huff post, surely a totally nonpartisan, objective, even handed publication if ever there was one.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:31 pm
mysteryman wrote:
JTT wrote:
Quote:

And of course it comes from the Huff post, surely a totally nonpartisan, objective, even handed publication if ever there was one.

Another knee-jerk apologist! If you had bothered to check, you'd have seen that as it stands, it wasn't a creation of the Huff Post. But facts are definitely not your long suit, MM.

Just read the list. It is so dead on accurate. Each line screams mistakes, errors 'til Hell won't have 'em, corruption on the grandest of scales, lies, more lies, more corruption, the most ignorant of presidents ever, supported by an even larger group of astonishingly ignorant "people".

Weren't you whining just a bit ago about holding people accountable?

A retired gun for hire turned apologist for liars. What's your next career
move, free lance hitman?
0 Replies

mysteryman

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 08:41 pm
JTT wrote:
mysteryman wrote:
JTT wrote:
Quote:

Another knee-jerk apologist! If you had bothered to check, you'd have seen that as it stands, it wasn't a creation of the Huff Post. But facts are definitely not your long suit, MM.

I apologize for nothing, and yes I know it didnt originally come from the Huff Post.
But,the Huff Post has a habit of distortion, lying, and stretching the truth.
Anything that they print I take with a grain of salt.

Just read the list. It is so dead on accurate. Each line screams mistakes, errors 'til Hell won't have 'em, corruption on the grandest of scales, lies, more lies, more corruption, the most ignorant of presidents ever, supported by an even larger group of astonishingly ignorant "people".

Weren't you whining just a bit ago about holding people accountable?

A retired gun for hire turned apologist for liars. What's your next career
move, free lance hitman?

I was never a "gun for hire".
If you a refering to my military career, all you have to do is read my posts.
You will see that I was a US Navy corpsman.
I was a combat medic with the USMC.
I NEVER carried a gun, that was my choice, and I NEVER took another mans or womans life.
My job was to save lives, and I am now retired from the Navy due to wounds received saving innocent lives.

Now, if you have any other questions about my military career, just ask.
Dont assume you know anything.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 09:00 pm
mysteryman wrote:

I apologize for nothing, and yes I know it didnt originally come from the Huff Post.
But,the Huff Post has a habit of distortion, lying, and stretching the truth.
Anything that they print I take with a grain of salt.

You are one of the worst apologists for this group of liars and criminals. Your suggestion that the Huff Post comes anywhere near, in degree, the fabrications that are endemic to this group of scoundrels is truly nothing short of astonishing.
0 Replies

Jim

Reply Sun 18 Nov, 2007 11:20 pm
The only difference I see between the Democrats and the Republicans is about 10 to 15 years. That's about how long it takes the Republicans to accept Democratic positions, as they both move further and further leftwards.

Or, as Michael O'Brien has written, that with the passage of time:

"People began to think of them (liberals) as the new moderates; by the same token, the truly moderate were now considered ultraconservative, and the conservatives to be sociopaths"

A pox on both their houses.
0 Replies

blatham

Reply Mon 19 Nov, 2007 02:43 am
Quote:
I was a combat medic with the USMC.
I NEVER carried a gun, that was my choice,

MM

I didn't know that. That's a military function and a personal decision I hold in deep respect.

Now, if I can just sign you in to Happy Acres for a half year or so, I think we could get along.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 09:42 am
The Republicans weren't in the Whitehouse when Vietnam started and continued for 10 years. That "domino theory" of Communism coming to our shores, if Vietnam fell to the Communists, was wrong.

Somewhere near 50,000 military died in that war.

Regular citizens fought that war with the draft being in effect.

Why is the Democratic Party not reminded of their being in the Whitehouse during that fiasco?

I personally believe there are people that criticize the Republican Party today that know full well of the Vietnam War and its connection to the Democratic Presidencies; however, by some individuals criticizing the current military effort, and connecting it to the Republicans some individuals can, hopefully, move people to vote Democratic in 2008 and further their own personally preferred agendas, whatever that is. The current war is just the proverbial scapegoat in many instances, I believe.

Let's not forget the Democratic Party has a diverse constituency that includes those who are very alienated from the historical conservative Republican position on many issues. So many issues that attracts Democrats: women's rights, gay rights, Palestinian rights, inner-city needs, undocumented worker's rights, abortion rights, global warming concerns, as a sampler. So, I always wonder whether the war is really upper-most in the mind of anyone criticizing the Republican Party, or is it just an attempt to further one's own personal agenda?
0 Replies

rabel22

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 04:36 pm
Actually our involvement in Vietnam began during the Eisenhour presidency.
0 Replies

JTT

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 04:41 pm
Foofie wrote:

It's this kind of stupidity that makes America and some unthinking Americans so hated by so many across the globe.

Do you have the slightest idea how many east Asians were murdered because of your short-sighted paranoia?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:01 pm
rabel22 wrote:
Actually our involvement in Vietnam began during the Eisenhour presidency.

Not to any great degree. It was John Kennedy that put advisors in there. He could have ended it while he was alive. It snowballed from then on. A Republican, Nixon, ended it.
0 Replies

Roxxxanne

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:07 pm
Delusional
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:10 pm
JTT wrote:
Foofie wrote:

It's this kind of stupidity that makes America and some unthinking Americans so hated by so many across the globe.

Do you have the slightest idea how many east Asians were murdered because of your short-sighted paranoia?

Yes, I have more than the slightest idea; however, while so many people are deploring the American loss of life with Iraq and Afghanistan, I thought it should be put in context of the war the Democrats oversaw which lost around fifty-thousand (some estimates 55,000).

Please don't jump from topic to topic. The Asian loss of life (I thought two-million, since the kill ratio was usually 20:1, I thought) only proves that under a Democratic administration the U.S. was embroiled in a war that did mucho mata (much killing).

So, I think it appropriate, for those that are aware of this history, to not demonize the Republican Party for the current war.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:12 pm
Roxxxanne wrote:
Delusional

What is delusional?
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:20 pm
Foofie wrote:
So, I think it appropriate, for those that are aware of this history, to not demonize the Republican Party for the current war.

How about this: we don't demonize Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon or Ford for the Iraq War, and we don't demonize the Bush administration for Vietnam.

Would that work for you?
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:29 pm
old europe wrote:
Foofie wrote:

How about this: we don't demonize Truman, Eisenhower, Kennedy, Johnson, Nixon or Ford for the Iraq War, and we don't demonize the Bush administration for Vietnam.

Would that work for you?

I already made my point in an earlier post; I don't enjoy repartee. If the above was not repartee, it was backwards.
0 Replies

old europe

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:33 pm
Foofie wrote:
I already made my point in an earlier post; I don't enjoy repartee. If the above was not repartee, it was backwards.

I know.

You enjoy stating your opinions. You don't like defending them.

I've noticed.
0 Replies

candidone1

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:35 pm
Foofie wrote:
The Republicans weren't in the Whitehouse when Vietnam started and continued for 10 years. That "domino theory" of Communism coming to our shores, if Vietnam fell to the Communists, was wrong.

If the domino theory was wrong vis a vis Vietnam, then how come the same "logic" has been used in fighting the so-called WoT.
After all, most of the pre and post-war fear mongering was grounded in propaganda stating that "these islamists" want to turn the world into an oppressive islamic state, and "we are fighting them over there so that we won't have to fight them here".

If there really are no parallels between Vietnam and Iraq, this is one point worth addressing.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:41 pm
old europe wrote:
Foofie wrote:

I know.

You enjoy stating your opinions. You don't like defending them.

I've noticed.

Correct observation. To defend my opinions is empowering the people that take issue with them, in that, then I would be believing that they are worth "converting" to my opinion. I do not want to "save" anyone's "intellectual soul," so to speak.

While others may say this reflects a superiority complex, I believe it is not a complex.
0 Replies

Foofie

Reply Tue 20 Nov, 2007 06:44 pm
candidone1 wrote:
Foofie wrote:

If the domino theory was wrong vis a vis Vietnam, then how come the same "logic" has been used in fighting the so-called WoT.
After all, most of the pre and post-war fear mongering was grounded in propaganda stating that "these islamists" want to turn the world into an oppressive islamic state, and "we are fighting them over there so that we won't have to fight them here".

If there really are no parallels between Vietnam and Iraq, this is one point worth addressing.

On the contrary, Islamic terrorists have come to our shores. Have you heard of 9/11?
0 Replies